The Education Forum

Parkland Hospital Nurse Phyllis Hall Claims She Saw A Bullet Next To JFK's Neck On The Cart.

Joe Bauer

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

On 9/6/2020 at 2:38 AM, Greg Doudna said:

Joe, the bullet "pointed at its tip and showed no signs of damage" that Nurse Phyllis Hall says she saw "lodged between [JFK's] ear and his shoulder" is from here: https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jfk-mystery-bullet-lodged-body-nurse-article-1.1512283 or https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/nurse-phyllis-hall-tells-efforts-2713685.

A pointy-headed bullet? 

Is that not what O.P. Wright described to Tink Thompson? 

Maybe this nurse should be given the benefit of the doubt. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of the Parkland witnesses were asked by the WC to name the other staff members they remembered being in the room that day.  Most of them only recalled a few names, although we know there were many doctors and nurses in the room. I don't think we can infer too much from Hall not being remembered in WC testimony.

I have wondered how nurse Hall could see a bullet when 20+ staff described their observation of the wound and recalled no copper colored object.  Well, many said blood and brain matter was  ejected with each compression of the chest from heart message.  The area behind the ear must have been a mess of blood and brain matter.  It also must have been a dynamic situation inwhich each pulse of extruding brain and blood matter may have changed what was visible from moment to moment. I wonder if she saw a 3cm long bullet or just the rear end of something copper colored? I consider it possible that she did see a bullet or a fragment.

The most consistent accounts place the wound in the occipital parietal area as did Phyllis Hall. With 20+ witnesses repeating their stories many times over decades we have to expect some contradictory testimony from those witnesses. But even if we toss out half of them for sometimes minor inconsistencies, the weight of the Parkland testimony cannot be explained away.

For decades skeptics have pushed the absurd narrative that the Parkland doctors were so busy trying to save JFK that they never got a good look at the big hole in his head.  Or they saw it but somehow they all got it wrong.  Even considering the contradictions to be found around the edges of their accounts, there is no plausible explanation for the overwhelming consistency of the Parkland testimony. The skeptics explanations amount to a shakey house of cards,, imo.

15 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Another Parkland nurse observed a bullet on the gurney. Here is the post from a few years ago concerning Sharon Thuoy.

Wow!

She confirms several of Nurse Hall's observations.

One being Dr. Carrico did the initial Trach incision on JFK.

Not Dr. Malcolm Perry. Perry inserted the breathing tube.

She described JFK's head wound in the same area as Hall.

She helped remove JFK's shirt. Nurses do that, not the doctors who have scrubbed up and only tend to the body injuries.

She said she was in ( or at least near ) trauma room 1 for approximately 20 minutes.

However, she stated she twice left the trauma room to take a vial of JFK's blood to the person who would test it for blood type.

Her first vial was thrown out because it had no name on it. She went back to Trauma room 1 and acquired a new vile with Kennedy's name on it which was accepted for testing.

There was so much comings and goings in that small and packed trauma room and everyone was in shock/immediate need mental state, of course most wouldn't think to identify who was in there and/or clearly remember such.

Nurse Hall stated she was pressed up against a wall much of her time in the room.

Nurse Theoy ( only a student nurse ) would not be easily identified. 

What is clear is that both nurses were in trauma room 1 while JFK was being treated in it. How long and in what capacity is hard to access except for their own subjective accounts.

Nurse Theoy saw a bullet on a gurney one floor up from the trauma room 1 floor. The gurney had bloody sheets on it. Theoy was careful to state the gurney could have been used for any number of other medical emergency situations at that time.

If it was a gurney used for JFK or Connally, the question is how did it get up to the second floor.

However, after ER work on Connally he was transported up a floor to the surgery room, correct?

Theoy had a very interesting post Parkland hospital career path. She joins the Army. Incredibly traveled worldwide. After her Army stint she worked for the state department. 

She works in Thailand, Cambodia, Viet Nam, La Paz Bolivia, ( PEKING? ) Washington DC. Fort Belvoir in Fairfax, Virginia?

Not your typical nurse career for sure.

Nurse Theoy seemed very intelligent sounding in this interview, clear headed and honest in her recollecting memory sharing.

So, we have now two eyewitness accounts of bullets seen by two nurses in that half hour of JFK treatment in the Parkland ER.

Nurse Hall says she saw one next to JFK's head and neck area or maybe lodged in the wound area? Nurse Theoy sees one on a gurney just outside the elevator on the floor just above the ER area floor.

Edited by Joe Bauer

On 9/1/2020 at 5:47 PM, Joe Bauer said:

Micah, do you believe this former Parkland Nurse regards her account of seeing a bullet on JFK's stretcher? If so why? If not why?

Aha! The fog clears. Someone had said it was another nurse who'd said she saw a bullet. I'd remembered that nurse as saying she saw the bullet in the hall, not Trauma Room One. Now it turns out that further "corroboration" for Landis comes from Hall? Give me a break.

Hall is perhaps the least credible "witness" to emerge in decades. By her own admission, she was not an ER nurse and had no business in the ER. She just sauntered in, saw stuff, and sauntered out, only to emerge right before the 50th and revel in all the attention. It's bs. 

I reported on all the books, articles, movies and TV shows regarding the 50th anniversary in a blog on my website entitled The Onslaught. Here are four sections in which Hall is mentioned. 

