The Education Forum

Ted Callaway & The 1:15 Shooting

On 7/15/2022 at 7:21 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

An ambulance picked up Tippit and took him to Methodist Hospital, where doctors tried to resuscitate him but failed. He was pronounced DOA at 1:15 PM.

No.

J.C. Butler (the ambulance driver who picked up Tippit's body) showed the ambulance call sheet to George and Patricia Nash in the 60's.  The call sheet stated that the Dudley-Hughes Funeral Home (from where the ambulance was dispatched) received the call to go to the scene at 1:18.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/15/2022 at 7:24 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

Almost everything points to a shooting time of about 1:06 PM.

Only if you believe that Tippit's body was lying in the street for eleven minutes before anyone thought to report the shooting (even though Mary Wright and Barbara Davis tell you that they phoned the police immediately).

9 hours ago, Steve Roe said:

David, I sorry but I have to take issue with you here on this Tippit Shooting and the so-called other overwhelming evidence against the Patsy, Lee Harvey Oswald. Everyone knows your history of being bias, and out to get an innocent man convicted of a crime he never committed. So respectfully I’m going to lay out some of the evidence here for your consideration in hopes it might change your mind. If it’s any consolation, I was accused of being bias myself, and this new evidence may change my mind.

1.       Marina Oswald identified her husband jackets to the Warren Commission. The blue jacket left at the TSBD and the Gray Jacket (CE162 – the jacket found under a car behind the Ballew Texaco Station). FALSE: Marina was threatened with deportation and was forced to lie under oath. Everyone knows that! The Warren Commission staff knew it too, that’s why they twisted her testimony around to convict Oswald in the public’s eyes. You really need to study the Deep State better.

2.       Earlene Roberts testified that Oswald left the Beckley Rooming house zipping up a jacket. FALSE: Greg Parker and the ROKC research staff proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Oswald never lived at the Beckley Rooming house. If James DiEugenio thinks Greg Parker is a top notched researcher exposing the WC myths, that’s good enough for me!

3.       Oswald owned the Smith-Wesson.38 revolver that killed Officer Tippit; he bought it mail order from Seaport Traders in Los Angeles. FALSE: Oswald while working at Jagger-Chiles-Stovall was contacted by the secret Dodd Committee to order the pistol to expose mail order gun companies. He did it out of his patriotic duty. A secret Todd Committee handler gave Oswald the “True Adventures” magazine and clipped out the order coupon. All Deep State stuff, David.

4.       The serial number on the revolver matched Seaport Trader’s paperwork. FALSE: Captain Pinky Westbrook of the DPD made sure the serial numbers matched because he was working with the CIA. We know this because he was sent to Vietnam to work with the CIA. Again, you need to bone up on the Deep State.

5.       Oswald shot Officer Tippit. FALSE: It was Larry Crafard and Harry Olsen that did it. After Crafard shot Tippit, he was driven back to Ruby’s Carousel Club by Harry Olsen. I know Olsen was on crutches, but Crafard helped Olsen drive using his own foot on the accelerator and brakes. Crafard faked going back to sleep when Ruby’s bartender, Andy Armstrong woke him up in the backroom. Crafard I’m sure was exhausted after committing this murder. Go ahead and laugh, get it out of your system.

6.       Tippit was Badgeman. TRUE: Author Joseph McBride almost proved this. Marie Tippit could not pin down the exact time JD Tippit came home to eat lunch. She failed to record the lunch time on her notepad at home. That is highly suspicious!

7.       The Postal Code on the Klein’s envelope was “12”; someone other than Oswald mailed that money order to Chicago away from the General Post Office on Ervay Street. TRUE: James DiEugenio and John Armstrong proved that! Come on David, you need to study postal zones in Dallas. You may take issue with that statement by DiEugenio, but it was proven that Marina Oswald herself mailed a letter to Ruth Paine (the CIA handler) from the 214 West Neely Street apartment with a map of where she lived. On that letter was the Postal Code “15”. That postal code was in South Dallas, south of Fair Park, way across the Trinity River. We know that Marina took her baby in a stroller and walked a distance of some 15 miles, just to mail that letter!

