The Education Forum

Jean Rene Souetre expelled from the US 18hrs after JFKA?!

49 minutes ago, Evan Marshall said:

As I said I simply wanted to satisfy my own curiosity. I'm not going to name names as I promised not to. Besides the shooters are not the important ones. Who hired the shooters is what counts.

Theres no reason you cant name them its 2023 . Unless youre talking bollocks that is 

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when I promise I keep my promises and if you can't under the promise of non-discourse-it has no expiration date. And frankly, I don't care if people believe  me or not

2 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

Well when I promise I keep my promises and if you can't under the promise of non-discourse-it has no expiration date. And frankly, I don't care if people believe  me or not

Ok - then why do you post here? It’s a bit of a tease. Guaranteed we all want to know what info you have. 

14 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Chapter 9 — Dallas . . . Lay of the Land
A Look Behind the Curtains

A well-known, highly regarded oil “expert” by the name of Jack Crichton returned home to Dallas from a three-week, State sponsored tour of Romania sometime between October 15th and October 19th, 1963, a span of time that appears highly relevant to our investigation according to entries in the Lafitte records:

October 17

JA call yest. Says High-level gathering in DC

Lancelot – Go-ok-Oswald-others.

October 28

Lancelot Planning

October 29

Lancelot Planning

From Alan Kent's essay on the enigmatic "T"

3.) That T acts as a conduit of instructions from Angleton—and is mentioned in the December 5 entry with Angleton (“JA – close out Lancelot – T”)—indicates that this person is very close to Angleton; probably a long-time colleague of Angleton’s.

And, Dick Russell writes in his limited analysis of the Lafitte datebook (note his emphasis that if the datebook was a hoa, at least this entry was logged in at earlier a decade after the assassination, and preliminary examination of ink and paper indicates otherwise.) 

ANGLETON: Listed in the datebook by his last name as well as initials (JA and JJA), the then-head of Counterintelligence for the CIA appears to have been involved in “high-level gathering in DC'' during which “Lancelot planning” was discussed. The Lancelot reference is to a plot to kill JFK. The datebook’s final mention of James Angleton, (December 5, 1963) states: “JA – CLOSE OUT LANCELOT.” Angleton’s name was not generally known until the mid-1970s, when he was forced out of the CIA following revelations that he’d organized an illegal domestic spying program. 

Here, Dick emphasizes that if the datebook was a hoax, the entry would have been logged more than a decade after the assassination. Preliminary examination of ink and paper indicates that is not the case.

[And, Peter, we share your frustration with the index. I won't make excuses but explain that turning around an index for a 600-pg. book in 48 hours is not recommended. (we didn't index the essays.]

Many thanks for your reply.  I must look again at 'Coup in Dallas'.

I posted because I think too much time is wasted running down false and sometimes intentionally misleading info. The works of fiction focusing on CIA assassins or super secret agents authorized by the president to murder are just tripe! I believe in a conspiracy where the shooters were Antu Castro Cubans directed by JM Wave. Don't agree? That ok, but I have proved this to my own satisfaction. Your mileage may vary!

10 minutes ago, Evan Marshall said:

I posted because I think too much time is wasted running down false and sometimes intentionally misleading info. The works of fiction focusing on CIA assassins or super secret agents authorized by the president to murder are just tripe! I believe in a conspiracy where the shooters were Antu Castro Cubans directed by JM Wave. Don't agree? That ok, but I have proved this to my own satisfaction. Your mileage may vary!

Not farfetched at all. Many agree. Who ran it? Shackley? Who ordered it? Where were the shooters? What was Oswald’s part, if any?

JMWave was created by and run by the CIA. So, when you say JFK ' s killers were directed from JMWave,  you are saying the shooters were from the  CIA. Here is  little piece on JM Wave from Wikipedia, "

"The station's activities reached their peak in late 1962 and early 1963 around the Cuban Missile Crisis. Under Ted Shackley's leadership from 1962 to 1965, JMWAVE grew to be the largest CIA station in the world outside of the organization's headquarters in Langley, Virginia, with 300 to 400 professional operatives (possibly including about 100 based in Cuba) as well as an estimated 15,000 anti-Castro Cuban exiles on its payroll. The CIA was one of Miami's largest employers during this period. Exiles were trained in commando tactics, espionage and seamanship and the station supported numerous exile raids on Cuba.[2][3][10]

