The Education Forum

Lee Oswald - The Cop-Killer

On 7/26/2022 at 3:40 PM, Bill Brown said:

Oswald stated that he was the only one who received mail at that box 

If, and it's a big if, Holmes was telling the truth and Oswald actually said this, it was certainly a lie. Marina received all her mail in P.O. Box 2915, was listed as entitled to receive mail on the box application, controlled the box for over two weeks while Oswald was in New Orleans, and filed her own change of address from the box to Ruth Paine's house on May 10th, which was the same day she left Irving to ride to New Orleans with Paine.

Marina's postal records were systematically deep-sixed, but according to Holmes, Oswald did say that he had given Marina one of the keys to the box on "rare occasions" to pick up his mail. This clearly stuck in Holmes' mind, and Holmes elaborated a bit to Larry Sneed in the 90s:

"Finally he admitted, “Well, my wife. She didn’t have a key, but occasionally I’d give her the key to check my box for me. That’s before I had it moved to the Terminal Annex. She’s the only one that ever got one out of there.” Of course, she didn’t get the rifle, he did. He admitted that nobody else could have gotten mail out of there because there was only one key issued... 

This was a lie. Holmes wrote in his own report that Oswald specifically stated that he taken out two keys to P.O. Box 2915, and that he had given Marina one of the keys to the box on occasion to pick up his mail. Holmes later concluded the interview with the following:

Obviously, a rifle wouldn’t fit in the box, so they would have to leave notice and nobody knows whether he took that notice over to the window and picked it up or whether his wife did because he admitted in the interrogation that the only person that ever got anything out of that box was possibly his wife...

I never interrogated his wife, but she knew all about the rifle. But, at no time, did she say anything about how he acquired the rifle or from where. She wasn’t trying to hide anything. She was very open about all of her testimony and she would have said, “I know he got it because I picked it up at the post office.” But she didn’t say that.”

The Warren Commission had Holmes' interrogation report (CE 2064) and knew that Marina received her mail in the box. They thus knew that (1) two keys were taken out for P.O. Box 2915; (2) Marina had been to the post office to pick up mail in the box; and (3) there was no evidence that Oswald had ever picked up the alleged murder weapons from the post office. 

Despite all this, the WC failed to ask Marina if it was possible that she had even unwittingly picked up the rifle and/or pistol for Oswald, not to mention all of the blatantly obvious questions that any honest lawyer would have asked in an investigation where two alleged murder weapons were ordered under aliases to a shared post office box. The WC asked Marina exactly ZERO questions about P.O. Box 2915, and didn't even give her a chance to deny that she knew anything about how Oswald had acquired the rifle. These were smart lawyers. To think this wasn't done on purpose is beyond delusional. 

What makes this even worse is the Walker Note, which if true suggests that Marina had never once been to the post office prior to April 10th. That the WC failed to ask Marina the simple question of "When did you first learn the location of P.O. Box 2915?" is unconscionable. 

There's a lot more to it, but it's obvious that the reason the WC avoided the topic of P.O. Box 2915 like the plague with Marina was that they did not want to deal with the possibility of anyone other than Oswald having access to the box, whether it was Marina herself or someone else who could have gotten access to one of the two keys.

Does it prove a conspiracy? No, but it does absolutely prove that the WC was scared to death of inadvertently extracting a reasonable doubt from Marina during her testimony and had no interest in the truth. 

Edited by Tom Gram

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm late to the party here - but here is the memo saying that "John D. Whitten" called the FBI and advised on 12/3/63 that Oswald came to the Top Ten Record Store twice during 11/22/63, and that Tippit was inside during Oswald's second visit.

John D. Whitten was the real name of the CIA chief of Western Hemisphere, Division 3, which included Mexico.

Incidentally, Whitten was talking with an FBI clerk named Carl Walters - not an agent - and asked Walters not to use his name because it would be "bad for business".  Walters' memo was written on 12/3/63, the day of Whitten's phone call.

The reason this memo is not better known is because it's not on the internet or at MFF - you have to go to the Archives to get a copy - 124-10087-10197.  

It's from the Dallas FBI file - which is still not on the internet or at MFF - we need to get a copy and digitize it.  We would have a lot more information from that file alone.

Edited by Bill Simpich

1 hour ago, Bill Simpich said:

I'm late to the party here - but here is the memo saying that "John D. Whitten" called the FBI and advised on 12/3/63 that Oswald came to the Top Ten Record Store twice during 11/22/63, and that Tippit was inside during Oswald's second visit.

John D. Whitten was the real name of the CIA chief of Western Hemisphere, Division 3, which included Mexico.

Incidentally, Whitten was talking with an FBI clerk named Carl Walters - not an agent - and asked Walters not to use his name because it would be "bad for business".  Walters' memo was written on 12/3/63, the day of Whitten's phone call.

The reason this memo is not better known is because it's not on the internet or at MFF - you have to go to the Archives to get a copy - 124-10087-10197.  

It's from the Dallas FBI file - which is still not on the internet or at MFF - we need to get a copy and digitize it.  We would have a lot more information from that file alone.

Bill,

Had Whitten started his soon to be aborted investigation by this point? 

I find it mind boggling that Whitten would even know about this. Who would have seen Oswald there??

Edited by David Boylan

3 hours ago, David Boylan said:

Bill,

Had Whitten started his soon to be aborted investigation by this point? 

I find it mind boggling that Whitten would even know about this. Who would have seen Oswald there??

I concur. Mind-boggling. 

Also, when could have LHO visited the record store? Twice? 

Why did not the record store employee there say, "Oh, I saw LHO twice the day JFK was shot, the second time with Tippit." ?

Interesting.