The Education Forum

gramma.cu claims coup attempt by Generals Lemay and Lemnitzer to unseat JFK.

According to John Newman, after Kennedy turned down Northwoods, Lemnitzer brought up simply a naked invasion of Cuba.

According to John, Lemnitzer actually argued this point face to face with Kennedy and it got really heated.  Kennedy would not relent.

After this, JFK decided to fire Lemnitzer, but instead ended up rotating him out to NATO.

This may have ended up being a mistake, since now the guy had access to the whole Gladio project.

Edited by James DiEugenio

What makes the above even more interesting is this.

When Ford put together the Rockefeller Commission, he was asked why he appointed so many conservatives to man it.  Ford said, well, we have to sidestep certain things.  When he was asked, like what?  He blurted out, "Like assassinations!"

Lemnitzer was one of the appointees.

5 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

According to John Newman, after Kennedy turned down Northwoods, Lemnitzer brought up simply a naked invasion of Cuba.

According to John, Lemnitzer actually argued this point face to face with Kennedy and it got really heated.  Kennedy would not relent.

After this, JFK decided to fire Lemnitzer, but instead ended up rotating him out to NATO.

This may have ended up being a mistake, since now the guy had access to the whole Gladio project.

Where is he best place or book to read about Gladio? Thanks

Rob Couteau said the Daniel Ganser book is pretty good. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

Thanks Anthony.

49 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

What makes the above even more interesting is this.

When Ford put together the Rockefeller Commission, he was asked why he appointed so many conservatives to man it.  Ford said, well, we have to sidestep certain things.  When he was asked, like what?  He blurted out, "Like assassinations!"

Lemnitzer was one of the appointees.

Thanks James, I am trying to find the sourcing from Granna - "The New York Times published the information that Kennedy had ordered FBI agents to secure the offices of the Pentagon military chiefs."

Have you heard of this?

No Keyvan, I have not seen that one.

The Granma article Keyvan cites claims that Curtis LeMay was covertly aboard AF-1 with Johnson and Kennedy's body, and that the suppressed. recently revealed radio transmissions to AF-1 mentioning LeMay were plotter attempts to contact LeMay from DC.  Es verdad?

http://www.granma.cu/idiomas/ingles/international-i/18oct-KENNEDY.html

I have a hard time buying that for a lot of different reasons.

What is his evidence for that?

Just now, James DiEugenio said:

I have a hard time buying that for a lot of different reasons.

What is his evidence for that?

Nada.  See the article.

Granma, named for the small boat that took Fidel back to Cuba, is

OFFICIAL VOICE OF THE COMMUNIST
PARTY OF CUBA CENTRAL COMMITTEE

http://en.granma.cu/

Órgano oficial del Comité Central del Partido Comunista de Cuba.