The Education Forum

Ruth Paine film playing in Dallas 11/20 and DC 11/22

Max Good

We have two screenings coming up for THE ASSASSINATION & MRS. PAINE.  Hope to see some of you there and please spread the word!

Sunday, November 20 at 7pm at the CAPA Conference in Dallas

• I'll be there for a Q&A after the film
  • This will be the Dallas premiere

Tuesday, November 22 at 7pm at the Alamo Drafthouse Theater in Washington DC

DC-Graphic_2160x1080_3-1024x512.jpg

Edited by Max Good

What's the "normal procedure" for a customer from Belgium/Europe (in getting the film on a recipient that would work with European devices) ?  

I'm not difficult, just saying if I have to use my son's  PS 3, that's no problem, if it works, fine with me.  

It's...  have been looking at Amazon, but that's not really clear, one referring to another, etc

I do not like an E-version of something that gives you like 3 months time to watch it (a rental type thing I guess).

I really like something like a DVD, or whatever carrier that I can store, and (re-)watch later on when I feel like (re-)watching it.

Perhaps you - or others - have had experiences with customers in the EU,  so..  all tips and tricks appreciated !

I do have DVD's for sale now.  Just message me for details. 

Also, a heads up that Sue Wheaton, who is featured in the film and who had suspicions about Ruth while they both worked in Nicaragua in the early 1990s, will be attending our screening tomorrow in Washington DC.  If anyone has questions for her, you should come and ask them... https://jfkpaine.eventbrite.com/

Here is a PDF of Sue Wheaton's statement on her experience with Ruth, "Occurrence in Nicaragua" written in 1992: http://jfkpage.com/Paine/Occurrence_in_Nicaragua.pdf

Edited by Max Good

I would imagine Larry Hancock, David Boylan and Paul Brancacto would love to be there to question Sue Wheaton.  Her letters are very revealing about Ruth.  Stockwell's statement is very prescient given tomorrow's anniversary.

How did the Dallas premier go? Comments?  Keep us posted on it and Washington.  Thanks for your work.

BLOODY COUP IN THE U.S. On November 22, 1963, a paramilitary team of about twelve men laid an ambush for President Kennedy in Dallas. Others manipulated the route of his motorcade. Shortly after he made the turn in front of the Texas Book Depository in Dealey Plaza, they fired at least six shots, close range for rifles, pin point shooting, striking him in the back, the throat, and the back and front of his head. Two shots were fired onto the sidewalk on each side of the car, apparently to draw attention to the sixth floor window where it would be revealed Lee Harvey Oswald worked. The precision of the shooting indicated that the firing had to have been coordinated by walkie-talkie radios. This meant that there was a radio operator at the primary firing points, of which there were probably five including the sixth floor window and the roof of the depository, the grassy knoll, the Dal-Tex Building, and a sewer manhole near the triple overpass in front of the motorcade. A great deal of information about the plot was available before the killing. The FBI knew of it. So did others. However, precautions were not taken. Secret Service officers were out drinking, one until five a.m., the night before in a nightclub that was operated by individuals with Mafia ties. The conspirators were remarkably confident that their act would be covered up--they left hundreds of leads that would have been exposed in even a cursory investigation. However, the fix, clearly pre-arranged, was immediately implemented. J. Edgar Hoover issued immediate orders that the FBI should seek evidence to prove that the killing had been the work of a lone assassin. The president’s body was tampered with at Walter Reed Hospital before it was taken to Bethesda Naval Hospital for a cursory autopsy in which none of the doctors were experienced in forensic autopsies and one was in fact a urologist. Vital evidence and films were lost, and the Warren Commission worked shamelessly to conclude that Lee Harvey Oswald alone had killed the president. On the Commission was Allen Dulles, whom Kennedy had fired after the Bay of Pigs fiasco not long before.