8.       Johnny Brewer was a conspirator in setting up Oswald to be captured. TRUE: We know the CIA often uses front companies to carry on their covert activities. Hardy Shoes on Jefferson Blvd was one of them. You may laugh at this, but where do you think the TV producers of the 1965 series, “Get Smart” got the idea of a shoe phone for Secret Agent Maxell Smart? Huh? Yep, Hardy Shoes. All Deep State.

9.       Oswald didn’t shoot Officer Tippit, again. TRUE: Oswald was instructed by his handler to go get his Dodd Committee pistol and load the cylinder. It was a mere coincidence that the same .38 bullet shells of Remington-Peters and Western Cartridge were found on 10th and Patton that were found in Oswald’s Dodd pistol. His handler instructed him to meet him at the Texas Theater to receive further instructions. Because the Texas Theater was a dangerous place to be on a Friday matinee, his handler advised him to carry extra ammo in his pocket in case one of the patrons who did murder Officer Tippit was there. All foreknowledge of the Big Event, Deep State all the way!  

Nice one, Steve.  May have to bump this one once a week.

6 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

Ball asked her what time she "got her bus" (strange way to ask a question).  We cannot know how Markham interpreted it and therefore we can not really know what her answer really tells us.

It's just as possible that she is saying that she regularly got to her bus stop at 1:15 (which puts her there to regularly catch the 1:22 bus).

Yes. Exactly. And I have postulated that precise scenario in the past:

"My guess is that Helen Markham very likely timed it so that she would be at the Jefferson & Patton bus stop at approximately 1:15 every day, and she would (of course) then catch the next bus to come by that was going downtown (whenever that was, at 1:22, or 1:26, whenever). That way, she would be a little early to catch the next bus. Makes sense to me anyway. And the FBI report in CD630 clearly indicates that "the bus is scheduled to pass this point [at Patton and Jefferson] at about 1:12 PM and every ten minutes thereafter". So it's fairly clear that if Mrs. Markham didn't catch the 1:12 bus, she could have caught another bus at about 1:22 or 1:32. And since she didn't have to be at work until 2:30 PM, there was plenty of time to spare, even if she had to take one of those later busses. But it makes no sense for her to regularly get to the bus stop at 1:15 if she was really trying to catch a 1:12 bus. That's crazy." -- DVP; April 2017

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/Helen Markham's Bus

Edited by David Von Pein

14 hours ago, Steve Roe said:

David, [I'm] sorry but I have to take issue with you here on this Tippit Shooting and the so-called other overwhelming evidence against the Patsy, Lee Harvey Oswald. Everyone knows your history of being bias, and out to get an innocent man convicted of a crime he never committed. So respectfully I’m going to lay out some of the evidence here for your consideration in hopes it might change your mind. If it’s any consolation, I was accused of being bias myself, and this new evidence may change my mind.

1.       Marina Oswald identified her husband jackets to the Warren Commission. The blue jacket left at the TSBD and the Gray Jacket (CE162 – the jacket found under a car behind the Ballew Texaco Station). FALSE: Marina was threatened with deportation and was forced to lie under oath. Everyone knows that! The Warren Commission staff knew it too, that’s why they twisted her testimony around to convict Oswald in the public’s eyes. You really need to study the Deep State better.

2.       Earlene Roberts testified that Oswald left the Beckley Rooming house zipping up a jacket. FALSE: Greg Parker and the ROKC research staff proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Oswald never lived at the Beckley Rooming house. If James DiEugenio thinks Greg Parker is a top notched researcher exposing the WC myths, that’s good enough for me!

3.       Oswald owned the Smith-Wesson.38 revolver that killed Officer Tippit; he bought it mail order from Seaport Traders in Los Angeles. FALSE: Oswald while working at Jagger-Chiles-Stovall was contacted by the secret Dodd Committee to order the pistol to expose mail order gun companies. He did it out of his patriotic duty. A secret Todd Committee handler gave Oswald the “True Adventures” magazine and clipped out the order coupon. All Deep State stuff, David.