November 3: an article appears in The Telegraph, in which four witnesses of the events of 11-22-63 are interviewed. Two of these witnesses, James Tague and former Parkland nurse Phyllis Hall, admit they believe there was a conspiracy to kill Kennedy. What? Never heard of Hall? Here's her story:

“Phyllis Hall, a nurse in the outpatient clinic who happened to be talking with a friend who worked on the triage desk in the emergency ward, was about to be swept up in the whirlwind of history. 'The supervisor said there had been a call to say there was an accident in the president’s motorcade,' she said. The words were hardly out of her mouth when the doors burst open. 'Among the first in was Lyndon Johnson, the vice president, who was very pale and sweating heavily. Then I heard the groans of someone calling out in grave pain. It was Governor John Connally, who was seriously injured in the attack. Then they carried in a second stretcher. I could just see a man from his waist down as there was a lady lying across his head and shoulders. A doctor told me: 'We need you here.’ We were whisked into the Trauma One room, where it was immediately clear that this was President Kennedy. I started to feel for his vital signs. I couldn’t find any, there was no pulse. His eyelids were half-closed, his pupils were fixed and dilated, and his skin was blueish-grey, indicating that no oxygen was circulating.' As the doctors worked frantically to resuscitate their patient, Mrs Kennedy stood next to her husband, her right hand on his left foot. 'We were desperately searching for any sign of life, but there was nothing,” said Hall. “The treatment the president received that day was outstanding but futile. I believe he was dead when he arrived at the hospital.' At 1 pm, Kemp Clark, a senior surgeon, pronounced the president dead. Mrs Kennedy did not flinch. 'There was no response,' said Hall. 'I have never seen anyone in such profound shock in my life. She had the same blank look on her face. She just looked down and stared blankly.'”

November 10: the Daily Mail runs an article on Phyllis Hall, the woman claiming to have been one of Kennedy's nurses previously discussed in an article in The Telegraph. It begins:

"A nurse who was part of desperate attempts to save the life of President John F Kennedy after he was assassinated has claimed he was shot by a 'mystery bullet'.

Phyllis Hall, who was 28 at the time, says she was dragged into the operating room by a secret service agent as medics scrambled to help the president, who was fatally shot in Dallas, Texas on 22 November 1963.

While cradling his head, which had been torn apart by gunshots fired from the famous 'grassy knoll', Mrs Hall says she spotted an unusual bullet, which was promptly removed and never seen again.

She described the bullet in an interview with the Sunday Mirror which she said looked completely undamaged, and bore no resemblance whatsoever to bullets later shown as evidence in investigations into the President's murder.

She said: 'I could see a bullet lodged between his ear and his shoulder. It was pointed at its tip and showed no signs of damage. There was no blunting of the bullet or scarring around the shell from where it had been fired.

'I’d had a great deal of experience working with gunshot wounds but I had never seen anything like this before. It was about one-and-a-half inches long – nothing like the bullets that were later produced.

'It was taken away but never have I seen it presented in evidence or heard what happened to it. It remains a mystery.'

Mrs Hall, who had six years of nursing experience at the time, says she was caught up in the effort to save the President by accident, as she had been visiting a friend who worked on another ward.

She described the chaos as Mr Kennedy's entourage burst through the doors, and recalled clearly the vacant expression of First Lady Jackie Kennedy.

Mrs Kennedy reportedly gripped the President's right foot as surgeons wages a losing battle to save him.

Mrs Hall, now 78, says she offered her condolences after a neurosurgeon pronounced Mr Kennedy dead after a 43-minute struggle by as many as 20 staff. However, she says the shocked First Lady simply stared into the distance.

As her shift didn't finish until the evening, Mrs Hall continued working for hours after the President was declared dead, and didn't even tell her husband what she had witnessed.

However, in recent interviews she revealed that she is 'a big believer in the conspiracy theories' surrounding the Mr Kennedy's death."

Well, this is the kind of stuff the lone-nuts love to complain about. There is no support offered in the Warren Commission's files indicating that Phyllis Hall was ever in Trauma Room One. There is no support offered from anyone known to have been working at Parkland in 1963 that she was anywhere near the emergency room. And yet, she gets quoted in a prominent paper/news website, and tells a crazy story that has no support whatsoever from anyone known to have been at Parkland. That she's lying is supported, moreover, by her claiming she was visiting someone on another ward, and didn't tell her husband what she'd witnessed. In the words of the Church Lady on Saturday Night Live: "Now, ain't that convenient!" It's also intriguing that Ms. Hall is totally unknown in the States, but is suddenly a celebrity in England.

