The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Cliff, in the way  of explaining Ben that I see:

Ben sided with the rioters aggression against his Capitol probably because he couldn't conceive in his "American Deep State" model  they wouldn't just slaughter them all. So he and others here are left with concocting "deep state false flag" conspiracy theories involving  the  FBI, NSS and the MSM with one overriding purpose, to get Trump, and refusing to look institutionally at the involvement, destruction of evidence and stonewalling of the Secret Service and Trump's 3 hour dangerous indifference to the riots. Not to mention the many pronged organized plans to subvert our Democracy that are ongoing to this day, as well as the testimony among many of his aides that Trump knew all along he lost the election.

That and a naive hope  from Thailand that these rioters actually had a coherent populist philosophy that would hijack the GOP or be a real third party, though he had no specifics at all how that would happen, and the politicians  who now hold his initial position are among the wackiest, most militant and dangerous, which he maybe is coming to realize. 

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I’m still trying to figure out what Ray Epps has to do with HammerMan in Minneapolis and 10,000+ peaceful George Floyd  protests.

Ben:. I strongly recommend the following: 

https://www.covertbookreport.com/book-review-the-yankee-and-cowboy-war-by-carl-olgesby

While I don’t buy Ogesby’s theory of the JFKA as a Cowboy Coup & Watergate as a Yankee counter-coup (both a Yankee coup in my book), the big takeaway is that the ruling elites are faction ridden.  

The Yankees of last century are “Globalists” — Bushes and Clintons.  

Cowboys are “Dominionists” —Christian Fascists, Trumpers.  

I also include the elites devoted to government work — Institutionalists like Obama, Biden and Liz Cheney.

In my book you and most everyone on this Forum chronically mid-uses the phrase “deep state” as an exclusively Globalist entity.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Cliff: In my book you and most everyone on this Forum chronically mid-uses the phrase “deep state” as an exclusively Globalist entity.

The Deep State now is so ubiquitous, it could mean almost anything. Actually, if you remember, I've sort of scoffed at the "Deep State" for that reason. I don't use the phrase  except in describing other's account of their deep state. There is a need for a phrase. It's almost a requirement here that everybody has a "deep state".  It's kind of "Identity politics", right Ben?

I understand the 3 distinctions you make. The problem IMO, with the Yankees and the Cowboys thing is that people always take it so literally. 

I think the common perception of the right wing conspiracy "woke" here is not the least nuanced , and that everybody in all 3 groups is a "globalist" outside of Trump.    (whose  a globalist)

Congrats to Dusty and the Stros, though they're not my favorite team. Dusty lives at least in part in Sacramento still!

Dusty and I go back a long way. Since we got him from the Dodgers in the 80's.

then he became our manager.

Then in game 6 in 2002 World Series and the Giants up 3-2 over the Angels., he pulled Russ Ortiz who had a one hitter going with one out in the 7th, leading 5-0, when he then allowed his second hit!! Then reliever Felix Hernandez ends up the inning allowing a 3 run homer, and the Angels come back to tie in the eighth!, then go ahead and take game 6 and then game7!  The Giants lose the series!

And that was near the beginning of the era when they'd just pull the pitchers, who were doing great, and take their chances with the bullpen. It backfired bad on us! But I noticed the managers were  no longer even second guessed about it! Having been a pitcher while growing up. I knew my era was over!

The other day Houston won game 4 over Philadelphia, with a combined no hitter! But who gives a sh-t about a "combined no hitter?"  Who'll ever remember the names of 3 pitchers who combined in a no hitter? Particularly now with the way they're switching pitchers! There could be a 6 pitcher no hitter now.!

Anyway, Sorry, but how often does a major sports season end?

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

2 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

I’m still trying to figure out what Ray Epps has to do with HammerMan in Minneapolis and 10,000+ peaceful George Floyd  protests.

Ben:. I strongly recommend the following: 

https://www.covertbookreport.com/book-review-the-yankee-and-cowboy-war-by-carl-olgesby

While I don’t buy Ogesby’s theory of the JFKA as a Cowboy Coup & Watergate as a Yankee counter-coup (both a Yankee coup in my book), the big takeaway is that the ruling elites are faction ridden.  

The Yankees of last century are “Globalists” — Bushes and Clintons.  

Cowboys are “Dominionists” —Christian Fascists, Trumpers.  

I also include the elites devoted to government work — Institutionalists like Obama, Biden and Liz Cheney.

In my book you and most everyone on this Forum chronically mid-uses the phrase “deep state” as an exclusively Globalist entity.

CV-

Yes, we have discussed that the "Deep State," "intel state" or "national security state" or "shadow government" etc. are shorthand expressions, as we do not want post a lengthy thesis with each comment. 

IMHO the globalist faction has become dominant, due to the global reach of the US military and the global nature of today gigantic inter-continental corporations. 

