The Education Forum

Hickey might have fired his AR15 -- members survey.

49 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Is or is not the head shot visible in Bronson? 

Weissman in his report to Bonar Menninger wrote that he eyeballed the film directly using 20X, & inspected the 2017 scan & the superior 2019 scan (provided to him by the SFM), & he could see no visible evidence of the head shot (ie splatter etc)(at Z313) which was about halfway through the Bronson footage (ie that sequence of 20 Bronson frames).

Edited by Marjan Rynkiewicz

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

Weissman in his report to Bonar Menninger wrote that he eyeballed the film directly using 20X, & inspected the 2017 scan & the superior 2019 scan (provided to him by the SFM), & he could see no visible evidence of the head shot (ie splatter etc)(at Z313) which was about halfway through the Bronson footage (ie that sequence of 20 Bronson frames).

When you watch the film you see the head jerk. So the headshot is on the film. Now, whether you match that frame up with 313 or 314 whatever, it really doesn't matter. The fact is that Hickey is not standing up at the time of the head shot.

35 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

When you watch the film you see the head jerk. So the headshot is on the film. Now, whether you match that frame up with 313 or 314 whatever, it really doesn't matter. The fact is that Hickey is not standing up at the time of the head shot.

The fact is that, before & after,  Hickey is sitting (half standing) on top of 2 leather cases with the top of his head level with the bottom of the standing agents' heads. And,  along the way,  Hickey briefly rises a half head.

It is impossible to fully stand in the narrow space between his seat & the jump seat unless he shimmies over to the area between the jump seats (not important), or praps unless he gives O'Donnell a good hard shove (not important), or praps unless he puts his right shoe on his seat (not important).

Firstly. Hickey duznt need to be fully standing at the time of the headshot.

Hickey could shoot JFK while sitting low on his seat, if he held the AR15 on his head.

Hickey could shoot JFK while sitting on the 2 cases, if he held the AR15 at chin height.

Hickey could shoot JFK while raised a half head, if he held the AR15 at chest height.

Nextly, if the say 4 shot auto burst was from say Z305 to Z312 (ie 8  Z frames), & if Hickey during that time stumbled forward onto O'Donnell, & then fell back onto the 2 cases, he could achieve that there falling back in a few Z frames, ie during the period Z312 to say Z316. And i say that the Bronson frame that is supposedly at Z313 is actually at Z316.

51 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Re the head jerk, i will have a good look. I did have a good look at the happenings in Queen Mary, but i dont think i ever put the jfklimo under the microscope. I will be back.

6 hours ago, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

I have determined uzing the footfalls/footsteps (of the lady walking towards the limo) that Bronson shows Hickey seated at Z316, not Z313.

I contend that both films have been altered to a greater extent than most researchist realize. I do think the actual AR-15 head shot occurred at the FBI model location farther down Elm Street rather at than Z313, and the shot that occurred at the Mary Moorman photograph position was actually the one that hit Connally.

6 hours ago, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

An accidental sqeez of the trigger would if on AUTO probly give a burst of at least 4 shots.

Who says it was on "auto"? I believe Donahue said it could be set on single-shot or 3-shot bursts. 

7 hours ago, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

Hickey was sitting on a leather [ammo] case which is itself sitting on a larger [AR15] leather case sitting on the back seat.

I wonder if you have images of ammo/AR-15 cases from the era that we can compare with the cases on the back seat of the follow-up car? I'm not saying they aren't, and it makes sense that this would be the case, but someone else I know has said the cases are "luggage."

5 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

Is or is not the head shot visible in Bronson? 

Good question. I don't think it is. The film cuts off as the limo becomes hidden by tree branches, and that's where I think the AR-15 head shot occurred. And if a head shot does appear in the Bronson film, can we trust it to be authentic? Note the damaged early frames showing the TSBD window.

4 hours ago, Denise Hazelwood said:

I contend that both films have been altered to a greater extent than most researchist realize. I do think the actual AR-15 head shot occurred at the FBI model location farther down Elm Street rather at than Z313, and the shot that occurred at the Mary Moorman photograph position was actually the one that hit Connally.

Who says it was on "auto"? I believe Donahue said it could be set on single-shot or 3-shot bursts. 

I wonder if you have images of ammo/AR-15 cases from the era that we can compare with the cases on the back seat of the follow-up car? I'm not saying they aren't, and it makes sense that this would be the case, but someone else I know has said the cases are "luggage."

Good question. I don't think it is. The film cuts off as the limo becomes hidden by tree branches, and that's where I think the AR-15 head shot occurred. And if a head shot does appear in the Bronson film, can we trust it to be authentic? Note the damaged early frames showing the TSBD window.