November 17: The Los Angeles Times runs an article on three witnesses to the events of 11-22-63. Tina Towner says nothing of substance as to conspiracy or no conspiracy. Pierce Allman says he feels guilt because if he'd looked up and saw Oswald in the sniper's nest window he could have stopped Oswald at the doorway and stopped him from killing Tippit. And then there's Phyllis Hall, who I feel fairly certain is a fake. Her story this time around:

"Suddenly, Hall saw a man carrying a long gun approach. FBI, police and Secret Service agents were everywhere, and many were armed. "He put his hand on my back and said, 'We need you back here,' and directed her to Trauma Room No. 1, she said. The small room was filled with so many doctors, nurses and others that at one point Hall was forced against a wall. Kennedy's face was deep blue around the eyes, and she could see a bullet hole near his Adam's apple. Hall checked for a pulse but didn't feel one. She watched as doctors performed a tracheotomy through the president's neck wound. Hall saw Jackie Kennedy standing nearby, her pink Chanel suit spattered with her husband's brain matter. A doctor lifted the president's hair to reveal the gaping wound. 'Jackie just stood at the foot of the carriage with her hand on his foot,' Hall said. 'She was in such deep shock, she was just staring at his face. At some point the supervisor came in and asked if she would like a chair out in the hallway and she said no, she was going to stay with him. We all wanted to do whatever we could, but there was nothing we could do.' Dr. William Kemp Clark, who to Hall looked like an old schoolmaster with beady eyes behind small glasses, pronounced Kennedy dead at 1 p.m. 'Call it,' the doctor said and then strode out past Jackie Kennedy, barely stopping as he said, 'Madam, your husband is dead.' Hall approached the first lady and said, "I am so sorry for your loss," but Kennedy just stared straight ahead and didn't seem to hear."

Well, my God! This woman's story is so obviously false. There is no record of her being in the room. And here she is changing her story from being asked into the room by a doctor to being forced into the room at gunpoint. She says she took the vitals. She says she spoke to Mrs. Kennedy afterward. Horse feathers! More telling than that, though, is the L.A. Times' leaving out a key feature of Hall's story--the wound's being on the back of Kennedy's head!

November 17: The Smithsonian Channel follows up Kennedy's Suicide Bomber with The Day Kennedy Died. While I miss its first showing, I check to see if it's up on youtube, and find some promo videos for the program. One of them races around an animated Dealey Plaza pointing out various conspiracy theories and the snipers and smoke supposedly seen in the Plaza. After awhile, it runs out of easy targets and starts throwing out facts that aren't theories at all, such as Kennedy's brain being missing, or the hole on his clothes being too low to support the single-bullet theory. It then zooms in on the sniper's nest and has three shots fired in six seconds. The net effect is an insult to the research community. The description of this video, furthermore, reads: "Conspiracies surrounding the assassination of JFK have proliferated in the 50 years since his death, but in the end, only one lone gunman fired the shots that would change history." My God! Could they be more insulting? I mean, who was behind this show? Credible researchers? Some punk kids? Certainly not anyone who knows anything more than what they've read in Posner or Bugliosi...

I later read a review of this program in The Telegraph, in which it mentions both that the "the documentary sensibly navigated us away from conspiracy theories" and that its use of witnesses Buell Frazier, Clint Hill, and Robert McClelland was a "coup." This makes me a bit sick. This implies that these witnesses were once again used as window-dressing to push something none of them believe. Frazier, after all, insists Oswald didn't bring the rifle with him to work that morning. Hill, after all, disputes the single-bullet theory. McClelland, after all, claims he saw a big hole on the back of Kennedy's head, and that the fatal shot came from the front. Do the creators of these programs have no shame?

I finally get to see the program on December 15, and discover it's not as bad as I feared. Not as bad, but still pretty bad. As but one example of its subtle but ever-present badness, the program repeats what has now become the standard trick, and has Buell Frazier describe Oswald bringing a package of curtain rods into the building on the morning of the shooting. It never lets on that Frazier has always insisted that the package was far too small to hold the assassination rifle. No, Oswald's guilt is not to be doubted. Not in this program. At another point, the narrator, Kevin Spacey, describes Oswald shooting Officer Tippit, (as opposed to someone shooting Tippit, whom witnesses would later identify as Oswald).

The program is not without its surprises, however. It doesn't show Oswald firing the shots. It doesn't say that Oswald was a complete nut who woke up one day and decided to kill the President, nor that Jack Ruby so loved Mrs. Kennedy he couldn't help but kill Oswald, or any similar nonsense. No, it tells its story mostly through witnesses. It has Ruth Paine relate how horrified she was when she saw an empty blanket in her garage that had at one point held Oswald's rifle. She relates that she knew then that Oswald had killed the President. It later has Detective Jim Leavelle, who'd interrogated Oswald in connection to the Tippit murder, admit that Oswald was actually a "pleasant individual." Of course, he then turns around and says Oswald enjoyed all the attention he received at the police station, seeing as "he wanted to make a name for himself and he knew he was making it." Leavelle then repeats the untrue fact that when Oswald held up his handcuffs for the press to see he'd been arrested, he was making an "iron-fisted salute for Russia" with a "pleased expression on his face." (The footage and photos, of course, show no such pleased expression, but a look of wordless protest, as if to say "I can't believe this is happening.") A bit later, Buell Frazier is brought on to talk about his own problems with the Dallas Police, who suspected him of being a co-conspirator with Oswald. There is no mention, of course, that Frazier told the Dallas Police the bag he saw Oswald carry towards the building that morning was too small to hold the rifle found in the building, and that he passed a lie detector test when he said so. While discussing Oswald's time at the police station, moreover, Kevin Spacey tells us that Oswald's palm print was found on the rifle. Uhhh...this is misleading. The Dallas Crime Lab never conducted a thorough comparison of the lift supposedly taken from the rifle with Oswald's prints until asked to do so by the Warren Commission, months later. Spacey then discusses the autopsy, and says "the autopsy concludes that two bullets struck the president; one passed through his back and exited through his throat; the fatal shot hit the back of his skull, and exploded his brain." Uhhh...this is also misleading. We don't really know what the autopsy concluded, because Dr. Humes changed his conclusion the next day after discovering that the tracheotomy incision had obscured a bullet wound. And notice how the program's creators play it safe, and fail to let Spacey tell the viewers WHERE the bullet hit Kennedy in the back of the head? Well, it seems more than a coincidence that this allowed them to avoid the strange circumstance that the bullet entrance observed and described at autopsy was subsequently "moved" four inches by a secret government panel. This would not make for nice, safe, Oswald-did-it-and-we-can-now-go-back-to-sleep, entertainment, after all. The program then concludes with Ruth Paine, Clint Hill, Buell Frazier, and PHYLLIS HALL (yes, here she is again) talking about the traumatic effect the assassination had on their lives.