Whereas in the 1960s you might have huge resource companies operating globally (think Smedley Butler, Dole, Freeport Sulphur) and bending foreign-military-trade policy in their direction, today you have corporations with market caps in excess of $1 trillion, such as Apple, you have the Disney's, BlackRocks, Morgan Stanleys, Wal-Marts, GMs even Tesla now, operating globally, and lobbying accordingly. Silicon Valley, Wall Street, the media-entertainment complex---the US military and US foreign policy are often just global guard service. 

To be sure, one-offs happen, strong personalities, the Ukraine situation is a funny one. I think the globalists were ready to consign Ukraine to Putin, as they could continue doing business in either case. But the Ukrainians resisted, and besides Putin had been linked to the populist non-interventionist Trump in various witch-hunts....so the US  is in Ukraine. I actually agree with the Ukainian mission, in the way when a sometimes corrupt cop jails a really, really bad street killer. 

Just IMHO....look forward to your views....

4 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ben sided with the rioters aggression against his Capitol probably because he couldn't conceive in his "American Deep State" model  they wouldn't just slaughter them all. So he and others here are left with concocting "deep state false flag" conspiracy theories involving  the  FBI, NSS and the MSM with one overriding purpose, to get Trump, and refusing to look institutionally at the involvement, destruction of evidence and stonewalling of the Secret Service and Trump's 3 hour dangerous indifference to the riots. Not to mention the many pronged organized plans to subvert our Democracy that are ongoing to this day, as well as the testimony among many of his aides that Trump knew all along he lost the election.

That and a naive hope  from Thailand that these rioters actually had a coherent populist philosophy that would hijack the GOP or be a real third party, though he had no specifics at all how that would happen, and the politicians  who now hold his initial position are among the wackiest, most militant and dangerous, which he maybe is coming to realize. 

I am contemplating a fundraiser for a new and largest-yet monument, "The Unknown Capitol Invader" to be placed somewhere near the entrance of the Smithsonian, on the mall, or possibly on the Capitol grounds. 

Maybe...Ray Epps will stand as the model. 

7 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Cliff: In my book you and most everyone on this Forum chronically mid-uses the phrase “deep state” as an exclusively Globalist entity.

The Deep State now is so ubiquitous, it could mean almost anything. Actually, if you remember, I've sort of scoffed at the "Deep State" for that reason. I don't use the phrase  except in describing other's account of their deep state. There is a need for a phrase. It's almost a requirement here that everybody has a "deep state".  It's kind of "Identity politics", right Ben?

Exactly.

I understand the 3 distinctions you make. The problem IMO, with the Yankees and the Cowboys thing is that people always take it so literally. 

That’s why I go with Globalist, Dominionist, Institutionalist — the tri-polar American ruling elite.

I think the common perception of the right wing conspiracy "woke" here is not the least nuanced , and that everybody in all 3 groups is a "globalist" outside of Trump.    (whose  a globalist)

I think the globalists of the 20 Century were more heinous — the scions of the oil and rail industries, Rockefeller and Harriman. 

Congrats to Dusty and the Stros, though they're not my favorite team. Dusty lives at least in part in Sacramento still!

Dusty!!!

Then in game 6 in 2002 World Series and the Giants up 3-2 over the Angels., he pulled Russ Ortiz who had a one hitter going with one out in the 7th, leading 5-0, when he then allowed his second hit!!

And when he took Russ out he handed him the ball, a souvenir he soon regretted giving.  The Angels were not amused by the gesture.

Then reliever Felix Hernandez ends up the inning allowing a 3 run homer,

A low inside fastball right in Scott Spiezio’s wheelhouse...a righty throwing a home run ball to a lefty...just like here on the Ed Forum!

With all of the recent, lengthy nightly updates from the MAGA-verse by Ben and Mathew Koch, I noticed that this big news story was never posted here on the 56 Years thread.

Did Fox News cover this story, Mathew?

When else, in the course of American history, did an armed partisan militia ever conspire to kidnap and execute a U.S. governor?

And let's recall that this kidnap/execution plot was conceived in the context of the Orange Stochastic Terrorist-in-Chief repeatedly denouncing Governor Whitmer for implementing basic public health measures during a deadly pandemic!

Three militia members guilty in plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer

GI4B5HPPNFGARF3KSU3EJJ54MU.jpg

www.rawstory.com/whitmer-kidnapping-plot/

October 26, 2022

Edited by W. Niederhut

"Morrison, Musico and Bellar were among 14 men arrested in October 2020 on state and federal charges related to the plot to kidnap Whitmer at her summer home in Elk Rapids, try her for treason over her coronavirus mandates, and then execute her."

14-accused-kidnapping-plot.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

9 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

With all of the recent, lengthy nightly updates from the MAGA-verse by Ben and Mathew Koch, I noticed that this big news story was never posted here on the 56 Years thread.

Did Fox News cover this story, Mathew?

When else, in the course of American history, did an armed partisan militia ever conspire to kidnap and execute a U.S. governor?

And let's recall that this kidnap/execution plot was conceived in the context of the Orange Stochastic Terrorist-in-Chief repeatedly denouncing Governor Whitmer for implementing basic public health measures during a deadly pandemic!