4 hours ago, Denise Hazelwood said:

Back in 1963 the AR15-601 had    SAFE  SEMI(ie 1 shot per sqeez)  AUTO (ie shoots while sqeezed)(until magazine empty if desired)(ie 20 i think). 
There was no (say 3 shot) burst back then. Praps BURST came in for the 602 (karnt remember).

I don’t know for sure about the 2 leather cases, they could have been for the shotgun or tommy gun or AR15 & ammo (all of which were on Queen Mary) (& possibly on the jfklimo too). 

I am presently looking at my (very blurry) copies of the Bronson footage frames, to look for the headshot etc, & to recalculate the timings (relative to the Z footage). I will be back.

Posted (edited)

Nominal Bronson Bframes 26 total Unger 's 2017 youtube UYB frames 20 total missing Unger     UYB     frames       6 total     Museum's    2017       copies  of     26 frames Museum's 2019 copies of 26 frames Z frame number if Bronson at 12fps & Zapruder at 18.3fps  

B01 UYB01     91963 297.3750  
B02 02A missing   91965 298.9000  
B03 UYB02     91967 300.4250  
B04 UYB03     91969 301.9500  
B05 UYB04     91971 303.4750  
B06 UYB05     91973 Z305 Left foot is on grass in B06 & in Z305.0 according to Weissman synchronisation.
B07 06A missing   91975 306.5250  
B08 UYB06     91977 308.0500  
B09 UYB07     91979 309.5750 Hickey is a half head higher in UYB07 (ie a half head below standing Agents).
B10 08A missing   91981 311.1000  
          Z312 91981.59             At say Z312.0 Hickey fires last shot of accidental auto burst of at least 4 shots.
B11 UYB08     91983 312.6250 Weissman says Z313 is just past 91983 (ie i reckon at 91983.25).
          Z313 91983.25            At Z313.0 JFK's head has exploded.
B12 UYB09     91985 314.1500 Single blobby stick can be seen in UYB09 (at 50deg). Swishing AR15 can be seen in 91985 (45deg to 55deg).
B13 UYB10     91987 315.6750  
B14 UYB11     91989 317.2000 The AR15 can be seen in UYB11 (at 85deg).
B15 12A missing   91991 318.7250  
B16 UYB12     91993 320.2500 Double sticks can be seen in UYB12 (at 00deg).
B17 UYB13     91995 321.7750  
B18 UYB14     91997 323.3  
B19 15A missing   91999 324.825  
B20 15B missing   92001 326.35  
B21 UYB15     92003 327.8750  
B22 UYB16     92005 329.4000  
B23 UYB17     92007 330.9250  
B24 UYB18     92009 332.4500  
B25 UYB19     92011 333.9750 Weissman's report shows large copy of B25, small copies of 91993 91985 &91983, large of 91973.
B26 UYB20 blurry   92013 335.5000  

On 7/31/2022 at 5:15 PM, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

I reckon that Hickey fired an accidental auto burst of 4 or 5 or 6 shots with his AR15, & that the last shot hit jfk in the head at Z313, & (say) the first shot bloodied Tague. 

I am wondering which members agree that .....

1. Hickey fired at least one shot.

2. Hickey fired the fatal shot at Z313.

Anyone not agreeing with (1) or (2) need not answer -- a no answer is a no vote -- but comments & insults are welcome.

My work concludes a "modified" Donahue theory. He made some mistakes with his theory, but that was because he relied on altered evidence (the Z-film) and was constraining himself to 3 total shots. He also did not use the correct entrance wound location on Kennedy's back, which was about 5.5" below the neck line when he was analyzing the Single Bullet Theory, but used the (incorrect) base-of-the-neck location as depicted in the WC drawings. Much of the contrary evidence came out after Donahue's work, which was largely completed in 1977.

1. Yes, Hickey fired at least one shot. (To be clear, I'm pretty sure it was only one, however.)

2. The head shot at Z313 was a product of film alteration. The actual head shot happened further down Elm Street, where the FBI "Visual Aid" model puts it, not at the Mary Moorman position. Moorman thought her picture was simultaneous with the "first" shot because she saw Kennedy "slumped" in her picture. It was the next shot after she took her picture, when she was still looking through the viewfinder, when she saw Kennedy's "hair lift" for the actual head shot.

I reckon that Hickey fired an accidental auto burst of 4 or 5 or 6 shots with his AR15, & that the last shot hit jfk in the head at Z313, & (say) the first shot bloodied Tague. 

Anyone not agreeing with (1) or (2) need not answer -- a no answer is a no vote -- but comments & insults are welcome.

