The Education Forum

"He was put in a bronze colored plastic casket"

20 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Rich, 

Is there some reason this couldn't be disposed of on land through conventional methods? Doesn't it all sound a bit over-elaborate? 

Some years ago, I came across an article that said RFK wanted the coffin disposed of in that manner so that no one could locate and use the coffin for either monetary gain by placing the coffin for viewing and charging a price to do so, or just morbid curiosity.  I think, probably as RFK might have, that JFK deserved better than that.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rich Taylor said:

Some years ago, I came across an article that said RFK wanted the coffin disposed of in that manner so that no one could locate and use the coffin for either monetary gain by placing the coffin for viewing and charging a price to do so, or just morbid curiosity.  I think, probably as RFK might have, that JFK deserved better than that.

If it was indeed bronze cant it be melted down, incinerated, crushed at the tip etc? It just doesn’t seem very logical/practical. A lot has been attributed to RFK after he died. He has almost become a character to explain things away IMHO.

1 hour ago, Chris Barnard said:

If it was indeed bronze cant it be melted down, incinerated, crushed at the tip etc? It just doesn’t seem very logical/practical. A lot has been attributed to RFK after he died. He has almost become a character to explain things away IMHO.

When it comes to that casket, I tend to believe RFK did just that. 

In 1999, documents were released regarding the casket’s fate following its stay in the National Archives. Robert Kennedy, the United States Attorney General at the time, had approached the government about having it buried at sea, to ensure it never fell into the hands of those who would exploit his brother’s death.

John F. Kennedy's First Casket Was Buried At Sea (warhistoryonline.com)

Edited by Rich Taylor

27 minutes ago, Rich Taylor said:

When it comes to that casket, I tend to believe RFK did just that. 

You might be right, Rich. Just seems very over-elaborate. 

26 minutes ago, Rich Taylor said:

In 1999, documents were released regarding the casket’s fate following its stay in the National Archives. Robert Kennedy, the United States Attorney General at the time, had approached the government about having it buried at sea, to ensure it never fell into the hands of those who would exploit his brother’s death.

John F. Kennedy's First Casket Was Buried At Sea (warhistoryonline.com)

Did O’Neal relinquish possession before September 1964? RFK stops being AG then. 

18 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

You might be right, Rich. Just seems very over-elaborate. 

Did O’Neal relinquish possession before September 1964? RFK stops being AG then. 

If I remember correctly, the government was in control of the casket until its disposal.  O'neils wanted the casket back so they could sell it to someone that was interested in purchasing it for $100,000, but the kennedy family were not having any of that happen.  RFK lobbied to have the casket disposed of by the government in 1964 which was later approved and then the casket was consigned to the depths of the atlantic in 1966.

Edited by Rich Taylor

Was O'Neal ever paid for the casket? I recall reading somewhere that he was not. Just can't remember where I read that.

If he was paid, did the Kennedy family pay him, or did the US government?

On 10/3/2022 at 4:51 PM, Chris Barnard said:

Rich, 

Is there some reason this couldn't be disposed of on land through conventional methods? Doesn't it all sound a bit over-elaborate? 

Hi Chris, 

This is the only video clip I've seen on the subject, it answers your question. (Feel free to stop watching when Posner starts talking ; ) 

On 10/6/2022 at 3:37 AM, Matthew Koch said:

Hi Chris, 

This is the only video clip I've seen on the subject, it answers your question. (Feel free to stop watching when Posner starts talking ; ) 

Thank you, Matthew / Rich. I stand corrected.

The misuse of tax payers money doesn’t surprise me all that much. 

PS I switched off before Posner spoke. 🙂 

11 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Thank you, Matthew / Rich. I stand corrected..."

PS I switched off before Posner spoke. 🙂 

No problemo, it's kinda funny that the video is from Gerald Posner's YouTube channel. He's Gen X Boomer cusp and doesn't know how to rip analog to digital so he filmed his Tv, lols. 
The thing I thought from the video that was intriguing was the mention of sand bags in the Casket.. (Granted the sandbag mention isn't in this way, but it got me thinking) 
And I was like; 'That would be really smart to throw sandbags into a coffin (Especially if they weighted close to the person who is supposed to be inside) if you were going to steal a body, because  no one is going to open it. 

Sandbags in a Bronze casket with holes drilled in it were insurance that it would sink to the bottom and stay at 9,000 deep in the ocean.  Safe from exploitation by those alive during the time it was done, and hopefully a few future generations.  Maybe his (supposed) brain was in it. 

I think Doug Horne has made a compelling case that JFK's body was switched from the ceremonial casket to a shipping casket on the plane trip from Dallas, that there was a secret pre-autopsy manipulation of the body, and that his body was then put back into the ceremonial casket.

I raise the possibility in my books on the case

that Kennedy's body was not in the coffin

removed under threat of gunfire from the

hallway at Parkland Hospital, which could have

been why the Secret Service went to such

extreme measures. A tunnel existed that could

have been used to spirit the body out of Parkland

without it being spotted. 

Knowing nothing about ballistics, I'm very confused. Though I won't dispute it, I don't understand how a bullet could blow out the back of JFK's head, yet the bullet itself remained in the head, lodged behind the right ear. And if a shot from the right front entered behind the right ear and remained there, that means it barely entered his head, as if it were a bad round. And if was an explosive bullet designed to leave no trace of itself, why was the bullet itself still there?

I have always thought, perhaps naively, that a bullet blowing out the back of the head would be gone out the back of the head. I never would have dreamed the bullet could have stayed close to where it entered the head.

On 10/8/2022 at 7:23 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Sandbags in a Bronze casket with holes drilled in it were insurance that it would sink to the bottom and stay at 9,000 deep in the ocean.  Safe from exploitation by those alive during the time it was done, and hopefully a few future generations.  Maybe his (supposed) brain was in it. 

Since the casket itself is solid bronze, even without sandbags, its so heavy that it would never see the light of day again.