• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

On 10/29/2022 at 8:36 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

I lived in Berkeley for four years a very long time ago, and back then every nutcase in the country showed up, including a robust contingent of anarchists who often spouted internally inconsistent diatribes against everything. 

Oh, that was you... Hi Ben, long time no viddy droogie!  

As I tried to explain to you at the time (in the 80’s amirite?) much confusion arises from the contradictory definitions of “anarchy” and “anarchism.”

anarchy
ăn′ər-kē  noun

1. Absence of any form of political authority.

2. Political disorder and confusion.

3. Absence of any cohesive principle, such as a common standard or purpose.

anarchism
ăn′ər-kĭz″əm  noun
1. The theory or doctrine that all forms of government are oppressive and undesirable and should be abolished.

2. Active resistance and terrorism against the state, as used by some anarchists.

3. Rejection of all forms of coercive control and authority.  </q>

In practice, Anarchism is non-coercive cooperation within a collective composed of equal individuals pursuing the same goal without anyone acting as the “leader” — the opposite of “Anarchy” 3rd definition.

Here’s an example:

https://924-gilman.tumblr.com

The 924 Project was founded by the very authoritarian Tim Yohannon, but after he left it was run by an all-volunteer collective.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/924_Gilman_Street

I’m amused by the right-wing trope that someone leading a “hippie” lifestyle could NOT be MAGA.

Hippies — anti-establishment 

MAGA — anti-establishment

Not too hard to figure out, is it?

Edited by Cliff Varnell
Added the crucial NOT

13 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Putin is looking worse day by day. 

One way to ensure the Ukrainians never quit is to bomb them. 

Ben sounds like your only getting your info on Ukraine from the M$M, trying checking out Redacted they're better on foreign events and Crystal and Saagar IMO. As they mentioned in their segment if you view this conflict as Putin invaded Ukraine for no reason you are probably getting your information from Western backed MSM because as they mention; the conflict started in 2014 Putin's invasion was done because Ukraine was going to launch a major attack on Donesk Dombas region. At this point in the fight the fighter needs his corner to throw in the towel, NATO is managing the proxy war so it's "If Ukraine Dies, they die" 

13 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Bievenidos Cliff!, mi bahia norte compadre!

So you actually know Ben from years ago? hooo boy!

Now Putin has actually stooped to buying arms from Iran? Wow pretty impressive!

I guess that's why Trump destroyed Obama's peace initiative with Iran.  hmmm

aD9iciNmTEwDG-dtVs0jigMabpFr5Xvg2fBQ0pRc

Is this a screenshot from another of your cowboy movies, Kirk? 😜

20 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Bievenidos Cliff!, mi bahia norte compadre!

So you actually know Ben from years ago? hooo boy!

Naw...just having fun.  He’s right about Berkeley, I want to emphasize what he said.  A friend of mine from the Berkeley punk rock heydays went QAnon around 2019 — she’s half-Black, half-Jewish and full Trumper.  People change, it happens.  So those claiming that a guy like DePape couldn’t possibly be QAnon don’t know what they’re talking about and could do everyone a favor and stfu.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Giuliani attempt to dismiss defamation suit by Georgia election workers is denied

The judge ruled that two election workers had presented enough evidence to justify a case against the former mayor.

By Kyle Cheney 11/01/2022

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/01/giuliani-defamation-georgia-election-workers-00064418

“A federal judge has rejected Rudy Giuliani’s effort to dismiss a lawsuit brought by two Georgia election workers who he falsely accused of election fraud — stoking a furor that led to threats and harassment against both women.

U.S. District Court Chief Judge Beryl Howell ruled in a 27-page opinion that the case brought by both the mother-daughter duo — Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss — was enough to justify advancing their lawsuit against Giuliani and presented “ample circumstantial evidence of a civil conspiracy between Giuliani and members of the Trump Campaign.””

“Howell noted that Giuliani oversaw the creation and implementation of the “strategic plan” to sow doubt about the election results and encourage states to override the results to certify Trump as the winner. Included in that plan was a specific reference to Freeman that falsely suggested she had been arrested in connection with the fraud allegations.

“[T]hese allegations at least plausibly suggest that Giuliani fabricated Freeman’s arrest and criminal record out of whole cloth,” Howell wrote.”

From the Judge’s Opinion:

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/show_public_doc?2021cv3354-31

A reasonable jury could accordingly infer that
(1) Giuliani, Trump, and the “[k]ey [t]eam [m]embers” listed in the Strategic Plan (2) created a plan to sow doubt in the outcome of the 2020 election by

(3) launching a misinformation campaign, which included accusing Freeman, Moss, and others of participating in schemes of electoral fraud, and

(4) injuring plaintiffs in the process.7

Plaintiffs have pled a plausible civil conspiracy.

Steve Thomas

On 10/31/2022 at 11:11 AM, Chris Barnard said:

In sense of accuracy, Charlie is sort of wrong here. Recife has always been dangerous, Natal was safe-ish (where I lived), Fortaleza somewhere inbetween. Its gone badly downhill since 2008 when I left, I am pretty shocked by the data. Rio De Janeiro and Sao Paulo (Lives in both also) were very dangerous and they seem to have improved a lot. We all know Lula and Roussef’s past, Bolsonaro has said some unpalatable stuff.
This is a globalist win in Brazil. It’ll get worse. What a shame, such a wonderful country. 😞 

Meanwhile in Brazil.. 