4.       The serial number on the revolver matched Seaport Trader’s paperwork. FALSE: Captain Pinky Westbrook of the DPD made sure the serial numbers matched because he was working with the CIA. We know this because he was sent to Vietnam to work with the CIA. Again, you need to bone up on the Deep State.

5.       Oswald shot Officer Tippit. FALSE: It was Larry Crafard and Harry Olsen that did it. After Crafard shot Tippit, he was driven back to Ruby’s Carousel Club by Harry Olsen. I know Olsen was on crutches, but Crafard helped Olsen drive using his own foot on the accelerator and brakes. Crafard faked going back to sleep when Ruby’s bartender, Andy Armstrong woke him up in the backroom. Crafard I’m sure was exhausted after committing this murder. Go ahead and laugh, get it out of your system.

6.       Tippit was Badgeman. TRUE: Author Joseph McBride almost proved this. Marie Tippit could not pin down the exact time JD Tippit came home to eat lunch. She failed to record the lunch time on her notepad at home. That is highly suspicious!

7.       The Postal Code on the Klein’s envelope was “12”; someone other than Oswald mailed that money order to Chicago away from the General Post Office on Ervay Street. TRUE: James DiEugenio and John Armstrong proved that! Come on David, you need to study postal zones in Dallas. You may take issue with that statement by DiEugenio, but it was proven that Marina Oswald herself mailed a letter to Ruth Paine (the CIA handler) from the 214 West Neely Street apartment with a map of where she lived. On that letter was the Postal Code “15”. That postal code was in South Dallas, south of Fair Park, way across the Trinity River. We know that Marina took her baby in a stroller and walked a distance of some 15 miles, just to mail that letter!

8.       Johnny Brewer was a conspirator in setting up Oswald to be captured. TRUE: We know the CIA often uses front companies to carry on their covert activities. Hardy Shoes on Jefferson Blvd was one of them. You may laugh at this, but where do you think the TV producers of the 1965 series, “Get Smart” got the idea of a shoe phone for Secret Agent Maxell Smart? Huh? Yep, Hardy Shoes. All Deep State.

9.       Oswald didn’t shoot Officer Tippit, again. TRUE: Oswald was instructed by his handler to go get his Dodd Committee pistol and load the cylinder. It was a mere coincidence that the same .38 bullet shells of Remington-Peters and Western Cartridge were found on 10th and Patton that were found in Oswald’s Dodd pistol. His handler instructed him to meet him at the Texas Theater to receive further instructions. Because the Texas Theater was a dangerous place to be on a Friday matinee, his handler advised him to carry extra ammo in his pocket in case one of the patrons who did murder Officer Tippit was there. All foreknowledge of the Big Event, Deep State all the way! 

Bill Brown then said:

Nice one, Steve.  May have to bump this one once a week.

And yet Steve's humorous post (which was obviously done in a tongue-in-cheek manner) actually received this seemingly serious (??) response from conspiracist Gil J. Jesus:

Gil Jesus said:

Notice that he doesn't post any evidence or citations. It's just a long narrative.

This is the same guy who has serious problems with accuracy in Jim DiEugenio's new book ?

His #8 in particular made me laugh.

So, either Gil was, indeed, taking Steve Roe's post seriously, or Gil thinks that a post designed to be humorous parody should actually include "citations". ~shrug~ + LOL.gif

Here's my own attempt at parody and satire when it comes to the subject of Lee Oswald's obvious guilt in the Tippit murder. I wrote this 16 years ago:

http://jfk-archives/The Hilarious Defense Of Lee Harvey Oswald

Edited by David Von Pein

Honest question: What is your guys' opinion on why Paul Bentley initialed the revolver even though he never officially handled it? His story he told on TV on the 23rd (CE 2157) eventually turned into McDonald's story after the misfire 'theory' was debunked by the WC, and the evidence seems to indicate that he signed the gun before the signing party in Westbrook's office: 

gun_pi13.png

Another question is: why do you think the WC pretended that Bentley didn't exist? 