Edited by Pat Speer

11 minutes ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Nurse Sharon Thuoy is the other nurse who said she observed a bullet on JFK's gurney. There is a separate thread from 2020 on hert which I bumped. Will she get pooh-poohed as well?

She said she saw the bullet in the hall. It does not confirm Landis. It doesn't discredit him either, seeing as someone may have moved the bullet from Trauma Room One to the stretcher in the hall. Hall, strangely enough considering her name, is another story. We have no reason to believe anything she's said. 

Pat, acknowledging you are 1,000 times more thoroughly researched than me, I would still like to present some countering thoughts as to why I feel Nurse Hall shouldn't be marginalized as much as you believe she should be.

Ms. Hall had "6 years" of ER nursing experience before she left that intense and often odd hours duty to better accommodate her role as a mother to her 3 young children.

Her outpatient registration duties were surely less demanding in stress and motherly availability home time than her ER ones.

So, she was extremely experienced, qualified and knowledgeable about ER nursing procedures and responsibilities.

JFK ER attending Nurse Diana Bowron was only 22, just out of nursing school training in England and had been at Parkland only "3 months" prior to 11,22,1963.

ER nurse supervisor Doris Nelson had been in her supervisor position for only 1 and 1/2 years.

And 6 year Parkland ER experienced nurse Hall obviously didn't feel out of place being in or right next to the ER Trauma Room 1 except perhaps being in the way of an unprecedented chaotic crowding and coming and going. It is certain everyone was bumping into each other in that frantic scene and small room.

Hall's descriptions of JFK's color, eye closure and fixed state reflected her many years of hands-on ER emergency experience. The woman knew what she was talking about. She knew physical death attributes when she saw them.

And Hall obviously had seen many ER patients with gunshot injuries, including in the head. How could she not with 6 years of full-time big city hospital duty there? Her descriptions of JFK's head wounds were based on lots of experienced observation.

And Hall stated she was mostly pressed ( "plastered" ) against a wall during the JFK treatment event.

That sounds like a very honest claim to me in that it was a modest admission of "mere presence", not an exaggerated attention seeking claim of her doing something more heroic in the treatment actions.

And in the two videos of Hall's recollections I have viewed she never mentioned any doctor cradling of JFK's head and showing her the head wound up close.

Hall knew every doctor in that room. How could she not after 8 years of Parkland employment and 6 years of working alongside most of them in emergency response situations?

Hall mentions Doctor Carrico doing the initial trach. 

How could she know this if she wasn't in the room when he did this?

Student nurse Theoy also stated Carrico doing this.

It is doubtful Hall and Theoy colluded on this observation. As the outpatient registrar I wouldn't think she would know a 22 year old student nurse that well.

Halls testimony is that she took a short break from her outpatient duties as things were very slow due to most of the city's population out watching the motorcade.

So, she visits her friend at the Triage desk.

She obviously knew many fellow employees after 8 years.

As she is standing there near the ER entrance hall doorway, it burst open and she sees Cabell and his wife, LBJ and others.

Hall never said she was "grabbed" by some scary worked up government agent in the interviews I have seen. Outside of stating this man was armed with a big rifle, it didn't sound to me as if Hall was trying to exaggerate that scene beyond what anyone would expect it to be...frantic and yelling of course.

She did say he said forcefully we need you to help us NOW!

She does just that in the process of helping to get the two wounded men on stretchers into the trauma rooms.

She knows what to do. She doesn't claim to do anything more dramatic than some basic stretcher transport procedures.

Student nurse Theoy on the other hand claimed to have actually drawn a vial of JFK's blood ( twice ) and running these to a testing tech. First one tossed due to it not being labeled with the patient's name.

What's a "student nurse" doing in this Earth shaking life and death ER room situation jammed packed with the hospitals top surgeons?

Where was ER nurse supervisor Doris Nelson? 

Hall's recollections about Jackie in the ER room matches Theoy's.

Not embellished any more than to say Jackie just stood at the foot of the treatment table in complete and silent shock. And how she felt great empathy for her.

Enough so that after emotionless looking and acting Dr. Kemp Clark just abruptly declared JFK deceased, he then walks by Jackie K. and with out even looking at Jackie K. coldly says just 5 words..."Madame, your husband is dead" and then walks out of the room.

Nurse Hall claimed she then expressed at least the minimum empathy words of "I'm sorry for your loss" to Jackie K. to which JK responded with no words and just kept staring off into space with the most profound look of shock Hall had ever seen.

