The Education Forum

A little fun topic : what are your JFK memorabilia ?

Just to brighten up the forum a little.

I was wondering what kind of meorabilia you guys have ? 

11/22 newspapers / replica M-C riffles / I have heard of JFK stamp collectors / JFK coins and tokens / keyhangers / the works...  

Please show pref. with picture

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'll dig into this box on the shelf to my left that I've not been into in at least a couple of years tomorrow or Monday.  I thought I had a copy of D magazine from the second anniversary headlined Oswald's Ghost.  Looking online for it all I find is this.  

Texas Monthly Magazine Oswald's Ghost cover (November 1983): Gregory Curtis: Amazon.com: Books

Possibly my favorite piece of memorabilia is the bumper sticker on the wall behind me.  It says simply "Who Killed JFK", white with large black print.  At the end in smaller print: JFK Assassination Information Center, West End Marketplace, Dallas Tx.

That was run by Cleburne Texas researcher J. Gary Shaw, Dallas researcher Larry Howard and Bud Fensterwald.  The last two passed in 93' and 91' respectively.  I bought the bumper sticker at the Center on my first trip to the TSBD (I'd passed it many times) somewhere in the early 90's, I think from one of them.  I remember a man several years older than I at the time.  He asked if we'd like to take the tour, of the back room with more documents and pictures for I think a couple of bucks.  Already awed by the TSBD (at the time, the view primarily) we passed.  I'll always regret that.

SHAW LEGACY (projectjfk.com)

12 hours ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

Just to brighten up the forum a little.

I was wondering what kind of meorabilia you guys have ? 

11/22 newspapers / replica M-C riffles / I have heard of JFK stamp collectors / JFK coins and tokens / keyhangers / the works...  

Please show pref. with picture

My humble research centre that I’m sure pales in comparison to some guys here…

Note historic genuine vintage copy ‘Hands off Cuba’ leaflet authentically not touched by LHO.

Also, two GLARING mistakes……..Bill O’Reilly’s book and the dedication of far too much bookshelf space for my wife to use.

Edited by Sean Coleman
Stupid pic won’t load…..

4 minutes ago, Sean Coleman said:

Note historic genuine vintage copy ‘Hands off Cuba’ leaflet authentically not touched by LHO.

Also, two GLARING mistakes……..Bill Reilly’s book and the dedication of far too much bookshelf space for my wife to use.

LOL

Nothing too crazy. Some uncommon books such as Red Roses From Texas (both US and much more common Italian ed.). Manuscripts, newsletters, Cutler map. Life magazines. Vinyl records (with speeches, etc.). Danish newspapers and magazines covering the assassination. Nearly all of it is in storage, but I could take some pictures when and if I get around to it.

16 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Maybe I'll dig into this box on the shelf to my left that I've not been into in at least a couple of years tomorrow or Monday.  I thought I had a copy of D magazine from the second anniversary headlined Oswald's Ghost.  Looking online for it all I find is this.  

Texas Monthly Magazine Oswald's Ghost cover (November 1983): Gregory Curtis: Amazon.com: Books

Possibly my favorite piece of memorabilia is the bumper sticker on the wall behind me.  It says simply "Who Killed JFK", white with large black print.  At the end in smaller print: JFK Assassination Information Center, West End Marketplace, Dallas Tx.

That was run by Cleburne Texas researcher J. Gary Shaw, Dallas researcher Larry Howard and Bud Fensterwald.  The last two passed in 93' and 91' respectively.  I bought the bumper sticker at the Center on my first trip to the TSBD (I'd passed it many times) somewhere in the early 90's, I think from one of them.  I remember a man several years older than I at the time.  He asked if we'd like to take the tour, of the back room with more documents and pictures for I think a couple of bucks.  Already awed by the TSBD (at the time, the view primarily) we passed.  I'll always regret that.

SHAW LEGACY (projectjfk.com)

Wow, what a name "JFK Assassination Information Center".  I would have gone for "The Fourth Shell Museum" or something like that (the backroom would be empty, just one shell on a table in the middle displaying "The Fourth Shell"), no pictures allowed !  

Thank you for the link to that website, has some great pictures ! 

The JFKA keeps amazing me every day, on memorabilia : someone got me a keychain, don't have a clue where it came from otherwise (he didn't either, some estate-sale), there's a bunch of them out there, probably sold thousands of them in tourist shops in Dallas.

I never made it into Dallas, the closest was when we had to take another flight in Fort Worth, didn't have much time, I did go  outside a few minutes... to rush back in... it was darn hot (was in july or august, sometime in the 1980's) !!!  The Airline company was Branif (?) or something like that, they had orange (?) 747's

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans
Pictures removed to save space

3 hours ago, Sean Coleman said:

Also, two GLARING mistakes……..Bill O’Reilly’s book and the dedication of far too much bookshelf space for my wife to use.

I had read on Bill O’Reilly's story with GDM. Didn't know he had written a book on it (I suppose that's were the story came from)

It's good to learn about things not to buy as well, The Hands off Cuba’ leaflet is a gem 😃

19 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

That first tour of the TSBD was 2/7/92 per the ticket stub to the TSBD.  So, I didn't meet Fensterwald.

That ticket cost $4.  I don't remember it being really crowded.  Found another ticket today from February 1995, it was still $4 to get in.  The cap I wear in my picture here says "USS John F. Kennedy, CV-67" with a ship image between those.  It was about the only thing worth buying in the Oswald did it Sixth Floor Museum gift shop in November 2013.  

