The Education Forum

New Documents article in Epoch Times

I helped this guy write this article on the Biden release of documents last month. 

I realized that technically some of these were not new, they had just been rereleased with some redactions removed.

But I knew the raw info in them would be new to the public.

One that interested me was that Edgar Stern worked for the CIA in the fifties.  Did not know that.  I also just found out he was on the Board of Governors of the ITM when it was first set up.  This helps explain why he and his wife were such big backers of Shaw after he was indicted. They let Sheridan use WDSU as the base for this hatchet job on Garrison.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/jfk-assassination-whats-in-the-newest-batch-of-declassified-documents_4194651.html

I don't understand why people like or read The Epoch Times.  They are an extreme Right-wing group of grifters who are extremely loyal to Trump.

Some background on them.   They were the largest pro-Trump spender on Facebook.  Segment from The Rachel Maddow show, from August 21, 2019.  

The Epoch Times and the ridiculous One America News Network are both owned and operated by Herring Networks. When Rachel Maddow explained how OANN is literally Russian propaganda they sued, and lost.  In fact the judge ordered them to pay for Maddow's fees in defending herself.    

John Oliver on OANN.  

I don't think we need them.  

16 hours ago, Joseph Backes said:

I don't understand why people like or read The Epoch Times.  They are an extreme Right-wing group of grifters who are extremely loyal to Trump.

Some background on them.   They were the largest pro-Trump spender on Facebook.  Segment from The Rachel Maddow show, from August 21, 2019.  

The Epoch Times and the ridiculous One America News Network are both owned and operated by Herring Networks. When Rachel Maddow explained how OANN is literally Russian propaganda they sued, and lost.  In fact the judge ordered them to pay for Maddow's fees in defending herself.    

John Oliver on OANN.  

I don't think we need them.  

Joseph B.-

You may be right regarding The Epoch Times. But curiously, the right-wing, and libertarians today are more accepting of the true JFKA story than left-wing pubs.

In addition, such publications of The Daily Kos, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast have been co-opted by the national security state. 

The WaPo recently ran a hit piece on JFK:Revisited authored by Max Boot. It wasn't even a review. It was simply propaganda, ridiculing and smearing the JFK research community and the documentary. Why did the WaPo run the Boot piece? 

Not only that, why has the WaPo not called for full and unconditional release of the all the JFK documents? Instead, they run the Boot hit piece. And you are worried about The Epoch Times

My take is a person's politics are immaterial in discussing the JFKA. You can be red or blue, Donk or 'Phant, Marxist or whatever. I don't care. What are the facts of the case? 

Here is what JFKA researcher Dick Russell warns: 

In 2013, President Barack Obama quietly signed a bill that neutralized the 1948 Smith-Mundt Act, thereby lifting the bans that formerly prohibited the CIA from propagandizing Americans. That repeal, according to journalist Leah Anaya, legalized “government-regulated news” in our country, and unleashed the CIA to use “legalized psychological war ops being run on the American people.”

The change in the law, Anaya says, “allowed the government to gain assistance [for] not-so-popular policies, ushering in a whole new world of government freedom to serve up propaganda to Americans on a silver platter.” For the first time in the CIA’s history, Operation Mockingbird was suddenly legal. 

Joe,

I love you but your wrong on this one. First, Rachel Maddow supports the Warren Commission findings so you have to go beyond political leanings here. Just like Jacob Hornberger's libertarian group has been played an important role in exposing important information about the assassination, The Epoch Times is providing a platform that MSNBC, CNN, NYT and WaPo refuse to do. 

It is important to work with people on issues we can agree on and put other differences aside.  Moreover, the audience that is served by The Epoch Times and Future of Freedom Foundation can be strong allies as we move forward. 

Larry:

In that regard, a direct example is Hornberger doing an article for Counterpunch.

What Morley has done there is a bit miraculous.

IMO, you are all correct on this subject.

Sadly, it seems that some right wing journalists are among the few who are reporting accurately on the JFK assassination research lately (not counting Bill O'Reilly.)

I suppose we should all be grateful for their help, given the abject failure of the M$M to tell the public the truth about JFK's murder.

But what strange bedfellows!    Isn't it ironic that people whose general political ideals are so dramatically at odds with those of JFK are the very ones trying to tell the truth now about his assassination?

And, on the flip side, "liberal" journalists in modern America should be ashamed of themselves for their abject betrayal of JFK after 11/22/63.

5 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

IMO, you are all correct on this subject.

Sadly, it seems that some right wing journalists are among the few who are reporting accurately on the JFK assassination research lately (not counting Bill O'Reilly.)

I suppose we should all be grateful for their help, given the abject failure of the M$M to tell the public the truth about JFK's murder.