Sorry, but Hall's ER presence recollection story makes too much common life experience sense to me for it to be a made up one.

Especially considering her years of solid work performance experience of working at Parkland and with 6 years right inside their ER department.

And as far as corroboration, would it have been too hard to find Hall's ER Triage desk friend to verify her story?

Edited by Joe Bauer

7 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Pat, acknowledging you are 1,000 times more thoroughly researched than me, I would still like to present some countering thoughts as to why I feel Nurse Hall shouldn't be marginalized as much as you believe she should be.

This nurse had "6 years" of ER experience before she left that intense and often odd hours duty to better accommodate her role as a mother to her young children.

Her outpatient registration duties were surely less demanding in stress and motherly availability than her ER ones.

So, she was extremely qualified and knowledgeable about ER nursing procedures and responsibilities.

And she obviously didn't feel out of place being in the ER Trauma Room 1 except perhaps being in the way of an unprecedented chaotic crowding and coming and going. It is certain everyone was bumping into each other in that frantic scene and small room.

Hall's descriptions of JFK's color, eye closure and fixed state reflected her many years of hands-on ER emergency experience. The woman knew what she was talking about. She knew physical death attributes when she saw them.

And Hall obviously had seen many ER patients with gunshot injuries, including in the head. How could she not with 6 years of full-time big city hospital duty there? Her descriptions of JFK's head wounds were based on lots of experienced observation.

And Hall stated she was mostly pressed against a wall in the room? That sounds like a very honest claim to me. In that she would only leave that position if she was asked to do so. It also is the opposite of a claim of heroic right next to the body action of doing things like tending to JFK's wounds. It was a modest admission, not an attention seeking exaggerated one.

And in the two videos of Hall's recollections I have viewed she never mentioned any doctor cradling of JFK's head and showing her the head wound up close.

Hall knew every doctor in that room. How could she not after 8 years of Parkland employment and 6 years of working alongside most of them in emergency response situations?

Hall mentions Doctor Carrico doing the initial trach. 

How could she know this if she wasn't in the room when he did this?

Student nurse Theoy also stated Carrico doing this.

It is doubtful Hall and Theoy colluded on this observation. As the outpatient registrar I wouldn't think she would know a student nurse that well.

Halls testimony is that she took a short break from her outpatient duties as things were very slow due to most of the cities population out watching the motorcade.

So, she visits her friend at the Triage desk.

She obviously knew many fellow employees after 8 years.

As she is standing there near the ER entrance hall doorway, it burst open and she sees Cabell and his wife, LBJ and others.

Hall never said she was "grabbed" by some scary worked up government agent in the interviews I have seen. Outside of stating this man was armed with a big rifle, it didn't sound to me as if Hall was trying to exaggerate that scene beyond what anyone would expect it to be...frantic and yelling of course.

She did say he said forcefully we need you to help us NOW!

She does just that in the process of helping to get the two wounded men on stretchers into the trauma rooms.

She knows what to do. She doesn't claim to do anything more dramatic than some basic procedures.

Student nurse Theoy on the other hand claimed to have actually drawn a vial of JFK's blood ( twice ) and running these to a testing tech.

What's a "student nurse" doing in this Earth shaking life and death ER room situation jammed packed with the hospitals top surgeons?

Where was ER nurse supervisor Doris Nelson? The top nurse in the whole hospital?

Hall's recollections about Jackie in the ER room matches Theoy's.

Not embellished any more than to say Jackie just stood at the foot of the treatment table in complete and silent shock. And how she felt great empathy for her.

Enough so that after emotionless looking and acting Dr. Kemp Clark just abruptly declared JFK deceased, he then walks by Jackie K. and coldly says just 5 words..."Madame, your husband is dead" and then walks out of the room.

Nurse Hall claimed she then expressed at least the minimum empathy words of "I'm sorry for your loss" to Jackie K. to which JK responded with no words and just kept staring off into space with the most profound look of shock Hall had ever seen.

Sorry, but Hall's ER presence recollection story makes too much common life experience sense to me for it to see it as a made up one.

Especially considering her years of solid work performance experience of working at Parkland and with 6 years right inside their ER department.

And as far as corroboration, would it have been too hard to find Hall's ER Triage desk friend to verify her story?

And as far as Nurse Hall sharing her 11,22,1963 story with others I tried to put myself in her shoes.

She witnesses something more shocking than anything she has ever seen.

Even after 6 years of ER work which surely included many brutal scenes of injury and death.

The "President of the United States" laying bloody, brutally savaged and dead right in front of her and the First Lady looking so crushingly traumatized it was ghostly.

She still must go back and stay on her shift until 8:PM that night.

She comes home emotionally shaken and drained and must tend to her 3 young children.

She obviously doesn't want to show too much anxious emotion for their sake.

And what does she say to her husband after the kids are in bed?

If it were me...it would be impossible to come up with anything but the most shocking general feelings and thoughts. 

Details would be held back. She needed to process the once in a lifetime experience in her own mind.

And she had to get on with her own young caring children life and her job.

I would imagine that she also knew she shouldn't talk about what she had witnessed. Especially to the press. And she probably felt she shouldn't gossip about the event with family and friends as well.

Hall was raised in a small 1400 population farming town. Good family. Midwestern working class upbringing? Church goers probably?

