The Education Forum

Twitter Shutting Down?

Calvin Ye

Calvin Ye may be onto something....

Twitter On Lock Out After Mass Resignation Exodus; Operations At Risk

Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
FRIDAY, NOV 18, 2022 - 10:31 AM

Hundreds of Twitter's remaining employees have reportedly resigned ahead of Elon Musk’s “extremely hardcore” cultural reset of the company. After Musk gave an ultimatum to his employees to either commit to the company’s new “hardcore” work environment or leave, many more workers declined to sign on than he expected, potentially putting Twitter’s operations at risk, according to Bloomberg sources, as well as internal Slack messages seen by The Verge and employee tweets.

Hi Calvin, What I believe is currently going on with Twitter is a F.U.D. Campaign; Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty,_and_doubt

That is one of the down sides and side effect to having advertisers fund your project. Similar campaigns happen with crypto and conspiracy theories like the JFK assassination.

Operation Mocking Bird used these tacts against the research community by labeling their research "Conspiracy theories" and uses the campaign against the credibility of the person or the conspiracy. 

3 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

Hi Calvin, What I believe is currently going on with Twitter is a F.U.D. Campaign; Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty,_and_doubt

That is one of the down sides and side effect to having advertisers fund your project. Similar campaigns happen with crypto and conspiracy theories like the JFK assassination.

Operation Mocking Bird used these tacts against the research community by labeling their research "Conspiracy theories" and uses the campaign against the credibility of the person or the conspiracy. 

Hi Matthew, thanks for informing me about the existence of F.U.D campaign

Calvin,  I haven't  experienced any outages in twitter yet either, but I did hear a local sports talk say their twitter was down, but don't be deluded by Matthew's devotional corporate fanboy projections.This has nothing to do with a government.conspiracy Operation Mockingbird at all.

They are having real problems. Ben's source, is accurate, but he could just as easily have used a business source as those are his best sources since it is about money.

Musk gave an ultimatum for his people to work long and hard to bail him out after he he bought a company for 44 billion that he says now is losing him 4 million dollars a day!

He was completely stupid, and conscienceless  to tweet that BS about Paul Pelosi after he got hit over his head with a hammer and he now has some of his sponsors leaving him. He forced out 2 of his top people to find he can't run twitter without them,  and hired them back!

Now he's on a tweet storm, continually backpedaling..  He first came out just prior to the election encouraging everyone to vote Republican. His tweets have been strange since qualifying  that by saying his only reason he first said that was that he wanted divided government, (which is very corporate), then making a point that  he most often votes Democrat, and then that he expects he will vote more Democrat in the future,  so now he's trying to find a political center! And now says he's not going to be the one to run Twitter. So he's backing down completely. So he now realizes he's in way over his head and  what a mess he's put himself into.

I don't know how it will turn out, but on the plus side, a lot of influential people have gotten use to using twitter and there's no consensus of any other platform to adopt, so that's a plus for Twitter.

He thought he could crack the whip on his work force, and he pushed too far.

On Blind, a social platform where anonymous users talk about their workplaces, a poll of nearly 250 people associated with Twitter showed that about 73 percent favored taking the severance package over staying.

59 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:
Calvin,  I haven't  experienced any outages in twitter yet either, but I did hear a local sports talk say their twitter was down, but don't be deluded by Matthew's devotional corporate fanboy projections.This has nothing to do with a government.conspiracy Operation Mockingbird at all.

Kirk,

Please.. work on your reading comprehension skills. I cited Operation Mocking Bird for an example of a FUD campaign and also to make the thread relate to the topic of JFK. Mocking Bird used "Conspiracy Theory" as FUD against JFK Conspiracy researchers most of whom were either whistle blowers or scholarly researchers to imply that they were crazy or stupid(also see any media leading up to Oliver Stone's JFK another example of a FUD campaign.) Ironically funny thing about this is that your side is now doing the same thing the awful far right wing people where doing in the 70's thru the 90's. Because your point of view is now the establishment and isn't allowed to be challenged. 

Bernie and Trump are from the KGB? 

Edited by Matthew Koch