The main front company for JMWAVE was "Zenith Technical Enterprises, Inc." In addition, about 300 to 400 other front companies were created throughout South Florida with a large range of "safe houses", cover businesses and other properties. With an annual budget of approx. US$50 million (in 1960s dollars; US$50 million in 1962 dollars are worth US$403 million in 2017 dollars (PPP)[11]), the station had a major impact on the economy of South Florida, creating a local economic boom - particularly in the real estate, banking and certain manufacturing sectors. It also operated a fleet of aircraft and boats - this has been described as the third largest navy in the Caribbean at the time after the main US and Cuban navies. JMWAVE's activities were so widespread that they became an open secret amongst local Florida government and law enforcement agencies.[2][3] ""

22 hours ago, Evan Marshall said:

It's certainly your prerogative, Evan, but I'm experiencing cognitive dissonance.

You indicate that anything or anyone you consider to be false and misleading information is a distraction, yet you're pointing to an individual and his story —unnamed and without a full vetting of his claims — that I worry is false and misleading information. 

Directly related to the missing, misidentified, or destroyed Jean Rene Souetre files ...

In the early 1950s, [Roy] Cohn [future US president Donald Trump’s first political guru] had caught the eye of FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover who soon recommended the twenty-four-year-old attorney to his personal friend, Joe McCarthy, to fill the role of his chief counsel. For assistant counsel, McCarthy fulfilled another request, that of his good friend Joseph P. Kennedy who was looking for a spot for his young and restless son, Robert F. Kennedy. McCarthy designated RFK as assistant counsel to his committee, working alongside Hoover’s professional protégé, Roy Cohn . . . 

A Far-Right Ecosystem Spanning Decades

This analysis began with the question: what might the America First Committee and a figure named Roy Cohn have in common, and how might that commonality relate to contemporary politics? In addition to pointing me in the direction of the history behind Roy Cohn’s protégé Donald Trump’s own version of America First, Albarelli’s thinking before he passed was also influenced by our research into the history of rabid anti-communist Senator Joe McCarthy and the men surrounding him, including Robert Morris of the John Birch Society who served as attorney to one of our prime suspects, General Edwin A. Walker. Morris worked alongside Senator McCarthy’s legal counsel, Roy Marcus Cohn. 

Nearly seven months before JFK’s assassination, on April 8, 1963, The Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s New York Office sent a brief memorandum to FBI director Hoover marked “Attention: Foreign Liaison Unit.” The memo’s subject was: ALDERSONS, 5803 Burlinghall, Houston, Texas. [IS-FRANCE.]” The memorandum, still partially redacted to date, opens with the words: “For the information of the Bureau and Houston, on 4/3/63, CSNY [Confidential Source New York, name redacted] reliable [several lines redacted].” The memo’s next and final section reads: “Houston is requested to identify the ALDERSONS, and when this information is forthcoming, the Bureau is requested to advise what, if any, information may be furnished to this source.” The memorandum is stamped in bold letters: “EXP. PROC” [Expedited Processing].

About a month later, on May 3, 1963, the FBI office in Houston, Texas sent a memorandum to FBI director J. Edgar Hoover concerning Lawrence Mason Alderson and what was referred to as a “New York letter to the Bureau dated April 8, 1963captioned ‘Alderson, 5803 Burlinghall, Houston, Texas, IS-France.’” (The memorandum was also marked “ATTENTION: FOREIGN LIAISON.”) . . .

On May 20, 1963, the FBI’s Special Agent in Charge sent a memorandum to director Hoover, subject: Lawrence Mason Alderson, but also bearing Jean Rene Souetre’s CIA assigned 201 file number: 105-120510. The memorandum was also marked: “1-Mossburg,” meaning a copy went to the FBI’s E. Hyatt Mossburg, a Special Agent in the Washington, D.C. headquarters of the FBI. Copies also went to the Bureau’s Foreign Liaison Unit and its Houston office.

A typed “NOTE” on the document made at least two references to the Confidential Source in New York [CSNY] but five lines were redacted obscuring the paragraph.