So called conservative values type person.

She never tries to seek public attention to her story and herself until 50 years later when she agrees to be interviewed by the 6th Floor historical group.

It's not like she sought out the Oprah, Phil Donahue or Jerry Springer TV shows or 60 MINUTES.

She never wrote a book or even wrote an article for a national magazine publication.

And she even was honest enough to admit she went with her husband to Jack Ruby's Carousel Club to watch the famous Stripper "Candy Barr" whom she described as "beautiful!"

You Go Girl!

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

And as far as Nurse Hall sharing her 11,22,1963 story with others I tried to put myself in her shoes.

She witnesses something more shocking than anything she has ever seen.

Even after 6 years of ER work which surely included many brutal scenes of injury and death.

The "President of the United States" laying bloody, brutally savaged and dead right in front of her and the First Lady looking so crushingly traumatized it was ghostly.

She still must go back and stay on her shift until 8:PM that night.

She comes home emotionally shaken and drained and must tend to her 3 young children.

She obviously doesn't want to show too much angst for their sake.

And what does she say to her husband after the kids are in bed?

If it were me...it would be impossible to come up with anything but the most shocking general feelings and thoughts. 

Details would be held back. She needed to process the once in a lifetime experience in her own mind.

And she had to get on with her own young children life and her job.

I would imagine that she knew she shouldn't talk about what she had witnessed. Especially to the press. And she probably felt she shouldn't gossip about the event with family and friends as well.

Hall was raised in a small 1400 population farming town. Good family. Midwestern working class upbringing? Church goers probably?

So called conservative values type person.

She never tries to seek public attention to her story and herself until 50 years later when she agrees to be interviewed by the 6th Floor historical group.

It's not like she sought out the Oprah, Phil Donahue or Jerry Springer TV shows or 60 MINUTES.

She never wrote a book or even wrote an article for a national magazine publication.

And she even was honest enough to admit she went with her husband to Jack Ruby's Carousel Club to watch the famous Stripper "Candy Barr" whom she described as "beautiful!"

You Go Girl!

A couple of points.

1. All the details offered up by Hall that conform to the official record were well-known and published prior to her ever coming forward. 

2. I'm fairly certain all the televised interviews you mention appeared AFTER the 50th anniversary, where she appeared out of nowhere to be included in a number of articles and on a number of programs. How did this happen? Did she join this forum? Did she ask to speak at Lancer? No, she went straight for the main stream media and they gobbled her up without double-checking anything she said with those who might know better.

It's just nard to see her as anything more than an attention-seeker.

3 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

A couple of points.

1. All the details offered up by Hall that conform to the official record were well-known and published prior to her ever coming forward. 

2. I'm fairly certain all the televised interviews you mention appeared AFTER the 50th anniversary, where she appeared out of nowhere to be included in a number of articles and on a number of programs. How did this happen? Did she join this forum? Did she ask to speak at Lancer? No, she went straight for the main stream media and they gobbled her up without double-checking anything she said with those who might know better.

It's just nard to see her as anything more than an attention-seeker.

Maybe. But a person can seek attention and tell the truth at the same time. 

13 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Maybe. But a person can seek attention and tell the truth at the same time. 

But her story makes no sense. I have spent a lot of time in hospitals, and my family is largely nurses and bio-med techs. Nurses don't just throw themselves into emergency situations unless no one else is there or they were asked to do so. That's someone else's job. It would be like a coach going out to hit in the bottom of the ninth. It could happen. But someone would notice. Nowhere in her statements does she mention what would be the one thing that could give her credibility--that another nurse or doctor asked her what she was doing there and that she said she was told to help... and that they then told her to go away. 

There's an old expression--extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. And yet when it comes to the JFK case, we have numerous people making extraordinary claims with no proof at all. And getting accepted anyway just because their claim is something people want to believe. We see this on both sides of the conspiracy/no conspiracy divide. A few years back an old SS agent came forward and said something about Oswald's address book--that there was a kill list in it or something like that. Some LNs jumped right on it. But most LNs and CTs alike dismissed his claims as nonsense. Audrey Bell's claims about JFK's wounds and Hall's claims about everything should similarly be dismissed, IMO. But not Landis. He has mentioned seeing a fragment for 40 years. So it seems he saw something, and that his story/memory changed over time. 

30 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

But her story makes no sense. I have spent a lot of time in hospitals, and my family is largely nurses and bio-med techs. Nurses don't just throw themselves into emergency situations unless no one else is there or they were asked to do so. That's someone else's job. It would be like a coach going out to hit in the bottom of the ninth. It could happen. But someone would notice. Nowhere in her statements does she mention what would be the one thing that could give her credibility--that another nurse or doctor asked her what she was doing there and that she said she was told to help... and that they then told her to go away. 

There's an old expression--extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. And yet when it comes to the JFK case, we have numerous people making extraordinary claims with no proof at all. And getting accepted anyway just because their claim is something people want to believe. We see this on both sides of the conspiracy/no conspiracy divide. A few years back an old SS agent came forward and said something about Oswald's address book--that there was a kill list in it or something like that. Some LNs jumped right on it. But most LNs and CTs alike dismissed his claims as nonsense. Audrey Bell's claims about JFK's wounds and Hall's claims about everything should similarly be dismissed, IMO. But not Landis. He has mentioned seeing a fragment for 40 years. So it seems he saw something, and that his story/memory changed over time. 