My work concludes a "modified" Donahue theory. He made some mistakes with his theory, but that was because he relied on altered evidence (the Z-film) and was constraining himself to 3 total shots. He also did not use the correct entrance wound location on Kennedy's back, which was about 5.5" below the neck line when he was analyzing the Single Bullet Theory, but used the (incorrect) base-of-the-neck location as depicted in the WC drawings. Much of the contrary evidence came out after Donahue's work, which was largely completed in 1977.

1. Yes, Hickey fired at least one shot. (To be clear, I'm pretty sure it was only one, however.)

2. The head shot at Z313 was a product of film alteration. The actual head shot happened further down Elm Street, where the FBI "Visual Aid" model puts it, not at the Mary Moorman position. Moorman thought her picture was simultaneous with the "first" shot because she saw Kennedy "slumped" in her picture. It was the next shot after she took her picture, when she was still looking through the viewfinder, when she saw Kennedy's "hair lift" for the actual head shot.

Posted (edited)

MEMBER SURVEY ----------- I reckon that Hickey fired an accidental auto burst of 4 or 5 or 6 shots with his AR15, & that the last shot hit jfk in the head at Z313, & (say) the first shot bloodied Tague. I am wondering which members agree that .....

Anyone not agreeing with (1) or (2) need not answer -- a no answer is a NO & NO vote -- but comments & insults are welcome.

SURVEY RESULT TO DATE ---------- I think that 33 members voted NO & NO (see below).

Plus one possible YES & NO (Jamey Flanagan)(22).

Plus one possible YES & half YES (Denise Hazelwood)(26).

And my own YES & YES.

SURVEY COMMENTS ----------

1. Vince Palamara –---- obscene dumb theory. 

2. Pat Speer –----------- Hickey would have to be standing at Z313, not seen in Bronson. 

3. Micah Mileto -------- its stuff like this that makes me seriously worry that one day….. 

4. Larry Hancock ------- a truly bogus shooting scenario -- needs to be buried. 

5. Lawrence Schnapf -– stupid – needs to be buried. 

6. Ken Davies ------------ fantasy – no basis in fact – no evidence supports it. I will vote for anyone who can kill this thread🥸 

7. Michael Davidson --- a shot or shots came from Daltex (Michael originally thort the book was ok, but now thinks there is a lack of support from witnesses). 

8. Jeremy Bojczuk ------ ridiculous nonsense. 

9. Joseph McBride ------ preposterous – a distraction. 

10. Mark Knight ----------- no insider has ever come forward. 

11. Denny Zartman ------- the Smoking Gun doc is naturally satisfying to lots of folks. No one believes this theory except you. 

12. Tom Gram --------------  complete waste of time – should be allowed to die. 

13. David Von Pein -------- absurd – the theory is bogus. 

14. Chris Davidson -------- shows giff of Bronson showing Hickey seated. 

15. Ty Carpenter ----------- Hickey theory is trash. 

16. Pete Mellor ------------- just to get a reaction – the book Moral Error should be avoided. 

17. Gerry Down ------------- did not vote – commented re Hickey's high seating pozzy. 

18. Ron Bulman -------------- this thread was a Mortal Error. 

19. Karl Hilliard --------------- a strange poll. 

20. Sean Coleman ----------- not convinced marj. 

21. Derek Thibeault ------------- I don't believe he fired anything. 

22. Jamey Flanagan ------------- (1) possible YES ………….(2) NO.

While I certainly don't think Hickey was responsible for the headshot, I do think it is a more plausible explanation than the magic bullet theory, lol! If I were the FBI or CIA, as soon as Hickey died I woulda took that theory and ran with it and wrote it all up as a big accident as kind of a limited hangout. I woulda been like, hey, you got us, we've been covering up but here's why and it's this innocent explanation and we had to lie about it to save this man's reputation. And many conspiracy guys woulda bought that and fell for it. Several would not have but many would. 

23. Chris Davidson ------------- Too many variables --------- I am predicting that Hickey doesn't do what you imagine him doing. It's not too difficult following his movements from the beginning, especially after he turns from looking in Z's direction to straight ahead. The flesh/face tone is quite obvious. Maybe enlarging/rotating the film will help. 

24. Sean Coleman ----------- Marjan, you give me the confidence to voice my theories of Mr.Z shooting JFK with a weapon concealed in his camera, the triple overpass train driver shooting JFK with an ice bullet and Jackie O shooting JFK with a pistol concealed in a lamb chop puppet….keep up the good work! Rock n roll!! 

25. Michael Griffith ---------- I answer No to both survey questions --- You're talking about Howard Donahue's theory, a theory that is now championed, with some modifications, by Denise Hazelwood. Donahue, a firearms expert, recognized that the ammo that hit Kennedy's head did not behave like the ammo that Oswald allegedly used. 

