The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

On 1/22/2023 at 11:53 AM, Matt Allison said:

A search of all ex-Presidents and Congress-people's homes would no doubt reveal classified  materials.

A mindboggling percentage of gov paper is stamped classified.

And a mere 48 hrs later...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mike-pence-classified-documents_n_63d01488e4b01a436389d9c4

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

From the lead New York Times article just now that says the issue is so complicated in public opinion that prosecution of Trump is not likely.

WASHINGTON — F.B.I. agents are rummaging through President Biden’s private home. Republicans are on the attack. Democrats are reluctant to defend him. Lawyers are being hired. Witnesses are being interviewed. The press secretary is being pelted with questions she cannot or will not answer.

But amid the familiar soundtrack of scandal in Washington, the most significant cost to the president may be the opportunity cost: Even if nothing comes of the new special counsel investigation into his team’s mishandling of classified documents, politically it has effectively let former President Donald J. Trump off the hook for hoarding secret papers.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

On 1/23/2023 at 9:56 PM, Matt Allison said:

I certainly would.

I have him on ignore, but is there any question at all that Matthew Koch is anything but a cancer on this forum?

Every day the forum is littered with people having to correct his infantile MAGA garbage.

That's a bit rich, to put it mildly, coming from you, Matt.

On 1/23/2023 at 9:49 AM, Chris Barnard said:

How does plagiarism sit with your definition, Sandy? That at least to me, doesn’t sit well with my value set or make Biden likeable. 

That Biden plagiarized in some speeches 35 years ago has no effect on my assessment of his character. Other than telling me that he's the type of guy who corrects his mistake. Which is yet another feather in his cap.

33 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

ты говоришь по-русски, Джон? Или просто распространять свою пропаганду?

There you go again.

I think the moderators need to explain at this stage why they’ve apparently done nothing about your persistent denigration of your opponents, despite your being reported for such behaviour.

Qui potest et debet vetare, jubet (He who can and ought to forbid, and does not, commands.)

31 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:
34 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

That's a bit rich, to put it mildly, coming from you, Matt.

ты говоришь по-русски, Джон? Или просто распространять свою пропаганду?

"Do you speak Russian, John? Or just spread your propaganda?"

:)

20 minutes ago, Jake Hammond said:

I honestly can't believe I've come back on here after a year off and you guys are still on about Trump. Having a Trump hate thread really devalues the forum. It's 2023 lads, he hasn't been in office for 3 years . 

Trump hasn't been prosecuted for his crimes yet. Though I have little hope that he will be... It takes only one MAGA member to hang a jury.

2 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

"Do you speak Russian, John? Or just spread your propaganda?"

:)

Do you think it's acceptable, Sandy, for Matt Allison to persistently accuse me of being a Russian shill ("persistently" being a key word here)?

6 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

I think the moderators need to explain at this stage why they’ve apparently done nothing about your persistent denigration of your opponents, despite your being reported for such behaviour.

John,

I speak only for myself, not any of the other moderators, when I say this. I consider this thread to be the water cooler of the forum where the members can stand around and shoot the breeze. Because of that, I am more lenient on the ad hominem stuff here.

If you report someone on another thread, it will taken more seriously. Especially if the offense is made by the person being insulted.

3 minutes ago, Jake Hammond said:

I honestly can't believe I've come back on here after a year off and you guys are still on about Trump. Having a Trump hate thread really devalues the forum. It's 2023 lads, he hasn't been in office for 3 years . 

Yes, fortunately, Donald Trump, hasn't been in office for two years now, Jake.  (Not three.  2023-2021= 2.)

The bad news is that he also hasn't been in jail.

Something is terribly wrong with our justice system in the U.S. if wealthy felonious skunks like Trump can accept massive bribes (foreign and domestic) while serving in public office, and even attempt to overturn U.S. elections with impunity.

14 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

There you go again, indeed.

Who exactly do you think are my "opponents"? Spell it out.

I guess it's unfortunate that my use of wit in reply to your ad hom was so triggering.

I'm not triggered, Matt, because it's not my problem. It's your problem and the forum's problem.

When you persistently use ad hominems to denigrate your opponents, you're admitting that you haven't got substantive arguments. When the moderators acquiesce in such behaviour, that's a problem for the forum.

14 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

Do you think it's acceptable, Sandy, for Matt Allison to persistently accuse me of being a Russian shill ("persistently" being a key word here)?

It would be unacceptable on any other thread. He would definitely be  penalized if it were on any other thread and you reported it yourself. (If it were reported by a third party, a few more forum violations might have to occur before he is penalized.)