OK. I am not well versed in Hall, or hospital procedures. 

But why would Hall specifically mention a pointy-head bullet? I guess you could say she read some literature, and then worked from that. 

I will be the first to concede human behavior is often inexplicable. Hall may have internal demons at play, as many of us do. 

Anybody who even briefly worked around courts knows that witness statements are not reliable, even when earnest. 

Still...why did Hall mention a pointy-headed bullet? 

And I wish someone would ask Landis if the bullet he says he found was a pointy-head bullet. 

Nurse Phyliss Hall didn't have to find corroborating witnesses to her presence in the ER area or actually in the Trauma Room 1 where she helped take JFK's stretcher into.

Since she never went public with her story, she wasn't confronted by critics and doubters who demanded she provide such.

When she did allow herself to be interviewed decades later, I would think she might have provided the name of her friend who worked at the Triage station.

Then again, maybe her Triage friend passed away years ago?

Or maybe her friend asked not to be identified?

I wouldn't expect any of the doctors in that room to have identified "any" of the nurses present.

They were 100% mentally engaged ( and in at least some level of shock) in trying to save the life of the savagely injured President of the United States!

So, in that frame of reference you wouldn't expect any of the doctors and other specialists in that packed and harried ER room to be able to say who was or "was not" in that room as far as nurses go.

And when the JFK security entourage team arrived at the ER parking space they were all in super hyped-up anxiety mode. They still didn't know how threatening the situation was or could be.

And when they burst onto the scene and through the doors of the ER department, they were surely just yelling for any personnel they could find to help them get JFK and Connally into treatment. 

Nurse Hall was standing right there in front of them (in uniform ) when they barged in.

Of course they demanded she help them in their frantic efforts.

Nurse Hall described how sorry she felt for Jackie K. And she even described the coldness of Dr. Kemp Clark ( she knew him from her years of employment at Parkland ) and how it was upsetting for her to witness Jackie Kennedy being so coldly treated by Clark upon his declaration of her husband's death unless she witnessed it herself...in the room.

I don't see how Nurse Hall could describe that scene as detailed as she did without others who were there countering her story if it wasn't true.

Others proven to be in the Trauma Room 1 during the JFK treatment could easily have debunked Hall's observation of both Dr. Kemp Clark, his final words to Jackie K. and Jackie K.'s stunned silence response.

I wonder if any Warren Commission witnesses described the scene in Trauma Room 1 with a very different take versus Hall's?

# - three Parkland nurses did testify to the Warren Commission.

Nurse Diana Bowron was in Trauma Room 1 assisting the doctors and did testify to the Warren Commission. Only 22 years of age she had just been hired 3 months previously.

Nurse Ruth Jeanette Standridge ( head ER nurse on the floor ) was always in Trauma Room 2 with Governor Connally the entire treatment time until he was taken upstairs to the OR.

Nurse Standridge was never in Trauma Room 1.

Does anyone believe that 22 year old, 3 month experience Diana Bowron was the only nurse to go into Trauma Room 1 during JFK's presence there?

ER Nurse supervisor Doris Nelson was in both Trauma rooms to help set them up for the arrivals of JC and JFK.

She was outside Trauma Room 1 and related Jackie Kennedy's sitting in the hall but then walking into the Trauma room to stand at her husband's foot.

Doris Nelson gave a written statement for the record regards her actions and observations that day and the following two days.

Some interesting points:

She revealed there were other nurses and orderlies present in the ER area and even in Trauma Room 1 as she mentioned she ordered them to clean up the room after JFK was removed from it.

She also states she instructed the entire ER nursing staff to not discuss the doings of that day in any way to the press.

Hence, Phyllis Hall would have certainly known about this order as well.

Doris Nelson statement:

ACTIVITIES OF DORIS NELSON, R.N., BEGINNING 12:00 NOON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 1963.

"At approximately 12 ;00 Noon I returned from lunch, and proceeded to check the various areas in the Emergency Room, At approximately 12:33 P.M.  I answered the phone which was ringing in the Major Surgery Nurses' Station. Mrs. Bartlett, the telephone operator, informed me that the President had been shot, and was being brought to the hospital. I told her to "stop kidding me". She said "I am not . I have the police dispatcher on the line ."  I thanked her and immediately hung up the phone. I asked Dr . Dulaney, the Surgery Resident, to come to Trauma Room # 1, and that I wished to talk with him because I did not wish to alert everyone which might have caused general pandemonium in the Emergency Room. I informed Mrs. ( head nurse ) Standridge, and she told me that Room # 1 was set up so I proceeded into Room # 2, and had opened one bottle of Ringer's Lactate when I heard someone call for carriages . Seconds later, Governor Connally was brought into Room # 2. I opened his shirt and saw that he had received a gunshot wound of the chest. Mrs. Standridge was in the room assisting the doctor so as I walked out of the room to check on the President, he was wheeled into Trauma Room # 1.