26. Denise Hazelwood ------- I am putting Denise down as a YES & half YES.

27. David Josephs ------------ There is no one there buddy....  Hickey is not standing up...  Maybe take a few days and read thru this forum... give you a much better idea of what occurred than wild speculation...

28. Karl Kinaski ------------------- This is a clownworld thread, isn't it? I heard JFK slipped on a banana peel in Dallas.-

29. David Andrews ---------- Off topic, but for those who posted videos: perhaps the greatest JFKA song before Dylan, The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead by XTC.  I'm convinced the "pumpkinhead" reference was inspired by Z-313.  You are not a better threadkiller than me.  I can get the votes.

30. Evan Marshall --------- An AR-15 is a semiauto rifle and is incapable of firing a burst of rounds. I currently own three and they are weapons designed and capable of firing only one round at a time.  Well, perhaps but it wasn't fired anyway and did all the bullets you claim were all end up in JFK?  Nonsense. I've shot thousands of rounds out of AR-15's. M-16's, and M4's and the round never landed in my lap though I did once get a hot 5.56 case between me and my body armor in the middle of a drug raid that left me with a nifty scar! 

31. Matthew Koch --------- Still doesn't beat the Professor Brothers.. 

32. Joe Bauer --------- It seems to me that Hickey didn't raise his automatic rifle until after the JFK head shot.

And Clint Hill himself was in the line of fire when Hickey started blasting away...correct?

33. Michael Crane ----------- The dictabelt or whatever they used to hear gunshots didn't even pick it up. That would be a big no from me Dog. That's right up there with Greer shooting JFK. Those dogs don't hunt.

34. Norman T Field ----------- Perhaps you could just stop wasting our time with this disproven theory that does not align with other known facts?

35. Donald Willis --------- I find the Hickey story intriguing, mainly because an LN on alt.assassination.jfk, Claviger by name, endorsed it, some years ago.  He still considered himself an LN because, even if the Hickey story were true, Hickey was not part of a conspiracy.  Like everyone before him (such as Dale Myers), Claviger made the trajectory fit his theory.  I couldn't quite get HOW, but it made me question all the other official and unofficial trajectories.  And, yes, not incidentally, Claviger also read my 12 points re DPD Insp. Sawyer, and agreed that he came off as somewhat of a loon.

On 9/27/2023 at 12:43 AM, Norman T. Field said:

Perhaps you could just stop wasting our time with this disproven theory that does not align with other known facts?

One contrary fact & Hickey is out. Give me one fact.

Posted (edited)

How did Robin Unger miss 6 of the 26 frames?

Weissman tells us that the Museum gave him 26 2017 frames & 26 2019 frames. So, we can assume that that Bronson sequence in mid Elm St had at least 26 frames. But, praps there were more than 26, ie the Museum might have hidden some frames. But lets assume that there were only 26.

(1) Praps the Museum's 2017 youtube had 6 frames missing koz the Museum wilfully hid 6  frames.

(2) Praps the Museum's 2017 youtube had 6 frames missing koz the Museum accidentally hid 6  frames.

(3) Praps Robin Unger missed seeing/finding 6 of the 26 frames on youtube.

(4) Praps Robin skipped copying the 6 frames koz the 6 were too blurry. This is unlikely, if true then whey did Robin include his last frame UYB20 even tho this was very blurry.

Re (1), would the Museum hide frames that obviously showed the AR15?

Posted (edited)
On 2/25/2024 at 11:02 AM, Pat Speer said:

Weissman in his report shows a small blowup of the 2019  91983 & 91985.

91984 (& all of the other even numbered frames) is only a repeat of 91983 so that the 12 fps Bronson film runs at 24 fps for modern viewers. But in some of the Museum's other Bronson films every second frame is duplicated, i think this is based on converting 16 fps to 24 fps (which is a mystery) (care needed).

Anyhow, the small blow-ups of 91983 & 91985 in the report are too blurry to show a head jerk i think.

Weissman says that Z305.0 equals 91973.0. If so, & if Z runs at 18.3 fps & B runs at 12 fps, & if Hickey fires at Z312.0, then Z312.0 corresponds to 91981.59.

We see Hickey with his bum back down on his hi-seat (sitting on 2 leather cases) holding his AR15 at 50 deg in  UYB09 (2017 copy of film) which is  91985 (2019 copy of film)(this part of 91985 is shown in Weissman's report).

So, Hickey has from 91981.59 to 91983 to 91985 to fall from his ¾ standing pozzy down to his ½ standing/sitting pozzy.

This is say 1.41 Bronson frames (the even numbers are only repeats), to fall down a half head vertically, plus fall back a small distance horizontally. Two Bronson frames is say 2/12ths of a second. Not impossible.

It was rotten luck, he was only doing his job.