The Education Forum

THE LATEST (JANUARY 2021) update on Angelos Leiloglou's 3D model of Dealey Plaza

Micah Mileto

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/24/2023 at 4:54 PM, Chris Davidson said:

The flat line distance for the first shot measured by Robert West was 163.64ft.
The flat line distance for extant z207 was 162.34ft
So, at approx extant z208, West determined a first shot response.
Referring to the initial gif, what are the odds that the Zfilm section missing the sprocket hole images would reside from extant z208-z211 with extant z212 (red box) showing somebody in the most awkward position(body orientation) as if they are reacting to what event?

SurveyWestZ207.jpg

Credit to Robert West/Tom Purvis

What do you think West saw on the Zfilm that caused him to create a first shot impact survey at approx extent z207?

Would a JFK 10" elevation change make a difference in what he saw above the Stemmon's Sign?

StemmonsSign.gif

• 2 months later...
On 1/1/2023 at 5:35 AM, Chris Bristow said:

Yes there is a large margin. Connally's face sheet shows the entry 7.5 inches from the spine. Assuming J.C. was sitting 7 inches inboard of JFK the entry would be at the spine. So I assume we have to account for 7.5 inches of lateral movement for the bullet to line up with his entry wound. Testing a 30 rotation combined with a 10 degree rearward lean I find it only accounts for 4 inches of the 7.5 needed. But there are some unknowns I can't pin down.
  Usually we assume the limo aligned with the direction of the lane marker next to the limo. But if Greer was starting to point the limo towards the next set of marker he could be facing a degree or two left. Secondly, J.C. might have shifted slightly to his left as he positioned himself to turn around. Third, I have heard the distance between JFK's neck exit and J.C.'s entry as being either 30 or 36 inches. Both JFK and J.C. could have been 3 inches forward or backward at the moment of the shot. The 6 inch difference changes the entry by one inch. finally I don't know if J.C. was 6 or 7 or 8 inches inboard from JFK.
 These slight changes are near impossible to measure from the Z film. They could make a total difference of about 5 inches. The basic 30 degree turn gives 4 or 5 inches of the 7.5 inches needed. 
   If J.C. was sitting more than 8 inches inboard and he shifted left a bit as he prepared to turn, and if the distance between JFK and J.C was 30 inches then the shot could feasibly line up. Including the limo direction there are 4 unknowns, 2 or 3 of them would be enough to make the shot possible. I don't personally buy the SBT but I think the trajectory may line up.
Below are some overexposed frames of J.C. that show the coat pretty well. I think the entry location looks too close to the armpit and needs to go inboard about 2 inches.

final sbt connally low.jpg

A really great model would have the option to see them as shirtless and maybe also as skeletons - maybe with the suit "Faded" underneath it.

7 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

A really great model would have the option to see them as shirtless and maybe also as skeletons - maybe with the suit "Faded" underneath it.

Yeah, skeletons so we can see rib cage and spinal column, that would be nice. With JFK we could determine the exact amount of hunching he needed to match the official entry and exit. It would be great to have views that are directly above and directly on the side too.

I've noticed in pretty much every overhead diagram the ratio of the width of the torso to its depth is way off. Taking those measurements from average people and then drawing it from directly above gives you a torso that looks freakishly thick. But that's the way it measures out. It seems there's always something lacking in 3D simulations and diagrams.

• 4 months later...
On 2/24/2022 at 10:16 AM, Micah Mileto said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niyDUSF02Zc&

This video was unlisted, so it went unnoticed for a year.

Now we at least know that this project didn't go unfinished. Now if we could just have Leiloglou's digital files, for all we know, we may have forensic proof of a conspiracy on our hands.

At 5:40 into the video, John Orr says that the project costed "thousands of dollars" - Is there any way to find out exactly how much money it would take to make a new project copying the same basic goal of a 3D model that overlays the pictures taken at the time of the shooting? If there was a solid plan, maybe there could be a bit of crowd-funding action. Might depend on what happens after the 60th when Angelo's model will be unveiled, as has been announced.

27 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

At 5:40 into the video, John Orr says that the project costed "thousands of dollars" - Is there any way to find out exactly how much money it would take to make a new project copying the same basic goal of a 3D model that overlays the pictures taken at the time of the shooting? If there was a solid plan, maybe there could be a bit of crowd-funding action. Might depend on what happens after the 60th when Angelo's model will be unveiled, as has been announced.

Bet Dale Myers will be watching this closely.