I checked in the room to determine what type of injury he had sustained and was asked by the Secret Service to screen all personnel at the doorway leading to the trauma rooms. In the meantime, I answered the phone in the Surgery Nurses' Station and Dr . Baxter was on the line . He asked what we wanted. I told him that the President had been shot, and he said "Yes - what else is new?" I said ; "Get down here", and he said ; "I'm on my way." I stood at the doorway with a city policeman and secret service agent, and screened each doctor that went into the area . I offered to get Mrs. Kennedy, who was sitting outside of Trauma Room # 1, a towel, and asked her if she would like to remove her gloves which were saturated with blood. She said  "No thank you, I'm alright."

On one occasion she got up, and went into the room the President was in. I went in and asked her if she had rather wait outside and she said "no." 

One of the Secret Service men said to let her stay in the room. She came out shortly thereafter. Several White House aides and secretaries came in and embraced Mrs. Kennedy, and I believe Mrs. Lyndon Johnson was among them. Dr. Kemp Clark arrived. The cardio-verter was carried into the room, and Dr . Jenkins from Anesthesia came with an anesthesia cart . Shortly after Dr . Clark arrived, two priests arrived, and gave the President last rites.

Dr. Clark came out of the room and talked briefly with Mrs. Kennedy . Then the priest came out, and I talked with the First Lady also. I was informed by Dr . Clark of the President's expiration.

Part 2.

"The President's doctor informed me that arrangements had been made to obtain a casket for the body . Shortly afterwards Mr. O'Neal of the O'Neal Ambulance Company arrived with a bronze casket. Miss Hinchliffe came out, and asked for some plastic to put inside the casket . I sent Mrs. Hutton to the 2nd floor to obtain a plastic mattress cover. I went in Trauma Room # 1 to determine that all was in order while Mrs. Ellis stood in the doorway. I asked David Sanders to assist "the nurses" in preparing the President's body before placing it in the casket. I instructed "the nurses and attendants" to clean up the room and mop the floor .

After Mr. O'Neal, and some of the boys who work with him, (only one of whose name I knew - Audrey Riker) placed the President in the casket and closed it.

Mrs. Kennedy went in and sat in a chair beside it leaning her head on the casket.

At approximately 2 :10 P.M the President's body was taken out of the Emergency Room. Mrs. Kennedy was walking beside it . All of the secret service agents left the area.

Shortly after they left, Nurse Miss Bowron informed me that she took the President's watch off so the doctor could start an intravenous and that she placed the watch in her pocket and did not think of it until everyone had left.

She went out front to find someone and saw Mr. Wright so she gave the watch to him.

I gave a blue coat containing a white envelope labeled "cash" found, and a card with the name "Clint Hill" to one of the secret service men. ( Clint Hill's coat? )

When the presidential staff left Mr. Price obtained coffee for us, and we went into my office, drank about two sips, smoked about two puffs from a cigarette. Then I made rounds and informed the registration desk that we were seeing all patients. Mrs. Wright came down shortly after that and I reviewed with her briefly the past experience.

I went to coffee with Mrs. Berger. Then I went to the Nursing Service Office and was told that all supervisors were to attend a meeting in Miss Beck's office at 3:30 P.M.

I returned to the Emergency Room and asked all personnel on the 7-3 :30 shift to report to my office.  Mr. Geilich came in my office while I was talking to them "I asked them not to discuss the past events with anyone" and if any of the nurses were approached by a member of the press that they were to obtain administrative approval before saying anything. I went back upstairs to the Nursing Service Office to attend the meeting. After the meeting, I returned to the Emergency Room, made rounds, and left at approximately 5 :00 P.M . 5 :30 - 10 :00 P.M. ...

Certainly there were more nurses in the ER Trauma Room area than just Nelson, Standridge and Bowron. Even if they were just there in case they were needed.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Joe Bauer changed the title to Parkland Hospital Nurse Phyllis Hall Claims She Saw A Bullet Next To JFK's Neck On The Cart.

Just read the Warren Commission testimony of the three main nurses present when JFK was brought to and treated in the ER Trauma Room 1 at Parkland that day.

Doris Nelson supervisor of the ER nursing department.

Not present in Trauma Room 1 that much according to her testimony.

Nurse Diana Bowron, 22 year old nurse from England who just starting working at Parkland in August of 1963.

Ruth Jeanette Standridge. Head nurse of the ER department.

Their combined testimonies are interesting.

Don't have time right now to copy and past the main points of their testimonies.

In one statement however, one of the nurses was asked if any other nurses came into the ER rooms or area.  She didn't think so but wasn't absolutely sure. 

One thing that stood out was Standridge's recollection of her cutting the clothes off of JFK ( his shirt ) just as he was brought in.

Earlier in this thread, nurse Thuoy claimed she did this task. Nurse Standridge never mentioned nurse Thuoy even being in the room. Some discrepancy there for sure.

Nurse Bowron stated that doctors eventually wheeled Connally out of the ER room and into the elevator down the hall to take Connally to the OR on the second floor.

She described Connally's stretcher as a typical one. She said when he was wheeled down to the elevator he was covered by a sheet and had one underneath him as well.

He was heavily bleeding the entire time.

I believe that once the doctors got Connally off that stretcher and onto an operating table, someone removed the stretcher out of the OR and placed it in the hall outside. And for sure, the blood stained sheets Connally was covered by on his way to the OR were left on the removed stretcher.

That is the stretcher the so-called "Magic Bullet" was found on.

Can't imagine another bloody sheet stretcher being left in that outside hall OR location just after Connally was taken there.

Edited by Joe Bauer