The Education Forum

Elevators and Electricity

Ron Bulman

Dallas police officer James R. Leavelle (yes, the one handcuffed to Oswald when he was shot) said "I talked with Vickie Adams at 8:10 PM this date, February 17, 1964." in his report of a follow up interview with her.  The reason for this interview is dubious, he told her that the report of her prior interview had burned up in a fire at the DPD.

Relevant to this topic is the end of his report. "I went back into the building and to the passenger elevator, but the power was off.  I went to the back to the freight elevator.  There was two plainclothes men on it. However, the power on it was also turned off.  I walked up the stairs to the fourth floor to my office.  We were later told to leave."  "This concludes Miss Adams statement to me."

So, she told Leavelle three months later that both the passenger and freight elevators were off when she came back in.  Pages 104 - 105, Girl On The Stairs, Barry Earnst.

Edited by Ron Bulman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/6/2022 at 7:05 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Dallas police officer James R. Leavelle (yes, the one handcuffed to Oswald when he was shot) said "I talked with Vickie Adams at 8:10 PM this date, February 17, 1964." in his report of a follow up interview with her.  The reason for this interview is dubious, he told her that the report of her prior interview had burned up in a fire at the DPD.

Relevant to this topic is the end of his report. "I went back into the building and to the passenger elevator, but the power was off.  I went to the back to the freight elevator.  There was two plainclothes men on it. However, the power on it was also turned off.  I walked up the stairs to the fourth floor to my office.  We were later told to leave."  "This concludes Miss Adams statement to me."

So, she told Leavelle three months later that both the passenger and freight elevators were off when she came back in.  Pages 104 - 105, Girl On The Stairs, Barry Earnst.

She also reports hearing a police radio broadcast as she passed the front of the building heading back in (Baker's bike?).  The broadcast is documented happening at 12:38. So, were the elevators still off at say 12:40, when she would have gotten to the back ones?  

Parking this here for future reference as it's buried in the Killing Floor thread.

She also told office
workers that on the way down, she noticed the freight elevator cables
were moving.* I'm not sure what that would prove; but since I did not
notice that, that is what I meant when I said she was more observant.

Sandra Styles, E Mail to Sean Murphy in 2011.  R.E., Vicki Adams.

Sandra Styles (google.com)

Edited by Ron Bulman