Two of the arresting officers inscribed their initials on the weapon and a third inscribed his name. All three identified CE143 as the revolver taken from Oswald when he was arrested. (WR p. 195)

All the WC actually established was that the gun in evidence was the same gun signed in Westbrook's office. I'll stick to the most basic example. McDonald didn't initial the gun at the scene and didn't even drive back with it. The WC never asked McDonald how he knew CE 143 was the same gun he took from Oswald. Cooper asked the first question (of course Ball didn't because he knew what would happen), but he didn't follow up with the obvious question of: if you didn't mark it at the scene, how do you know it is the same gun?

Senator COOPER -Did you mark the pistol at that time before you turned it over? 
Mr. McDONALD - No, sir; I marked it at the police station. 
Senator COOPER -But you recognized it then as the same pistol you had identified today? 
Mr. McDONALD - Yes, sir. 
Senator COOPER -That is all. 

This is the kind of stuff a defense attorney would eat for breakfast guys, and you are still claiming that there are no problems with the chain of custody of the revolver. There really are, and it doesn't even have to be anything conspiratorial. It could be that the officers just massively screwed up, but you can't just hand wave away these problems. McDonald and Bentley are real problems, and I think it's pretty reasonable to ask your opinion. 

3 hours ago, Tom Gram said:

...you are still claiming that there are no problems with the chain of custody of the revolver. There really are...

Tom,

There is absolute rock-solid proof  that CE143, the gun with all the police officers' initials on it, is positively Lee Oswald's revolver. The only way anybody could possibly think otherwise is to postulate (i.e., pretend) that this document below (Michaelis Exhibit No. 2) is a fake/fraudulent document. Because that particular document verifies for all time that Seaport Traders, in March of 1963, shipped to "A.J. Hidell" a Smith & Wesson .38 Special revolver with the exact same serial number on it  that appears in the picture provided above by Tom Gram---Serial Number V510210. And Seaport shipped that gun to the P.O. Box which we know was rented by the same man (Lee Oswald) who was arrested with a gun in his hands inside the Texas Theater on 11/22/63:

Michaelis-Exhibit-2.jpg

Conspiracy believers can continue to pretend that the above document is fraudulent or manufactured by the cops if they want to (and some do), but there has never been one shred of PROOF to show that Michaelis Exhibit No. 2 (or any other Kennedy-related evidence, for that matter) has actually been faked or manufactured by any team of conspirators who were bent on framing Lee Harvey Oswald.

https://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/Lee Oswald's Revolver

Edited by David Von Pein

8 hours ago, Bill Brown said:
On 7/15/2022 at 5:21 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

An ambulance picked up Tippit and took him to Methodist Hospital, where doctors tried to resuscitate him but failed. He was pronounced DOA at 1:15 PM.

No.

Yes.

Here is documentary proof that Tippit was pronounced dead at 1:15 PM:

Davenport.jpg

Tippit_1-15_PM.jpg

Edited by Sandy Larsen

Following is Version 5 of my Tippit Scene time line.

(I have multiple versions of the timeline because I adjusted it for every bit of new information that became available to me.)

Note that the timeline consists of a preliminary timeline, followed by a timing analysis, and then the final timeline. (I needed to do a detailed analysis before adding certain individuals for the final timeline.) I retain the preliminary timeline and timing analysis in order to document how the final timeline was developed.

Note that it is quick and easy to read the timeline if you focus on the black text. The gray text provides sources for timeline data.

Tippit Scene Timeline (Version 5)

1:06 - Tippit is shot. [Time Sources: Helen Markham & Margie Higgins (in The Girl on the Stairs)]

1:07 - Witness Mrs. Frank Wright calls in the shooting. [Time: Based on Mrs. Frank Wright comments reported in 10/12/64 The New Leader magazine article, page 69.]