The memorandum reads: “CSNY [name redacted] should be advised that the Aldersons, referred to in New York letter 4/8/63, may be identical with Dr. and Mrs. Lawrence M. Alderson, who reside at 5803 Burlinghall, Houston, Texas. Dr. Alderson is a dentist in Houston, Texas. He reportedly served in the US Army from 1953–1954. Our files contain no information indicating that Dr. Alderson and his wife have been outside the US or have been engaged in any anti-France activity. [Italics added.]

Despite the fact that the memorandum bore the 201-file number for Jean Souetre, it contained no reference to him. 

How do we know that these experienced assassins, who emerged from the ranks of La Cagoule to deal directly with Otto Skorzeny, coalesced in 1963 specific to our investigation of events in Dallas? Some of the answers reside in a series of obscure post-assassination letters addressed to FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover from a Mr. Paul Gluc, 112 General Leclerc Avenue, Boulogne Billancourt (92) France. According to one of the letters, Mr. Gluc, a self-described benevolent detective, was employed by French automobile manufacturer Régie Renault and lived in a populous suburb five miles from the centre of Paris.

A detailed account of this strange and revealing correspondence over a span of nine years, and the subsequent FBI memo traffic that attempted to discredit its significance and impugn the character of the author, is available to the reader in the endnotes to this chapter. For now, the following excerpts serve to not only validate the aforementioned history of assassins directly associated with one another, and by inference with Otto Skorzeny, but they also provide Gluc’s independent confirmation of certain entries in the 1963 datebook of Pierre Lafitte essential to the investigation of the assassination of John Kennedy.

Mr. Director, only you can clear OTTO SKORZENY of guilt

of being (an) agent in the Dallas operation with (the) passive

complicity of Allen W. Dulles.

—Paul Gluc, March 14, 1975

The 1975 letter was Gluc’s fourth and final correspondence with the FBI. The first letter, dated March 18, 1964, just four months after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, and later claimed by the FBI to be either lost or misplaced, was hand-written in English to “Mr. Hoover, director of the FBI. It reads

I understand you are very close to the solution of all the mysteries of President Kennedy’s assassination, but I suspect you are without key information. This information concerns the holders of many of the missing cards, Jean Souetre, as well as Jean Paul Filiol, both known to have been in Dallas on 22 November 1963. . . . Included in this knowledge are Mme. Lamy and M. Litt, all mentioned before, and extremely distasteful individuals. . . . I am anxious to spell this out for you by coming to Washington, D.C.

The letter was signed: “Mr. Gluc.” 

. . . With his letter, Gluc has provided us independent corroboration that Filiol, Lamy and Litt were known associates and that they were in Dallas, and as noted, he did so as early as March 1964. We also see, perhaps for the first time outside of cryptic reports that revealed a smattering of facts, that the FBI was made aware of the possibility that known assassin Jean Souetre had been in Dallas. Yes, Gluc could have simply picked up on the obscure rumors about Souetre being expelled from the Dallas-Fort Worth area, but there was no known trail in the public domain of the presence of Filiol, Lamy and or Litt in Dallas that would tie the three to Jean Souetre.

16 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

We also see, perhaps for the first time outside of cryptic reports that revealed a smattering of facts, that the FBI was made aware of the possibility that known assassin Jean Souetre had been in Dallas. 

Leslie,

You write that Jean-Rene Souetre was a "known assassin".

To the best of my knowledge, Jean-Rene Souetre never killed anyone.

You write, Jean-Rene Souetre was a "known assassin".

Who did he kill?

Steve Thomas

44 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Leslie,

You write that Jean-Rene Souetre was a "known assassin".

To the best of my knowledge, Jean-Rene Souetre never killed anyone.

You write, Jean-Rene Souetre was a "known assassin".

Who did he kill?

Steve Thomas

Steve. I detect incredulity. Maybe you would share your definition of "assassin" and we go from there?
And I can't resist asking, why are you defensive about Souetre?

42 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Steve. I detect incredulity. Maybe you would share your definition of "assassin" and we go from there?
And I can't resist asking, why are you defensive about Souetre?

Don-t throw this back on me.

You called someone a "known assassin". You could have said, "suspected", or "believed by some to be", but you said, "known"

I'd like to find out how you "know" this. Who is he supposed to have "assassinated"?

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Don-t throw this back on me.