28 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Meanwhile in Brazil.. 

i thought I heard he had agreed to transition. The Brazilian constitution is interesting though, I saw the list of options earlier. 

3 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

i thought I heard he had agreed to transition. The Brazilian constitution is interesting though, I saw the list of options earlier. 

I read a tweet that said he agreed to follow the Constitution but that he didn't say he conceded yet. The people I live around are extremely anti communist so I imagine the people freaking out are freaking out over Lula being a commie.. 

2 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

The claim that Zelensky conducted genocide in the Donbas prior to Putin’s invasion is a lie.

https://www.promoteukraine.org/un-releases-data-on-donbas-war-casualties/amp/

Emphasis added:

The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights unveiled the data on Donbas war casualties from 14 April 2014 to 30 June 2021.

“The total number of casualties related to the conflict in Ukraine is 42,500-44,500 people,” the Office said in response to an information inquiry from Radio Liberty.

The casualties are categorised as follows:

13,200–13,400 people killed (at least 3,901 civilians, about 4,200 Ukrainian servicepersons, and about 5,800 Russian-backed militants)

29,600–33,600 people wounded (7,000–9,000 civilians, 9,800–10,800 members of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, and 12,800–13,800 occupiers)

In general, over the years of the war, civilians have accounted for 25-26% of the killed and wounded.

The UN also notes that this ratio has changed significantly over the years: from 33-34% in 2014 to 4-5% in 2019-2021.

As a reminder, the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights reported 42,000-44,000 casualties in Donbas for the period from 14 April 2014 to 10 February 2020.

</q>

3 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

I read a tweet that said he agreed to follow the Constitution but that he didn't say he conceded yet. The people I live around are extremely anti communist so I imagine the people freaking out are freaking out over Lula being a commie.. 

Lula is just a crook, like Rouseff. Both been to jail haven’t they?

37 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

The claim that Zelensky conducted genocide in the Donbas prior to Putin’s invasion is a lie.

Emphasis added:

</q>

The Azov Nazis are real, I'm not going to let you peddle White Supremest Propaganda on this scholarly forum Cliff. The Buffalo mass shooter wore their black sun emblem on his kit when he murdered those black people and mentioned the Azov battalion in his manifesto. https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/azov-insignia-bearing-teen-carries-out-streams-mass-shooting They're also funded by the CIA coincidence, I bet not! 
https://www.facebook.com/IndiaToday/videos/azov-battalion-openly-flaunts-poopoo-insignia/538011857503831/

46 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Emphasis added:

In general, over the years of the war, civilians have accounted for 25-26% of the killed and wounded.

The UN also notes that this ratio has changed significantly over the years: from 33-34% in 2014 to 4-5% in 2019-2021.

As a reminder, the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights reported 42,000-44,000 casualties in Donbas for the period from 14 April 2014 to 10 February 2020.

</q>

Sorry, I don't recall using the word genocide. Can you point me to where that is said in the video? These numbers justify Russia, kinda humorous you included it.

Seems like Russia is trying to end the war and NATO is allied in making it worse. They're willing to blow up pipelines and use dirty bombs. That war should have been settled through negotiations but Zelensky is a puppet for NATO they want the proxy war. It would have been cheaper for America to just give Ukraine it's base in Afghanistan with everything at this point. What a waste and it's driving up inflation. But that's okay because it's not Orange man doing it, this is fine! 

15 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

The Azov Nazis are real, I'm not going to let you peddle White Supremest Propaganda on this scholarly forum Cliff.

I think the folks reading this thread can see I didn’t say anything about Azov.

The Buffalo mass shooter wore their black sun emblem on his kit when he murdered those black people and mentioned the Azov battalion in his manifesto. https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/azov-insignia-bearing-teen-carries-out-streams-mass-shooting They're also funded by the CIA coincidence, I bet not! 
https://www.facebook.com/IndiaToday/videos/azov-battalion-openly-flaunts-poopoo-insignia/538011857503831/

Sorry, I don't recall using the word genocide. Can you point me to where that is said in the video? 

They quoted, without attribution, Lula denouncing Zelensky’s genocide in the Donbas.

Are you so suffused with confirmation bias you can’t follow your own cite?

These numbers justify Russia, kinda humorous you included it.

It shows civilian casualties greatly reduced under Zelensky.

Seems like Russia is trying to end the war and NATO is allied in making it worse. They're willing to blow up pipelines and use dirty bombs. That war should have been settled through negotiations but Zelensky is a puppet for NATO they want the proxy war. It would have been cheaper for America to just give Ukraine it's base in Afghanistan with everything at this point. What a waste and it's driving up inflation. But that's okay because it's not Orange man doing it, this is fine!

So said the “reluctant fan” of Putin’s mass slaughter.

Edited by Cliff Varnell