1:09 - Witness T.F. Bowley calls in the shooting via Tippit's radio. [Time Source: T.F. Bowley. Actually, his statement suggests that his call was made at 1:11 to 1:12, because he said he arrived at 1:10. But this would make Tippit's 1:15 hospital arrival impossibly too quick. So this 1:09 timeline estimate presumes Bowley's watch being off by a minute or two, and that he rounded off to the nearest 5-minute mark to get his "1:10 PM" watch reading.]

1:10 - The ambulance arrives. [Time: Based on Mrs. Frank Wright & Clayton Butler statements reported in 10/12/64 The New Leader magazine article, page 69. Actually, their comments suggest a time of 1:08. But the ambulance cannot have arrived before T.F. Bowley's ~1:10 call. Note also that Bowley said the ambulance arrived "a few minutes" after his call.]

1:11 - Police reserve Sergeant Croy arrives and sees Tippit being loaded into the ambulance. Croy talks to a "hysterical" witness, probably Helen Markham. [Time: Based on Croy's WC testimony, his seeing ambulance being loaded upon his arrival.]

1:12 - The ambulance departs. [Assuming it was there for two minutes. This includes time for radio trouble they reportedly experienced.]

1:22 - Patrolman Roy W. Walker broadcasts the killer's description from the scene. [Time Source: DPD radio log transcript.]

Timing Analysis

According to Officer Poe's WC testimony, Walker arrived AFTER he and patrolman Jez arrived. They interviewed an excited Helen Markham, got a description of the shooter, and gave it to Walker for him to broadcast.

So Poe and Jez were the second and third officers to arrive. They arrived some time between 1:11 (Croy's arrival) and 1:17 (if we allow a 5 minute interview with Markham before giving the shooter's description to Walker to broadcast at 1:22).

Virginia and Barbara Davis had to have looked out the door very shortly after the shooting because they saw the gunman flee. Barbara Davis said that after calling the police, she and Virginia went out and to the car. It "wasn't 5 minutes" before the police arrived, according to Barbara. (Virginia said that they had "already arrived." But this cannot be reconciled with other testimony. Note also that Virginia had a habit of using the word "already.")

So the Davises left their house at about 1:08 and arrived at Tippit's car shortly thereafter. And then, within 5 minutes, Officers Poe and Jez arrived. This pegs their time of arrival between 1:12 (after Croy's 1:11 arrival) and 1:13 or so.

Tippit Scene Timeline (with Virginia Davis and the first arriving police officers added)

1:06 - Tippit is shot.

1:07 - Witness Mrs. Frank Wright calls in the shooting.

1:07 - Virginia Davis and her-sister-in-law arrive at the door, and Helen Markham screams to them that Tippit is dead and to call the police. They see the killer cross their yard and disappear around the corner of their house. [Time: Based on the above Timing Analysis.]

1:08 - The Davises call the police and then step out into their yard. They walk over and see Tippit's body lying on the ground. [Time: Based on the above Timing Analysis.]

1:09 - Witness T.F. Bowley calls in the shooting via Tippit's radio.

1:10 - The ambulance arrives and the body is loaded.

1:11 - Croy arrives and sees Tippit being loaded into the ambulance. Croy talks to a "hysterical" witness, probably Helen Markham.

1:11 to 1:12 - The ambulance departs.

1:12 to 1:13 - Officer Poe and Patrolman L.E. Jez arrive, and interview an excited Helen Markham. [Time: Based on the above Timing Analysis.]

1:13 to 1:22 - Patrolman Roy W. Walker arrives. Officer Poe gives Markham's description of the shooter to Walker for him to broadcast. [Time: Based on the above Timing Analysis.]

1:22 - Patrolman Roy W. Walker broadcasts the killer's description from the scene.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

On 7/15/2022 at 12:32 PM, Tom Gram said:

David, that's not the issue. The issue is that nobody initialed the gun until around 4pm in Westbrook's office, and Carroll, Hill and McDonald initialed it at the same time. I'm not even saying there's anything actually wrong with the chain of custody, just that a defense attorney would rip these guys to shreds in court, and they exposed themselves to that by how they handled the gun. It doesn't matter if Hill is lying or not. 

