The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

On 10/2/2022 at 12:34 PM, Matthew Koch said:

I'm Catholic so I find your Jesus comment rude.

Belatedly getting back to you on this, because I quit reading your posts.

If you find it rude you can attribute "orange jesus" to a member of the Republican Congress in a "cloakroom" who was heard and then quoted by Liz Chaney.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

48 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

We may soon know if we are a banana republic.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/04/politics/trump-supreme-court-mar-a-lago-appeal/index.html

If the SCOTUS gets involved and backs Trump, it's just a matter of time.

If it goes my way it's Okay, if it goes Trumps way it means ________"

Everything you just said is a Logical fallacy FYI. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_motive
Btw, I don't care if someone who blasphemes the Lord "Doesn't read my posts" you've already shown yourself to not being intellectually honest. How's that BlueAnon KoolAid? Richard

Edited by Matthew Koch
added an n, changed show to shown

1 hour ago, Richard Price said:

We may soon know if we are a banana republic.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/04/politics/trump-supreme-court-mar-a-lago-appeal/index.html

If the SCOTUS gets involved and backs Trump, it's just a matter of time.

Richard,

I'll be truly shocked if Clarence Thomas and the SCOTUS overturn the unanimous 11th Circuit Appeals ruling on the Mar-a-Lago documents.

But, then again, I was truly shocked when they overturned Roe v. Wade.

4 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

I'll be truly shocked if Clarence Thomas and the SCOTUS overturn the unanimous 11th Circuit Appeals ruling on the Mar-a-Lago documents.

William, I too don't think that will be the outcome either.  They could and absolutely should simply deny hearing the request.  If they do not, it starts to get dicey.  I'm just not sure there is any morality, true judgement or patriotism by those on the right who will not condemn the cult of Trump.  I am not a lawyer or legal scholar, but I don't believe there is any legal grounds for the things Trump is claiming.  It's like the burglar who stole all your possessions and then claims they are his when he is caught and sues to get them back.

1 hour ago, Matthew Koch said:

Btw, I don't care if someone who blasphemes the Lord "Doesn't read my posts" you've already shown yourself to not being intellectually honest.

Matthew, I read and I comprehend what I read or if not, I ask for clarification.  You evidently skim/speed read, otherwise you would have seen where the quote used in my previous post came from.  I will now put you on ignore and no longer read any of your posts as you're obviosly not here for anything of value - only to bloviate.  Adios!

Just in case you have any problem deciphering what that means:

blo·vi·ate
/ˈblōvēˌāt/

verb
informalUS
verb: bloviate; 3rd person present: bloviates; past tense: bloviated; past participle: bloviated; gerund or present participle: bloviating
  1. talk at length, especially in an inflated or empty way.

37 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

Matthew, I read and I comprehend what I read or if not, I ask for clarification.  You evidently skim/speed read, otherwise you would have seen where the quote used in my previous post came from. 

" If you find it rude you can attribute "orange jesus" to a member of the Republican Congress in a "cloakroom" who was heard and then quoted by Liz Chaney."  This is not a Quote Richard this is called hear say

8 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

Are you suggesting that the Columbia University economist fell for more Russian fake news like the AP is implying?

Russians push baseless theory blaming US for burst pipeline

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-nato-united-states-baltic-sea-b837ae25021807a3caef4aa3043a8013

“It was a deliberate act of sabotage. And now the Russians are pumping out disinformation and lies,” Biden said. “... When things calm down, we’re going to send the divers down to find out exactly what happened. We don’t know that yet exactly. But just don’t listen to what Putin’s saying. What he’s saying we know is not true.”The assertions of U.S. responsibility cite Biden’s threat in February to stop the recently completed Nord Stream 2 pipeline if Russia invaded Ukraine. “If Russia invades ... then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2,” Biden said. “We will bring an end to it.”

Interesting.

One possibility is that the pipe-bombing was a rogue CIA action. Biden is in the dark. Wouldn't be the first rogue action undertaken by the CIA.