Edited by Ron Bulman

9 hours ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

I had read on Bill O’Reilly's story with GDM. Didn't know he had written a book on it (I suppose that's were the story came from)

It's good to learn about things not to buy as well, The Hands off Cuba’ leaflet is a gem 😃

Bill wrote a book, Killing Kennedy.  He claimed at one time to have been on the doorstep trying to contact GDM when the shotgun went off.  He was a TV reporter in Dallas at the time and received a call from George's lawyer in Florida informing him of his client's death (why?).  Bill then called HSCA investigator Gaeton Fonzi who was in Florida to talk to GDM (he had Fonzi's business car in his pocket when he died) to see what he knew about what had happened.  Fonzi had not yet heard about it when O'Rielly called.  The latter part is detailed in Fonzi's book The Last Investigation.

Bill O'Reilly finally addresses JFK questions (cnn.com)

Amazon.com: The Last Investigation: What Insiders Know about the Assassination of JFK: 9781626360785: Fonzi, Gaeton, Fonzi, Marie: Books

I went through my box this afternoon.  Put the newspapers/articles and magazines in order by date along with organizing print outs and other stuff.

Here's a list of the newspaper items with a few comments.

1.  Denton (Tx) Record-Chronicle, 11/23/1963.  Encased in a plastic sleeve, I think I bought this at the TSBD gift shop in 2013.  Headline: President's Funeral Will Be Held At Noon Monday.  Front page articles: The Day After: Sorrow, Problems, World Stunned By Death, Connally Reported To Be Ok, 'I Did Not Kill Him,' Calm Oswald Claims, President's Assassination Halts Area Sports Activity.

2.  Parade Magazine, 11/13/1983.  Ted Kennedy on cover, article How I Remember Jack.

3.  Fort Worth Star Telegram, Sunday 11/20/ 1983.  Front page, top: Turning Point: A 32 page special section (articles inside), Twenty Years Ago, A Daddy Died, NBC Sunday Night Presentation, Two New Books.  Also on front page, His Legacy Was Hope > pg. 12a, After 1000 days of hope, 20 years of reality. W/ color drawing of JFK, a guy floating in a space suit and castle towers behind him (Camelot).

4. FWST, 11/20/1988.  Section 3, half page picture of the eternal flame plus article, Artifacts (rest of page) > /Echos on back page plus Official findings don't sway the man for whom the puzzle pieces just don't fit.

5.  Dallas Times Herald, 8/7/1990.  Article(s), Another Kennedy Assassin, Ricky White's story about his dad Roscoe White, and, Experts: Latest JFK claim 'fairy tale'.

6.  Dallas Morning News, 4/14/1991, Arts/Section C. Headline, JFK The Mystery Becomes The Movie.  Articles, Director Oliver Stone tells why he tackled the big story of his time, A maverick who's become a power, If past assassination films are any indication, JFK faces an uphill battle.

7.  FWST, Monday, 4/29/1991.  Section C/Life 3/4 of its front page, Addressing History, Movie JFK is renewing interest in the places Oswald called home.

8.  DMN, Monday, 7/15/1991.  Section C/Today, 2/3 of its front page plus pg. 2C.  Article: The Burden Of Proof, Gayle Nix Jackson interviewed about Orville Nix filmed what he though was a second gunman at the JFK assassination.

9.  FWST, 11/23/1991.  Front page, 1/3 of JFK memory and mystery still live w/pict of TSBD and flowers below the grassy knoll.  Story on page 25, Hundred gather in Dallas to relive Kennedy slaying.

10.  DMN, Sunday, 11/21, 1993.  Front page, 1/4, w/picture of guy in Fair Play For Oswald Committee shirt.  Headline: Enduring Intrigue, After 30 years, JFK seluths continue to stoke the controversy.  Continued on pg. 32A.

11.  FWST, Sunday, 11/22/1998.  Section F/Weekly review, 2/3 page.  How I got in the Warren report, Phil Record, reporter helped entertain SSA's the night before in Fort Worth.  The lilting joy of hosting my president.  Jim Wright, FW congressman, later speaker of the house.

12.  FWST, Sunday, 10/27/2013.  Opinion, pg. 5D.  Relive JFK's visit to Cowton 50 years ago.  Art exhibits, photographs.

13.  FWST, Sunday, 11/17/2013.  Front page.  Headline:  JFK 50 years Later, 2 pict's  JFK in crowd in FW, "Oswald" with guns and pamphlets.  12 page special section plus Here's a story about JFK's visit you likely haven't heard.

14.  FWST, Saturday, 11/23/2013.  Front page, 2/3 w pict of color guard marching down Main St in Dallas the day before.  Headline: Dreamer's legacy lives on, Fort Worth pays tribute to 'the last good memory'.  Plus, ...recall the energy JFK brought to town in 1963, and People worldwide honor a man whose contributions reached beyond the U.S. 

I have to say Belgian newspapers kept up pretty good in the first few weeks following 11/22.

But little or nothing an the later 10y/20y/... memorial "happenings"

Other memorabilia are rare, but sometimes something pops up, a few weeks ago I was offered

a 38 M-C, I have little or no interest in rifles and he was asking too much (for me that is, I don't know

what they sell for), this one was de-mil (not working) and he asked 350 euro.  It was the first time

I had seen one for sale over here.  

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans
Pictures removed to save space

But in my photo camera collection there is ofcourse a Minox III  (next to a bunch of other Minox and other models).   

Well, it's actually the camera's that have gotten me into the JFKA.