The Education Forum

A little fun topic : what are your JFK memorabilia ?

"But I'll have to figure out what the difference is between the Queen Mary II versus the Queen Elisabeth II ?"

Received some information today, the QM II and QE II were basically identical, they were used in parades together (e.g. the Presidential Parade with Chroetsjov in Washington in 1959)

The Queen Mary II was kept in the USA when they stopped using it

The Queen Elisabeth II however ended up in Paris/France. 

Next is was bought by a Belgian collector Charly De Pauw, it was in his private collection for some years. 

Next it was sold it another Belgian collector Christian Mahy, Christian was the founder/owner of the Autoworld Museum* in Brussels, where the QE II was on display for some years. 

In 1998 the car was sold again (to finance the Museum they could not keep all their cars) 

In 2001 it was sold - for the last time - to be united with the QM II in the USA. 

*Autoworld was founded in 1986.  The founder - Christian Mahy - died in 1999 but his museum still exists.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

Oops, forgotten my own... a bit of everything.. the pile under the Presidential Lincoln are prints I made from books, some essays and prints from websites like Pat Speer's.  And some of my old toys to give it the period-touch.  Looking at the picture I notice I have forgotten to put one of my Minox up there... 

032.jpg

J.P. Interesting to see your model of the presidential Lincoln, it's different to mine, as I have all six figures, dressed as per 22/11/63.  Also, I note that your car has the two flags on the wrong sides.  On the day the American flag was on JFK's/passenger side.

16 hours ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

People here that have read "Praise from a Future Generation" and would like to share their ideas ??

$200 is a hunk of bread for the book.  Incidentally, that was the figure I was quoted in Dallas for the model car, which I didn't take up.  But, Kelin's PFAFG is a very interesting read, worth getting, and available on Amazon for $40-$50.

I'm gonna have to swith the flags as it seems 😃 I really didn't notice.

Just received today the Queen Elisabeth II model and the much smaller French Presidential Simca, it's just crazy looking at them side by side... Kennedy must have had a good laugh getting into the Simca in Paris

On Kelin's PFAFG, I got some great help today from a forum member in getting the book !

Added the QE II and the French Simca

Also  - just for the picture... - I added some of my "spy-camera collection".  There's a lot more spy-stuff in that collection but not JFK related. 

The camera's I added for the pictures are some of my Minox camera's, and some Russian and Japanese spy-camera's.   Well... the early versions were spy-camera's, the ones sold as from circa 1955 were merely luxury-gadgets.  By 1960 they had much better camera's to do actual spy-work...  Anyway, I'm happy with my Model II with early serial number  😃😃😃

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans
Removed to save on attachments space

1 hour ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

Added the QE II and the French Simca

Also  - just for the picture... - I added some of my "spy-camera collection".  There's a lot more spy-stuff in that collection but not JFK related. 

The camera's I added for the pictures are some of my Minox camera's, and some Russian and Japanese spy-camera's.   Well... the early versions were spy-camera's, the ones sold as from circa 1955 were merely luxury-gadgets.  By 1960 they had much better camera's to do actual spy-work...  Anyway, I'm happy with my Model II with early serial number  😃😃😃 

004.jpg

Great picture!

I thought of a fun/sick one. Some years back, the director of the film "The Commission", Mark Sobel, asked me to come by his house. He wanted to insert color images of JFK's corpse into his film, to contrast with the black and white footage of the commissioners, and thought I would be a good match. So he faked an autopsy table and had me lay on my side for an hour or so, while he added a fake bullet wound and red marks to my back. He then took stills and footage of me laying there, zoomed in so close you couldn't tell I had my pants on or that I wasn't JFK. 

Now, shortly thereafter he got sidetracked by an RFK documentary, and after that we lost touch, so I don't know if he ever completed an alternate version of his film which included shots of me as the corpse. 

So here comes the memorabilia angle. There's a little box on my bookcase that I open up every now and then when asking "What's in here?" Only to find it contains the little fake bullet hole Mark attached to my back. 

If the movie ever receives its much delayed release and gains a cult following, I'm putting the "bullet wound" up on eBay. 

Not really. But I bet someone out there would want it. 

Edited by Pat Speer

11 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I thought of a fun/sick one. Some years back, the director of the film "The Commission", Mark Sobel, asked me to come by his house. He wanted to insert color images of JFK's corpse into his film, to contrast with the black and white footage of the commissioners, and thought I would be a good match. So he faked an autopsy table and had me lay on my side for an hour or so, while he added a fake bullet wound and red marks to my back. He then took stills and footage of me laying there, zoomed in so close you couldn't tell I had my pants on or that I wasn't JFK. 

Now, shortly thereafter he got sidetracked by an RFK documentary, and after that we lost touch, so I don't know if he ever completed an alternate version of his film which included shots of me as the corpse. 

So here comes the memorabilia angle. There's a little box on my bookcase that I open up every now and then when asking "What's in here?" Only to find it contains the little fake bullet hole Mark attached to my back. 

If the movie ever receives its much delayed release and gains a cult following, I'm putting the "bullet wound" up on eBay. 

Not really. But I bet someone out there would want it. 

Cool story !  So... somewhere out there... euhh...  are some really really weird pictures of you ? 😃

4 hours ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

Cool story !  So... somewhere out there... euhh...  are some really really weird pictures of you ? 😃

I play JFK's corpse in Mark Sobel's The Commission. Last I heard, anyway...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310906/

2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I play JFK's corpse in Mark Sobel's The Commission.

Must be a dead ringer Pat.

6 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I play JFK's corpse in Mark Sobel's The Commission. Last I heard, anyway...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310906/

@Pat Speer trying to find the film from here in Belgium.... no luck so far.  The regular Channels lik Netflix, PPV, nope so far.    There has to be an online service where I can order it, just don't know where to start.  Could be some streaming service,... no idea.

Not sure it was released on DVD in Europe ?  

Thanks for any tips !