Biden's stalling about when to send divers down is...odd. Why wait? And does anyone trust a US-only investigation? 

In fact, Biden alluded to wiping out the pipelines. 

Interesting. 

U.S. military says it killed al-Shabaab leader in Somali air strike

BOSASO, Somalia, Oct 3 (Reuters) - The U.S. military said it killed a leader of the Islamist militant al-Shabaab group with an air strike in Somalia over the weekend, while the insurgents claimed responsibility for a new attack.

Somalia's government said the leader was one of the co-founders of the al-Qaeda linked movement that has killed tens of thousands of people in bombings since 2006.

It named him as Abdullahi Nadir, al-Shabaab's chief prosecutor, who it said had been in line to replace the group's ailing leader, Ahmed Diriye. There was no immediate comment on the strike from al-Shabaab.

---30---

5 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ben said:
Biden/NATO are flatfooted? Seems so. No new plans, no initiatives, no means to deliver some real losses to Russians. 

Biden may not be a Putin-stooge, but the results are the same.
But the US invents reasons to not enforce a No Fly Zone in Ukraine, bowing to Putin threats.

I happen to be hawkish on Ukraine, and would prefer going to No Fly Zones.
I now advocate a No Fly Zone for Ukraine, and possibly even NATO boots on the ground. 
Times change and so yes, I have moved to a more-hawkish position on Ukraine.

It's your sheer repetition  Ben. This is probably the 4th time you've mentioned Shumer's comment over the last year. And then the Biden fist bump 5 times, then the Democrats love Bush probably 3 times, even though  you know we hate him. Then probably a dozen times that Liz Cheney is a Democrat favorite, when you know the only reason is that the Democrats approve of her courage for standing for democracy, when you hated her before she was on any committee for no other reason than she stood up to Trump after 1/6. But the truth is, if you were here, you and her would have identically voted for Trump in 2020. We were  well aware of her Father at least 30 years before you even got here!

Re: Shumer It's really just a general common sense warning a parent may give a child. It's like warning Roger Stone that it isn't wise for him to shred on twitter the judge who was presiding over his trial.

Kirk--

There is a reason to be concerned about the Schumer (spelled with the "c") comment (which caused chortling among Donks). 

The ACLU spells it out: 

President-elect Donald Trump’s criticism of the intelligence community over its reports of Russian hacking during the 2016 election has generated a lot of commentary over what is being described as a “feud” between Trump and the intelligence agencies.

Beyond all of the questions about the Russians, their relationship with Trump, their role in the election, etc., there is another element of this story that is also raising very frightening questions about the state of our democracy.

An example of what I’m talking about emerged when Senate Democratic leader Charles Schumer was asked by Rachel Maddow about Trump’s spurning of the agencies’ findings. Trump is “taking these shots, this antagonism, this taunting to the intelligence community,” Maddow pointed out. The response by Schumer—who has been in Congress since 1980, and in the Senate leadership for ten years, and presumably knows his way around Washington—should send a chill through the heart of every American:

Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you. So, even for a practical, supposedly hard-nosed businessman, he’s being really dumb to do this.

Some may argue that Trump is not serving his country well by not giving more respect to the intelligence community. But whether or not that is true, if it’s really the case that dissing the intelligence community might result in retaliation by that community against a politician, then the lines of power in our political system have become dangerously distorted.

It’s not clear what the “six ways from Sunday” are that Schumer has in mind. Presumably they could range from antagonistic leaks, to concrete actions overseas to undermine a president’s foreign policy, to darker forms of sabotage and blackmail. 

---30---

https://www.aclu.org/news/national-security/do-us-politicians-need-fear-our-intelligence

You should have ire at Schumer and Maddow for finding it so delicious that the CIA is going to put the long knives into Trump. Try reading the whole ACLU post.

Ponder "blackmail" and "sabotage." There are reasons to ponder whether Trump's peace initiative to North Korea was, in fact, sabotaged. 

