The Education Forum

Elevators and Electricity

Ron Bulman

On 10/19/2022 at 1:04 AM, Ron Bulman said:

In any case we have Geneva Hines in Crossfire stating phones and electricity off before the assassination.  

No.

Hines did not say anything about the electricity being off.

She said the lights to the phones went dead because there were no incoming calls, nothing about the electricity being off.

It's myths like this which get repeated as fact that muddy the waters.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/19/2022 at 1:04 AM, Ron Bulman said:

Then Truly pushing the button and yelling up the freight elevator shaft twice before he and Baker give up and run up, to the second floor, and beyond.

If the safety doors to the freight elevators weren't closed, then the elevators would not function.  If I'm a would-be assassin up on the sixth floor and I didn't want unexpected company, then I'd leave the doors up (opened) so that no one could operate the elevator.  Remember, Oswald called for the elevator to be sent back up when Givens and the others went down to watch the motorcade.

Edited by Bill Brown

On 10/21/2022 at 11:53 PM, Ron Bulman said:

I think # 49 is the really big one.  If Vicki Adams told Sandra Styles the elevator cables were moving during their descent that's a game changer.  Someone(s) were on the way down in the elevator at the same time as them.  Between 30 seconds and a minute after shot's were fired.  With the electricity off?

Arriving on the first floor shortly before or after they did.  As Redlich wrote to his superiors, the West elevator deserved more investigation. 

Someone(s) were on the way down in the elevator at the same time as them.  Between 30 seconds and a minute after shot's were fired.

Yes.  Jack Dougherty.

With the electricity off?

No.  The electricity was never off.

On 10/27/2022 at 12:43 AM, Ron Bulman said:

I believe I remember Geneva Hines saying the lights were out at the time of the assassination (?).  Afterward, I don't remember anyone else noticing this.  Unusual.  I wonder if power was cut to the whole building or specific breakers?  Or flipped off/on as needed for elevator operation.

Hines said the lights to the phones were dead (because no one was calling in, which would illuminate the buttons on the phones).  She didn't say the lights to the building were dead.

6 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

No.

Hines did not say anything about the electricity being off.

She said the lights to the phones went dead because there were no incoming calls, nothing about the electricity being off.

It's myths like this which get repeated as fact that muddy the waters.

"I was alone until all the lights went out and the phones became dead because the motorcade was coming near us and no one was calling so I got up and thought I could see it from the east window in our office."  Pg. 44, Crossfire, revised edition.  Source, Warren Commission Report, Volume VI, pg. 695.

Ball just skipped right over the lights out/phones out bombshell and asked her if she could see the motorcade out the window.

17 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

"I was alone until all the lights went out and the phones became dead because the motorcade was coming near us and no one was calling so I got up and thought I could see it from the east window in our office."  Pg. 44, Crossfire, revised edition.  Source, Warren Commission Report, Volume VI, pg. 695.

Ball just skipped right over the lights out/phones out bombshell and asked her if she could see the motorcade out the window.

When she said "all the lights went out", she is referring to the lights on the phones.

1 hour ago, Bill Brown said:

When she said "all the lights went out", she is referring to the lights on the phones.

U appear to be one of the few sane people presently on this forum -- i guess that many leave after a while -- leaving the wankers far behind.

3 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

"when All the lights went out and the phones became dead" is what she said.

53 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

"when All the lights went out and the phones became dead" is what she [Geneva Hine] said.

But then her very next words were...

"...because the motorcade was coming near us and no one was calling..."

...which implies that when she used the word "dead", she merely meant that there was no phone-call activity at that time. I don't think she meant the phones wouldn't work at all.

When evaluating Geneva Hine's entire statement (which is from her Warren Commission testimony, at 6 H 395), I think Bill Brown has got it correct. Hine was talking only about the lights on the telephones and not about the lights or the electricity in the entire building when she said "the lights all went out"....

"I was alone until the lights all went out and the phones became dead because the motorcade was coming near us and no one was calling so I got up and thought I could see it from the east window in our office."  -- Geneva L. Hine

It's remarkable how something like Miss Hine's WC testimony above can get twisted and misinterpreted by conspiracy believers until it mushrooms into something conspiratorial and sinister, when in reality it's not the slightest bit sinister at all.

Edited by David Von Pein

28 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

But then her very next words were...

...which implies that when she used the word "dead", she merely meant that there was no phone-call activity at that time. I don't think she meant the phones wouldn't work at all.

When evaluating Geneva Hine's entire statement (which is from her Warren Commission testimony, at 6 H 395), I think Bill Brown has got it correct. Hine was talking only about the lights on the telephones and not about the lights or the electricity in the entire building when she said "the lights all went out"....

"I was alone until the lights all went out and the phones became dead because the motorcade was coming near us and no one was calling so I got up and thought I could see it from the east window in our office."

It's remarkable how something like Miss Hine's WC testimony above can get twisted and misinterpreted by conspiracy believers until it mushrooms into something conspiratorial and sinister, when in reality it's not the slightest bit sinister.

Just so weird because it happened at Dal-Tex building as well.

3 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

"when All the lights went out and the phones became dead" is what she [Geneva Hine] said.

Yes, let me rephrase it for you and Dave and BB "when All the Lights Went Out, And, the Phones Became Dead.

The lights in the area she was working in, the entrance.  And, the phones became Dead.  As in No Dial Tone.  

Do you think all calls just stopped from customers through the state, as well as book companies located elsewhere in Texas and other states?

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Do you think all calls just stopped from customers through the state, as well as book companies located elsewhere in Texas and other states?

Well, that's certainly what Miss Hine was implying when she said this....

Side Note....

If the electricity had gone completely out in the TSBD Building on Nov. 22, why didn't anyone else who was in the building at that time report any such power interruption? I know of no one who said anything about a power outage at about 12:30 on 11/22.

Are you, Ron Bulman, aware of any "power outage" witnesses---other than your interpretation of Geneva Hine's testimony?

Another Side Note Regarding The Telephones....

We can be pretty sure the phones in the Book Depository did not go "dead" right around the time of the assassination, because we have this additional Warren Commission testimony from Miss Geneva Hine, which is testimony at 6 H 396 which certainly implies that the TSBD telephones were working within a very very short time of when the shooting occurred:

"And there was a girl in there [the office of Southwestern Publishing Co.] talking on the telephone and I could hear her but she didn't answer the door. .... I called and called and shook the door and she didn't answer me because she was talking on the telephone; I could hear her. They have a little curtain up and I could see her form through the curtains. I could see her talking and I knew that's what she was doing."

Edited by David Von Pein

On 10/28/2022 at 6:45 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Let's re-emphasize this and interpret it in more depth. 

"All the lights went out".  All the lights in the entryway she was working in.  She didn't say and couldn't see the lights in the rest of the building.

"And, the phones became dead".  Not the lights on the phones went off.  The phones became Dead.  As in a 1963 telephone having no dial tone.  No lights in the ceiling or on the phone and no dial tone.

"because the motorcade was coming near us and no one was calling".  The phones didn't go dead because the motorcade came near and no one was calling.  No one was calling because the phones were dead.  People at school districts around Texas and book publishers in other states with offices in the TSBD didn't just quit calling.  They had no idea JFK was coming into Dealy Plaza at 12:30.