Three militia members guilty in plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer

GI4B5HPPNFGARF3KSU3EJJ54MU.jpg

www.rawstory.com/whitmer-kidnapping-plot/

October 26, 2022

9 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

"Morrison, Musico and Bellar were among 14 men arrested in October 2020 on state and federal charges related to the plot to kidnap Whitmer at her summer home in Elk Rapids, try her for treason over her coronavirus mandates, and then execute her."

14-accused-kidnapping-plot.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

FBI foils it's own plot! 
I forget, I think the FBI head that was involved with this fake kidnapping is involved with Jan 6 

Geez, Mathew, speaking of the "normalization of right wing political violence" by the MAGA cult...

You remind me of Ben denying the significance of the armaments stash during the J6 coup attempt.

The Militiamen Conspiring to Kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer: A Threat to Democracy? (esquire.com)

October 17, 2022

Further corroboration, if even required, that these men were just who they seemed to be came when two of the six (Ty Garbin and Kaleb Franks) struck plea bargains, agreeing to plead guilty and testify against their accomplices in hopes of receiving a reduced sentence. Need more? Among the property confiscated from those arrested were at least seventy guns, along with sundry magazines, suppressors, scopes, and silencers; abundant ammunition; and various explosives. Even more? Well, perhaps it’s easiest to get a clear flavor of who the remaining four men (Adam Fox, Barry Croft, Daniel Harris, and Brandon Caserta) were, and of how they thought, and of their intentions, by listening to their own words, recorded while under surveillance.

Fox: “Snatch and grab, man. Grab the xxxxin’ governor. Just grab the bitch. Because at that point, we do that, dude—it’s over.”

Caserta: “When the time comes, there will be no need to try and strike fear through presence. The fear will be manifested through bullets.”

Croft: “Wham! A quick, precise grab on that xxxxing governor. And all you’re going to end up having to possibly take out is her armed guard.”

Harris: “Have one person go to her house. Knock on the door, and when she answers it just cap her . . . at this point. xxxx it.”

Fox: “I want to have the governor hog-tied, laid out on a table, while we all pose around like we just made the world’s biggest goddamn drug bust, bro."

Caserta: “And I’m telling you what, right now, man, I’m going to make this dooky 100 percent clear, dude, if this dooky goes down. Okay? If this whole thing starts to happen. I’m telling you what, dude, I’m taking out as many of those motherxxxxers as I can. Every single one, dude. Every single one.”

Reading all this, maybe you’re thinking that the only other words you really want to hear are a succinct confirmation that the speakers will all be in prison for a very long time.

11 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Then in game 6 in 2002 World Series and the Giants up 3-2 over the Angels., he pulled Russ Ortiz who had a one hitter going with one out in the 7th, leading 5-0, when he then allowed his second hit!! Then reliever Felix Hernandez ends up the inning allowing a 3 run homer, and the Angels come back to tie in the eighth!, then go ahead and take game 6 and then game7!  The Giants lose the series!

And that was near the beginning of the era when they'd just pull the pitchers, who were doing great, and take their chances with the bullpen. It backfired bad on us! But I noticed the managers were  no longer even second guessed about it! Having been a pitcher while growing up. I knew my era was over!

The other day Houston won game 4 over Philadelphia, with a combined no hitter! But who gives a sh-t about a "combined no hitter?"  Who'll ever remember the names of 3 pitchers who combined in a no hitter? Particularly now with the way they're switching pitchers! There could be a 6 pitcher no hitter now.!

Anyway, Sorry, but how often does a major sports season end?

It’s the influence of analytics / statistics over “feel”. The Phillies pulled Wheeler too early last night as well. For that matter, Roberts of the Dodgers contributed to some recent World Series melt-downs by committing to an inflexible reliever strategy. On the other hand, the Mets got sentimental a few years ago and left their man in too long and lost to a Royals comeback. Second guessing is part of the game - happy to see Baker finally overcome 2002. Singer/songwriter Dan Bern has written a large number of perceptive baseball songs over the years, including one all about the agony of watching that Game Six.

Jeff, I'll have to check Dan Bern out. So next year it's 15 seconds between pitches and 20 if they're runners on base?  It seems a bit extreme. i did about 20 regular season timings this year and it came to over 30 seconds average! But when does the clock start? When the batter steps back to the plate? What time constraints does the batter have? What is the penalty for exceeding the limit, a called ball? Ok the first article below covers that in detail.

No shift--- that's ok with me, but won't some fielders shift right after the ball is released?

No 7 inning doubleheaders-- Of course that's fine with me.

Designated hitter in National League-- Good move because of Charley Finley

26 to 28 man roster- of course, they use so many pitchers now.

But I had also heard this week on the radio that pitchers would face a 3 batter minimum, also no automatic runner on second in extra innings games. If so, good riddance! i hated that! But I don't see it listed in either of the articles below.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2022/09/09/mlb-new-rule-changes-explained-2023-season-pace-of

https://www.si.com/mlb/2022/09/09/mlb-new-rule-changes-explained-2023-season-pace-of

Edited by Kirk Gallaway