The Education Forum

Is everything alright with Doug Horne??

Someone just commented on my You Tube channel "Vince!! Check it out: all the videos that featured Doug Horne---at least 18 at last count---are all gone; wiped out. What makes this especially troubling is the fact that they were on different channels. Is he alright?"

I know Doug was on A COUP IN CAMELOT (as was I, David Mantik and Barry Ernest, among others; DVD, Blu ray and Amazon streaming still available) and, of course, is on the Oliver Stone documentary JFK REVISITED. Does anyone have any info? As a side note, I do know that he was wounded by criticism of his lengthy part in A COUP IN CAMELOT and disappeared for a while, deleted his Facebook and turning to FDR instead. Did something happen this time around to make him (or someone) delete his videos?

Douglas Horne - IMDb

A Coup in Camelot (2015) - IMDb

FWIW) I have a few people that I subscribe to.Now,I don't claim to know what's going on,but 2 of my very best channels completely disappeared yesterday.They are not JFK related & it just seems strange to me.

Edited by Michael Crane

I have also spotted that many conspiracy videos (JFK, 9/11 ...) disappeared from results lists returning by the YouTube search engine. The videos are still on YouTube, however, you would need a direct link to a particular video to be able to view it. What worked for me was to Google the topic first, and use a direct YouTube link which Google has returned in YouTube.

Here are a couple of Doug Horne's video, in case they could not be located on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/J_QIuu6hsAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWpmN7ZEaRA

Wow! And, as I noted a couple years ago, from roughly 1998-2013, if you typed "Secret Service JFK" or anything remotely similar in Google, my articles and websites came up in droves. SINCE then, almost nothing comes up but Gerald Blaine and Clint Hill info (thanks to their two big media blogs, etc.).

9 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

Wow! And, as I noted a couple years ago, from roughly 1998-2013, if you typed "Secret Service JFK" or anything remotely similar in Google, my articles and websites came up in droves. SINCE then, almost nothing comes up but Gerald Blaine and Clint Hill info (thanks to their two big media blogs, etc.).

What about those services that claim to be able to manipulate search engine results? Does paying them ever really do anything?

Sadly, I think "they" won. Not only is social media and the net manipulated to censor out alternative views like this, I am seeing more and more Parnell-like comments from regular folks on articles I never saw before up to 2013 or so. 

1 hour ago, Vince Palamara said:

Sadly, I think "they" won. Not only is social media and the net manipulated to censor out alternative views like this, I am seeing more and more Parnell-like comments from regular folks on articles I never saw before up to 2013 or so. 

Does the JFK research community ever really tend to bother with paying for promotion? We've all seen on Youtube where a video maker will blow up after only one or two decently-produced videos, even if their videos discuss controversial matters. I suspect that these essayists have been paying for PR representative or something shadier like bots. If our idea of a good promotion is a Bob Dylan outtake and an episode of Joe Rogan, it sounds like it's too early to declare defeat. This rabbit hole IS interesting, and people would want to learn more if they knew how interesting it would be to them. Maybe there needs to be somebody making well-produced video essays on the assassinations, but the fact-checking should be even more vigorous than Coup in Camelot or JFK Revisited. The closest thing we have is CDStuff1: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyv8iOdLvRjalZOb3biSBgw

CDStuff1, and Doug Horne, but Horne's videos feel more like lectures than video essays.

Edited by Micah Mileto

Judging by the media push behind Blaine and Hill (biggest book company in the world, big time websites/blogs) + Bugliosi and Posner, we cannot compete. I have sold thousands of copies of my books. Hill and Blaine have sold HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS and have been on mainstream television a heck of a lot more than I. They have much bigger audiences/ weapons at their disposal.

• 2 months later...