The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

It must be something in the water here.  🤥

I just read Colorado astrophysicist Phillip Stahl's Brane Space blog entry for today.

It's about the Bill Barr/Durham "investigation."

Durham's Sham Trial & The WSJ Trolls Cheering Him On As They Lie About The "Russia Hoax"

https://brane-space.blogspot.com/2022/05/durhams-sham-trial-wsj-trolls-cheering.html

May 16, 2022

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

14 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

It must be something in the water here.  🤥

I just read Colorado astrophysicist Phillip Stahl's Brane Space blog entry for today.

It's about the Bill Barr/Durham "investigation."

Durham's Sham Trial & The WSJ Trolls Cheering Him On As They Lie About The "Russia Hoax"

https://brane-space.blogspot.com/2022/05/durhams-sham-trial-wsj-trolls-cheering.html

May 16, 2022

If Durham cannot prove his case against Sussman, then Sussman should be regarded as innocent, plain and simple. 

I regard everyone as innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.

Headlines, shrill op-eds, committee reports, commission reports are a few rungs lower than I like to go when assessing guilt or innocence. 

That includes Trump, or Hunter Biden, or Carter Page or Joe Regular Smith.  

Brane Space seems to think the case against Sussman is weak. If so, likely Durham will fail in court, and deservedly so. 

Assuming guilt until someone is proved innocent...a very slippery slope. 

This is a totally random off topic question, but Ben do you live in Thailand? If so, is it as beautiful as depicted in travel brochures? Lush with beautiful beaches? What are the downsides of living there? I have never traveled outside the United States, and am always curious about other countries.

10 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

This is a totally random off topic question, but Ben do you live in Thailand? If so, is it as beautiful as depicted in travel brochures? Lush with beautiful beaches? What are the downsides of living there? I have never traveled outside the United States, and am always curious about other countries.

Matt--

Well, for 10 years, quite by chance, and always in rural Thailand I have lived.  So my experience is limited, a little bit like a guy who moves to Oklahoma or Missouri, and then someone asks him, "What is the US like?"

1. It is very hot and humid nine months of the year. Very.

2. Thai people are friendly, and crime is not a problem. You can park your scooter with the keys in.

3. There are nice beaches, and beach towns. Coconut and banana trees, yes. 

4. The Thai language is a secret that only Thais can decipher.

5. A great deal of informality in everything. If you want to build a house on your land, you do, and that's that. No forms, regulations, or even blueprints. 

6. Wifi service is OK. Phone service good. Medical services good. 

7. I can never be a Thai citizen or own land. 

If I had to do it over again, I would recommend the Philippine highlands. Weather is cooler, a lot of people speak English, and the people are also friendly. Same lower living costs, same informality.

I prefer living in Thailand to the US.  

If you are on a pension, you might give serious thought to the Philippine highlands. 

Wifi really eases the burden of isolation. You can talk to anyone anywhere in the world. Send pix, etc. Youtube for free movies, EF for endless arguments. 

Excerpt from article in today's NY Times:

A virus that shows no signs of disappearing, variants that are adept at dodging the body’s defenses, and waves of infections two, maybe three times a year — this may be the future of Covid-19, some scientists now fear.

The central problem is that the coronavirus has become more adept at reinfecting people. Already, those infected with the first Omicron variant are reporting second infections with the newer versions of the variant — BA.2 or BA2.12.1 in the United States, or BA.4 and BA.5 in South Africa.

Those people may go on to have third or fourth infections, even within this year, researchers said in interviews. And some small fraction may have symptoms that persist for months or years, a condition known as long Covid.

“It seems likely to me that that’s going to sort of be a long-term pattern,” said Juliet Pulliam, an epidemiologist at Stellenbosch University in South Africa.

12 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Excerpt from article in today's NY Times:

A virus that shows no signs of disappearing, variants that are adept at dodging the body’s defenses, and waves of infections two, maybe three times a year — this may be the future of Covid-19, some scientists now fear.

The central problem is that the coronavirus has become more adept at reinfecting people. Already, those infected with the first Omicron variant are reporting second infections with the newer versions of the variant — BA.2 or BA2.12.1 in the United States, or BA.4 and BA.5 in South Africa.

Those people may go on to have third or fourth infections, even within this year, researchers said in interviews. And some small fraction may have symptoms that persist for months or years, a condition known as long Covid.

“It seems likely to me that that’s going to sort of be a long-term pattern,” said Juliet Pulliam, an epidemiologist at Stellenbosch University in South Africa.

Just in the last week one of my best friends called and said his entire family tested positive for Covid 19 and they were in quarantine for 7 days. They had all their shots up until a year ago.

Then yesterday my nephew called with the same news. I was with my nephew and his family for 2 days just 3 days ago.

Am taking a home test today.

It's everywhere and everyone is getting it.

Dear Gad!

Doug Caddy...I remember you mentioning in one of your past postings that Nixon told Robert ? ( or it was in some type of letter? Way back in the 1970's? ) that the 2020's were going to be ominously challenging to the entire world?

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

They had all their shots up until a year ago.

Joe, a year ago 90% of those who consented to take shot only had one shot.

The only people who had 2 shots were in the super high risk category who were eligible to get their shot in January. And I suppose a very small number of those got their second shot as early as mid May.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

6 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Joe, a year ago 90% of those who consented to take shot only had one shot.

90%?

I would have thought that 60% had the first two like we did...and even the booster later. Again, like we did.

And BTW, I was so sick after the booster I couldn't believe it. Lasted for 3 or 4 days!

Edited by Joe Bauer

So you got your first shot in January? I thought you said you hesitated at the time.  I didn't push it. I felt in good health and I waited my turn and got my first shot in early March, and then in July I had my second. it's not like people were rushing to get double vaccinated a year ago.All the health officials were just trying to get as many as they could to just take the vaccine.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

Just in the last week one of my best friends called and said his entire family tested positive for Covid 19 and they were in quarantine for 7 days. They had all their shots up until a year ago.

Then yesterday my nephew called with the same news. I was with my nephew and his family for 2 days just 3 days ago.

Am taking a home test today.

It's everywhere and everyone is getting it.

Dear Gad!

Doug Caddy...I remember you mentioning in one of your past postings that Nixon told Robert ? ( or it was in some type of letter? Way back in the 1970's? ) that the 2020's were going to be ominously challenging to the entire world?

I just got my second booster. Was fatigued for a day afterward. 

Joe: Nixon, who had a relationship with the Alien Presence for two decades, told Robert Merritt in July 1972 that the year 2020 would be cataclysmic not only for America but for the whole world. So the Alien Presence might have initiated Covid-19 as part of its ultimate plan for full disclosure, which has to occur before climate change becomes an extinguish event for Planet Earth. 

I've had 4 shots; I got an exceedingly mild case of Omicron a few weeks back. Got it from my daughter where it had been going around her school. A headache and needing to sleep all weekend were the symptoms.

Quite honestly reminded me of a hangover from back in the day when I still consumed alcohol.