But that's just the start of it. Paul Bentley also initialed the gun, and he never officially had possession of it. He initialed it in a different spot than the other officers, and the evidence very strongly suggests that he marked it before everyone else. This is the weirdest problem with the chain of custody IMO, and the WC pretended that Bentley didn't exist. 

Also, I didn't even know this until Gil's recent thread, and the chain of custody is bad enough as it is; but all the defense would have had to do to destroy Hill's credibility is call C.T. Walker to the stand, who testified that he had the revolver in his possession at a time it was supposed to be in Hill's belt:

Mr. WALKER. We took him up the Homicide and Robbery Bureau, and we went back there and one of the detectives said, put him in this room. I put him in the room, and he ( the detective ) said, "Let the uniformed officers stay with him ." And I went inside, and Oswald sat down, and he was handcuffed with his hands behind him. I sat down there, and I had his pistol, and he had a card in there with a picture of him and the name A.J.Hidell on it. 

These are real problems. Again, even Capt. Westbrook acknowledged that the officers shouldn't have brought the gun to his office. There are other problems too, such as when exactly Hill turned the gun over to Lt. Baker, since Carroll didn't witness it. The WC didn't call Baker either, which is just as bad as not deposing Bentley. I could go on, but again I don't want to turn this thread into a revolver debate. I'd be happy to do that in Gil's handgun thread though. The point is that these guys either massively screwed up, or something shady was going on. I don't see any way around it. 

Tom, you might want to know that Capt Fritz ordered the detectives to turn the "Oswald" handgun ( serial # V510210 ) and the THREE unfired rounds over to Capt. Doughty at 3:30 pm. This further confounds the chain of possession of the handgun and proves that Sgt. Hill lied when he testified that he was the only one in whose possession the gun was. ( Dallas Police Box 1, pg. 80 )

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=217800#relPageId=80

BTW, Doughty, like Lt. Baker, was never called to testify.

Edited by Gil Jesus

1 hour ago, Gil Jesus said:

Tom, you might want to know that Capt Fritz ordered the detectives to turn the "Oswald" handgun ( serial # V510210 ) and the THREE unfired rounds over to Capt. Doughty at 3:30 pm. This further confounds the chain of possession of the handgun and proves that Sgt. Hill lied when he testified that he was the only one in whose possession the gun was. ( Dallas Police Box 1, pg. 80 )

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=217800#relPageId=80

Well, quite clearly that document cited by Gil cannot be relied on to be accurate with respect to at least one of the times given -- i.e., the "1:15" time for Tippit being pronounced dead is, of course, not accurate at all, since the ambulance didn't even receive the call to go get Tippit until 1:18 [see "With Malice", 1998 edition, pages 101-104].

Plus, the document Gil cites has the time "1:00" visible underneath the "1:15" mark-over, which is a further indication that whoever was creating that document was a bit confused on the times.

Therefore, should the "3:30" time reference be trusted either? Maybe. But it's certainly not written in stone.

Edited by David Von Pein

6 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Following is Version 5 of my Tippit Scene time line.

(I have multiple versions of the timeline because I adjusted it for every bit of new information that became available to me.)

Note that the timeline consists of a preliminary timeline, followed by a timing analysis, and then the final timeline. (I needed to do a detailed analysis before adding certain individuals for the final timeline.) I retain the preliminary timeline and timing analysis in order to document how the final timeline was developed.

Note that it is quick and easy to read the timeline if you focus on the black text. The gray text provides sources for timeline data.

Tippit Scene Timeline (Version 5)

1:06 - Tippit is shot. [Time Sources: Helen Markham & Margie Higgins (in The Girl on the Stairs)]

1:07 - Witness Mrs. Frank Wright calls in the shooting. [Time: Based on Mrs. Frank Wright comments reported in 10/12/64 The New Leader magazine article, page 69.]

1:09 - Witness T.F. Bowley calls in the shooting via Tippit's radio. [Time Source: T.F. Bowley. Actually, his statement suggests that his call was made at 1:11 to 1:12, because he said he arrived at 1:10. But this would make Tippit's 1:15 hospital arrival impossibly too quick. So this 1:09 timeline estimate presumes Bowley's watch being off by a minute or two, and that he rounded off to the nearest 5-minute mark to get his "1:10 PM" watch reading.]