But what strange bedfellows!    Isn't it ironic that people whose general political ideals are so dramatically at odds with those of JFK are the very ones trying to tell the truth now about his assassination?

And, on the flip side, "liberal" journalists in modern America should be ashamed of themselves for their abject betrayal of JFK after 11/22/63.

W.

We agree on something?

I have to lie down for while. 

When I recover, some celebratory booze called for. 

In the recent interview by Joe Rogan of Oliver Stone they go into the subject being discussed in several comments here.  The last 10 minutes are relevant to it if you've not seen it.  Joe goes off on those "demonizing" Greenwald for going on the tucker carlson show.  Maybe rightly so, I don't know.  I've mixed emotions on it.   Any exposure is good?  I can see the exposure to millions more being a good thing.  But does the vessel taint the message?

None of carlsons followers believe in JFK's message of Peace.   Quite the opposite.  They only believe in the conspiracy part, as in the big lie.  The huckster tucker and faux news are the chumps biggest enablers.  Is the message, a search for the Truth, being corrupted?  Or is the Truth getting out in spite of them?

Edited by Ron Bulman

6 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

In the recent interview by Joe Rogan of Oliver Stone they go into the subject being discussed in several comments here.  The last 10 minutes are relevant to it if you've not seen it.  Joe goes off on those "demonizing" Greenwald for going on the tucker carlson show.  Maybe rightly so, I don't know.  I've mixed emotions on it.   Any exposure is good?  I can see the exposure to millions more being a good thing.  But does the vessel taint the message?

None of carlsons followers believe in JFK's message of Peace.   Quite the opposite.  They only believe in the conspiracy part, as in the big lie.  The huckster tucker and faux news are the chumps biggest enablers.  Is the message, a search for the Truth, being corrupted?  Or is the Truth getting out in spite of them?

I had my doubts about Joe, after the Jack Dorsey interview. He was sponsored by a Dorsey company and he gave then then Twitter CEO a real easy ride. 
I believe what he is doing now, the guests he is taking on, equates to career suicide. He's taken Malone, McCullough and others. And amplifying their story. It's career suicide but, he's still doing it. Good on him, free speech lives in the west. F**k the censors. 

I would seriously contemplate career suicide at ten million per year. 😀

But, I thought the interview was good.  Oliver did a nice job on the big picture. Kennedy refused two perfect opportunities to invade Cuba. Was not going into Vietnam even if it looked like we were losing. 

And he was utterly correct on the film driving a stake through the heart of the magic bullet. Which it surely did.  I mean they even got into the weight of JFK's brain after autopsy!   When the heck has the public ever been exposed to that?  And when have they ever been exposed to the Chicago and Tampa plots in the same show?

He considers me his harshest critic. But I told him, I would quibble about a few things, but they were minor.  Overall, I thought it was good. And after tonight 2 million people will have seen the You Tube teaser. In five days? Whew.

Edited by James DiEugenio

21 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

But, I thought the interview was good.  Oliver did a nice job on the big picture. Kennedy refused two perfect opportunities to invade Cuba. Was not going into Vietnam even if it looked like we were losing. 

And he was utterly correct on the film driving a stake through the heart of the magic bullet. Which it surely did.  I mean they even got into the weight of JFK's brain after autopsy!   When the heck has the public ever been exposed to that?  And when have they ever been exposed to the Chicago and Tampa plots in the same show?

He considers me his harshest critic. But I told him, I would quibble about a few things, but they were minor.  Overall, I thought it was good. And after tonight 2 million people will have seen the You Tube teaser. In five days? Whew.

Love this 💯❤️

This is gonna sound extremely nuts, off the wall, or right out of left field, as you yanks would say. But, I listened to a string theory guy the other week and he gave a positive message of hope. 
He made the case that so many lies have been told, that whatever timelines of predictions you look at, by a certain date, the truth will come out, it’s inevitable. There is no way of avoiding that. 

On 1/9/2022 at 9:14 PM, James DiEugenio said:

The brain weight discussion was a key point to me.  Something I've read about a few years back but may have gone over the head of the casual listener or been lost in the overwhelming facts presented.

If I remember correctly.  Stone mentions a normal brain, Joe points out it weighed more than an average normal brain.  Then they get into all the witnesses in Dallas and at Bethesda who saw 1/3 or more of it missing.  How does it weigh more than normal with 1/3 or more missing?  Impossible.  Then, though they don't go this deep, it leads to the brain "falling out" without being cut loose during the autopsy. 

Joe bringing up Jolly West was interesting too.  Oliver didn't seem to be aware of his visit to Ruby in jail or how ruby acted afterwards.  Or about Haight Ashbury/Manson or killing the elephant.