The Education Forum

The second bag in the post-office ?

On 8/19/2022 at 7:38 AM, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

Something is indeed visible like Pa., perhaps Palace, Palin...

no idea, please dont tell me it's Paine... 😃

Naamloosbag.jpg

That does look like "Pai"

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/19/2022 at 10:15 AM, Ian Lloyd said:

I can't help thinking the way "Lee Oswald" is written on the envelope looks to me like it's been done by someone trying to copy Oswald's handwriting...it just looks too deliberate, neat and doesn't give me the impression that it's naturally spontaneous or "free-flowing"...doesn't quite have the same "lean" to the writing either...very precise on the line...

Exactly what I was getting ready to write!  The "Texas" on the last line looks remarkably like Lee's version of the word.

On 8/19/2022 at 11:51 AM, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

Timing o/t postmark was said to be 5.30 AM

bag stamp a.jpg

Do I correctly recall that there is a second version of this memo that reads "were found to not differ in observable" etc.?

I was looking to compare some handwriting examples

The "closest" I could get to the writing on the bag is from his Mexican visa application (excluding the H that is), that where/where not fake ?   So, not yet there. 

Unless it was the same "faker" ???

Another thing, Oswald used fake adresses on all of his PO box applications etc, so thàt would not be a surprise, 

Initially Dallas was written on the mystery package, changed to Irving (in another handwriting, so somebody must have know he could be reached in Irving, right ?  Someone at the postoffice I would guess

Perhaps Tom Gram can have a quick look at this...

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans
Pictures removed to save space

Important evidence in the bigger picture.  It wasn't returned to sender because in addition to the non existent delivery address and obfuscation of the addressee.  No West Nassau St. in Dallas or Irving. 

On 8/25/2022 at 4:40 AM, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

So the above writing vs. this one

PaperBagPackage1.jpg

Nice find. its pretty close.

On 8/27/2022 at 10:07 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Nice find. its pretty close.

Thanks, the package not being Oswalds writing would be "normal".

But the Mexican Visa is especially different in the way the " O " is written, it's more like on the package and  not like his other writings...  

Pictures removed to save space

Leaving the topic with this, have been trying to find something on lifting the label, or looking inside-out the bag (should/could show traces of writing), but nope... 

If anyone finds something, anything...

About the non-existing address.

LHO usually wrote an unexisting address on the section 3 for his Postbox-applications (checked the instructions "all but special delivery" and further he would mention a fake address.

For all I know that would not be a problem except for the time he was alledgedly expecting his weapons to arrive.  In that case he wanted a real address I would think.

Problem is that there is not PO box appl./section 3 mentioning Nassaustr (unless it was thàt that was discarded.