Me? I am a nobody. Why are you ranting away at me? 

Keep you eye on the ball. What have we learned from the JFKA, and the role of media and the Deep State? 

BTW, here is that Schumer quote again: 

Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you. So, even for a practical, supposedly hard-nosed businessman, he’s being really dumb to do this.

---30---

That's a real knee-slapper, no? 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Interesting.

One possibility is that the pipe-bombing was a rogue CIA action. Biden is in the dark. Wouldn't be the first rogue action undertaken by the CIA.

Biden's stalling about when to send divers down is...odd. Why wait? And does anyone trust a US-only investigation? 

In fact, Biden alluded to wiping out the pipelines. 

Interesting. 

Hey, anybody know Greta Thunberg's whereabouts when those helicopters where seen? JK 

I mean.. I take it all with a grain of salt. But, I admit,  I do kinda take it for granted that it is some form of Western Intelligence, they do kinda all work together; MI6, CIA, Mossad, etc. so that's why I kinda take it for granted that it's Western Intelligence trying to trigger the NATO Clause.
But, I will say I don't think Biden is totally running the show. But that clip of Biden when you re watch, and hear it and how he says it, seems like after the fact. That kinda implies "We will stop it any way"  and blowing it up while Russia is blowing stuff up seems kinda obvious, lol. The dudes brain isn't fully functioning so he might have accidentally said more than he should have.. IDK 
This isn't the first time for him. Whether it's a mistake or a Fraudian Slip, it seems a little more like a Freudian slip ; ) 

Edited by Matthew Koch
Changed period to a comma and lowercased the next letter

3 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Hey, anybody know Greta Thunberg's whereabouts when those helicopters where seen? JK 

I mean.. I take it all with a grain of salt. But, I admit,  I do kinda take it for granted that it is some form of Western Intelligence, they do kinda all work together; MI6, CIA, Mossad, etc. so that's why I kinda take it for granted that it's Western Intelligence trying to trigger the NATO Clause.
But, I will say I don't think Biden is totally running the show. But that clip of Biden when you re watch, and hear it and how he says. It seems like after the fact that kinda implies "We will stop it any way"  and blowing it up while Russia is blowing stuff up seems kinda obvious, lol. The dudes brain isn't fully functioning so he might have accidentally said more than he should have.. IDK 
This isn't the first time for him. Whether it's a mistake or a Fraudian Slip, it seems a little more like a Freudian slip ; ) 

In any US presidency, there are areas in which the chief executive might not be calling the shots, or even clued in---a testament to the power of the intel state, aka shadow government, aka Deep State.  

Covert CIA ops give any President "plausible deniability."

Was Biden kept in the loop? Who knows? 

It is legitimate to be concerned that intel ops may broaden the war. I support aggressively evicting Putin's forces from Ukraine, but an armistice might make sense.

Should the Biden Administration make clear what are US goals in this war? The US public never found out what were the war goals in Iraq or Afghanistan. 

Are there elements in the US government who favor a Ukraine stalemate, a protracted and expensive war? Is Biden beholden to these elements? If not beholden can he control such elements? 

Has the Ukraine war become a covert regime-change op?

These are legitimate questions to ask. Asking such questions does not make one a Putin stooge, or mark a change from previous positions. 

I regard Putin as a war criminal. He started a volitional war. 

23 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I regard Putin as a war criminal. He started a volitional war. 

I don't see him as a war criminal. (Zelensky could have avoided this) But he's definitely been involved in Russia with war criminal level stuff. Especially in his rise to power. Remember how Dubya and him used to be bros? He did Chechnya and Bush did Iraq. Then Vladimir had to start out gaming Obama and now we have this conflict from that foreign policey....
I see the Ukraine conflict very similarly to what Dave Smith is saying in the is clip, which if you follow him is basically him repeating his buddy Scott Horton. 

Edited by Matthew Koch
Changed the to that