1:10 - The ambulance arrives. [Time: Based on Mrs. Frank Wright & Clayton Butler statements reported in 10/12/64 The New Leader magazine article, page 69. Actually, their comments suggest a time of 1:08. But the ambulance cannot have arrived before T.F. Bowley's ~1:10 call. Note also that Bowley said the ambulance arrived "a few minutes" after his call.]

1:11 - Police reserve Sergeant Croy arrives and sees Tippit being loaded into the ambulance. Croy talks to a "hysterical" witness, probably Helen Markham. [Time: Based on Croy's WC testimony, his seeing ambulance being loaded upon his arrival.]

1:12 - The ambulance departs. [Assuming it was there for two minutes. This includes time for radio trouble they reportedly experienced.]

1:22 - Patrolman Roy W. Walker broadcasts the killer's description from the scene. [Time Source: DPD radio log transcript.]

Timing Analysis

According to Officer Poe's WC testimony, Walker arrived AFTER he and patrolman Jez arrived. They interviewed an excited Helen Markham, got a description of the shooter, and gave it to Walker for him to broadcast.

So Poe and Jez were the second and third officers to arrive. They arrived some time between 1:11 (Croy's arrival) and 1:17 (if we allow a 5 minute interview with Markham before giving the shooter's description to Walker to broadcast at 1:22).

Virginia and Barbara Davis had to have looked out the door very shortly after the shooting because they saw the gunman flee. Barbara Davis said that after calling the police, she and Virginia went out and to the car. It "wasn't 5 minutes" before the police arrived, according to Barbara. (Virginia said that they had "already arrived." But this cannot be reconciled with other testimony. Note also that Virginia had a habit of using the word "already.")

So the Davises left their house at about 1:08 and arrived at Tippit's car shortly thereafter. And then, within 5 minutes, Officers Poe and Jez arrived. This pegs their time of arrival between 1:12 (after Croy's 1:11 arrival) and 1:13 or so.

Tippit Scene Timeline (with Virginia Davis and the first arriving police officers added)

1:06 - Tippit is shot.

1:07 - Witness Mrs. Frank Wright calls in the shooting.

The Wrights lived at 501 E. Tenth St.. You know that the police received Mary Wright's call because when they dispatched cruisers to the Tippit murder scene, they used the location of 501 E.Tenth St. four times. ( 17 H 408-409 )

They could have only gotten that address from the phone call.

Mrs. Frances Cason, a telephone clerk in the Dallas police dispatcher's office, revealed in her testimony that routine Dallas Police procedure was that a call sheet was filled out by the clerk "on every call we take" and submitted to the dispatcher. ( 13 H 91 )

That fact is supported in the Dallas Police "Departmental Manual of Operating Procedures".  ( CD 1285, pg 247 )

Mary Wright's call was immediate and would have been logged in at the police station within a minute or two of the shooting. It would have been a much more accurate measure of the time of the shooting.

So where's the call sheet on Mary Wright's call ?

And why did Hoover, as late as 10/14/64, order the Dallas FBI to NOT interview the Wrights ?

download.png

Edited by Gil Jesus

1 hour ago, David Von Pein said:

the "1:15" time for Tippit being pronounced dead is, of course, not accurate at all, since the ambulance didn't even receive the call to go get Tippit until 1:18

Oh, but you have gotten it backwards. Virtually all the evidence points to a 1:06 shooting. The 1:18 ambulance document is the oddball. So it has the incorrect time, not the death certificate.

I believe that the ambulance document was originally marked 1:08, but was changed to 1:18 so as not to conflict with the revised time of shooting, 1:16.

Here are the TRUE times:  Tippit was shot at 1:06, the ambulance was called at 1:08, the ambulance arrived at 1:10, and the body arrived at the hospital at 1:15, at which time Tippit was pronounced DOA.