You called someone a "known assassin". You could have said, "suspected", or "believed by some to be", but you said, "known"

I'd like to find out how you "know" this. Who is he supposed to have "assassinated"?

Steve Thomas

Apologies, and I only meant that I've detected your defense of Souetre since joining the forum.  I'm dumbfounded that among the apparent reasons you come to his defense, assuming I understand correctly, is that he said during one or more interviews that he wasn't in Dallas. I've not seen  documents that are alleged to be signed by witnesses, so if you have access, might you share? If they're in O'Leary's book, I've overlooked them.

We are not the first to identify Souetre as a known assassin.  Dick Russell was among the first to publish the assertion to a wider audience, but  Bud Fensterwald and J. Gary Shaw pursued the expulsion from Dallas of "Soutre" or Mertz or Roux for years. Obviously they didn't spend the time, energy, $$$ in pursuit of a French soldier who may have killed in combat, and clearly they were persuaded of the strong likelihood he was in Dallas pre-and post assassination.  (there's that word again.)  On the contrary, Bud and Gary were in pursuit of Souetre, a former Captain in the OAS, known to have been a paramilitary operative, and alleged to have previously been involved in at least one plot to assassinate de Gaulle as well as concerns he might end up in MC in early '64 to shoot de Gaulle.

Why would French authorities be tracking his whereabouts if he wasn't a known assassin? Why would Hoover have received reports in April and May related to the Alderson's in Houston with reference to the 201 file of Souetre if he was merely a soldier who might have killed in combat? Wasn't he asking CIA for assistance to take out de Gaulle?

Major Ralph Ganis picked up the investigation of Souetre and makes no bones about identifying him as a trained assassin with close association with Otto Skorzeny.  

Did Dick, Bud, Gary — or have we — come across the names of those Jean Rene Souetre assassinated?  Has anyone else? Perhaps not, and perhaps solely because he was never indicted — a fact I believe is worthy serious consideration. Who protected him for decades? Who continues to protect his legacy? (I've actually been threatened by a man who claims to represent both the Souetre family and the Mertz family.)  

Where are the missing Souetre files?  Where is the Dallas INS report? Why did the HSCA say they just didn't have time to pursue Gary and Bud's records of their investigation, in spite of having them for a solid year? Why did ARRB take possession of those records and say they just didn't see any reason to pursue Souetre? If you have any answers, I hope you'll share.

To conclude, had Pierre Lafitte not recorded the name Souetre in his datebook on key dates throughout 1963 — in context of established suspects in the assassination in Dallas, his appearance in New Orleans, travel to Dallas via MC, Silverthorne as his pilot, his departure from "red", and the names of psychopathic killers Filiol, Lamy and Litt in the mix — Hank might have asked questions similar to yours.  

I'm sure you can guess Dick Russell's reaction when Hank shared the Lafitte entries which corroborate Dick's seminal work back in the early '90s.  Likewise, and I believe Gary is comfortable with my saying that he considered the corroboration to be one of the more significant breakthroughs in the case in the past several decades.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

29 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Why would French authorities be tracking his whereabouts if he wasn't a known assassin? Why would Hoover have received reports in April and May related to the Alderson's in Houston with reference to the 201 file of Souetre if he was merely a soldier who might have killed in combat? Wasn't he asking CIA for assistance to take out de Gaulle?

Major Ralph Ganis picked up the investigation of Souetre and makes no bones about identifying him as a trained assassin with close association with Otto Skorzeny.  

Leslie,

You can say "alleged:. or "suspected of" all day long, and I would not have a problem with that.

Heck, at one time, he was one of the most wanted men in France.  As I pointed out in an earlier post, France supplied the names of OAS members to both the West German and Italian authorities in 1962 in advance of DeGaulle's visits to both those countries. As Joachim Joesten points out in his book, DeGaulle and His Murders,

image.thumb.png.3ab8e61d039f6933193e86aa97abe83f.png

"Suspected to have played a leading part in planning the attack" is not the same thing as saying he was one of the shooters.

As for Ganis, someone sent me what Ganis wrote, and I threw it down in disgust after the first three pages or so. Ganis had Souetre's birthplace wrong, he misspelled his wife's name. he got Soutre's military service career wrong, and the prison Souetre was sent to wrong.

Ganis doesn't, or didn't know the first thing about Souetre.

Steve Thomas