The Education Forum

Gary Fannin on Oswald

Bob Ness

1 hour ago, Bob Ness said:

Haven't finished it yet but thought it was interesting. I'm not familiar with Fannin but this talk he did in Allen Texas seems to have been recently uploaded. 

Interesting for a while, but then Fannin buys into the Roscoe White story. 

Also, I am uncomfortable with researchers who confidently assert that LHO backyard photos are faked or real. You have the usual battling experts on that. 

Still, lots of strange ties between Roscoe White and LHO, and Roscoe's wife worked a while for Jack Ruby (evidently proven by a photograph). 

1 hour ago, Denis Morissette said:

He's a very naive, not very intelligent person. I would not bother with him.

I don't know about that. I thought the talk itself was pretty interesting and then it tailed off some into the Roscoe White bit. I don't know what to make of it without looking into the assertions he makes but probably won't do that. Ricky White seems off.

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Also, I am uncomfortable with researchers who confidently assert that LHO backyard photos are faked or real. You have the usual battling experts on that. 

Yeah. I agree. I'd rather focus on subjects that have clear, unambiguous conclusions even though there's not a lot of that in the JFKA. It's one of the reasons I put so much importance on the Nellie's testimony or the behavior of the WC's investigators (which in my view reeks).

Edited by Bob Ness

5 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

I don't know about that. I thought the talk itself was pretty interesting and then it tailed off some into the Roscoe White bit. I don't know what to make of it without looking into the assertions he makes but probably won't do that. Ricky White seems off.

Yeah. I agree. I'd rather focus on subjects that have clear, unambiguous conclusions even though there's not a lot of that in the JFKA. It's one of the reasons I put so much importance on the Nellie's testimony or the behavior of the WC's investigators (which in my view reeks).

Man oh man, from your lips to God's ears. 

I deeply admire JFKA researchers, but they do tend to get lost in the weeds, and ponder imponderables to infinity and beyond. 

IMHO, Nellie's and JBC's testimony, and the Z-film prove beyond reasonable doubt that a lone gunman armed with a single-shot bolt-action rifle could have accomplished all the shots. 

Also, Dr. Shaw's testimony regarding JBC, and the small round hole in the rear of JBC's shirt.

From that bedrock, we can expand hypotheses, and also critically reflect on the narratives of the WC, which unfortunately informed the HSCA. 

16 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Interesting for a while, but then Fannin buys into the Roscoe White story. 

Still, lots of strange ties between Roscoe White and LHO, and Roscoe's wife worked a while for Jack Ruby (evidently proven by a photograph). 

Really?!? You are uncomfortable with people confidently think they are fake? 

Roscoe wright is probably the person impersonating Oswald in the Photographs the lean and the bump on the arm. 

The biggest flag in this guys presentation is at the end with the Secret Service CIA memo IMO 

4 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

Really?!? You are uncomfortable with people confidently think they are fake? 

Roscoe wright is probably the person impersonating Oswald in the Photographs the lean and the bump on the arm. 

The biggest flag in this guys presentation is at the end with the Secret Service CIA memo IMO 

Well...."confidently"?

How about, "I strongly suspect?"

And Roscoe White had the skills to fake such photographs, and then produce them on negatives? He was so highly skilled that some earnest researchers think they are real? 

I don't know to think about the cables. According to the show, the plastic and paper dated to 1963. I suspect they are fake, as my guess is anything to do with the JFKA would not be put down on paper, even opaque language.

Benjamin Cole writes:

IMHO, Nellie's and JBC's testimony, and the Z-film prove beyond reasonable doubt that a lone gunman armed with a single-shot bolt-action rifle could have accomplished all the shots.

I hope that's a typo! It should read: "... could not have accomplished all the shots."

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well...."confidently"?

How about, "I strongly suspect?"

And Roscoe White had the skills to fake such photographs, and then produce them on negatives? He was so highly skilled that some earnest researchers think they are real? 

I don't know to think about the cables. According to the show, the plastic and paper dated to 1963. I suspect they are fake, as my guess is anything to do with the JFKA would not be put down on paper, even opaque language.

SO Ben.. how did he get ahold of the other Oswald Photo?  

On 11/24/2022 at 5:42 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

II am uncomfortable with researchers who confidently assert that LHO backyard photos are faked or real.

I don't understand how anybody can look at the Oswald stance in those photos and not see that if the poses were real he should be falling over.

7 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

I don't understand how anybody can look at the Oswald stance in those photos and not see that if the poses were real he should be falling over.

Well....yeah, they look funny, those backyard photos. I have read the expert reports on the topic, but that does not make me an expert. 

OTOH, a heavy calibre WWII rifle weighs a bit and LHO was a slight fellow. If you hold a heavy object in your right arm, you will counterbalance by leaning to the left. Try this out. 

I do wonder if Roscoe White had the technical skills to make such photos. 

9 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

SO Ben.. how did he get ahold of the other Oswald Photo?  

I don't know. The Dallas Police Department and the chain of evidence problems are manifold. 

Roscoe White may have secreted some evidence thinking it would became valuable at a later date. de Mohrenschildt had a photo also. 

Give us your explanation on how Roscoe White created the photos, and how they ended up where they did. I have an open mind. 

38 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I don't know. The Dallas Police Department and the chain of evidence problems are manifold. 

Roscoe White may have secreted some evidence thinking it would became valuable at a later date. de Mohrenschildt had a photo also. 

Give us your explanation on how Roscoe White created the photos, and how they ended up where they did. I have an open mind. 

Roscoe White is believed to be the body of the Oswald photo. 

When you study the photos from imperial reflex camera they are most likely photo copies of other photographs like the Demorenschildt 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKhMtA1ucVs