The Education Forum

David Lifton's latter-day claims

@Pat Speer You wrote on a seperate thread:

"I think maybe we should start a separate thread in which we can discuss some of Lifton's latter-day claims. I haven't watched the videos, but I've been told that within them he floats some of the theories to which he'd sworn me to silence. I think perhaps he knew that if he published these theories or presented them on the forum, I would have been among those expressing great doubt about them. It's a bit perplexing."

Agreed.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my reply to Pat on the other thread (starting a new thread per Pat's idea because this is perhaps more appropriate here):

"I have to be honest- while I have tremendous respect for David Lifton and Best Evidence, a fair amount of these ideas and notions on the above video (series) are-I will be kind-not believable. Perhaps David lost the plot a little by being obsessed with the case and not having a personal life (the same can be said for Harry Livingstone). When one doesn't have a family and just lives and breathes this case 24/7 for decades, I believe you start to see conspiracies in your soup and things become less grounded. The notion that some of the Parkland doctors were involved is just...well, I won't say.

Again- tremendous loss that David passed away; Best Evidence is legendary; I am hoping his second book sees the light of day...but these later-day ideas he was espousing are bizarre. There- I said it."

Edited by Vince Palamara

Ok. I'll go second. While I have not watched the videos, I am told that within them David proposed the involvement of a number of Parkland doctors in the plot. This is one of the things he told me. I remember that I said something about perhaps they were forced to lie after the killing, but he laid out a scenario in which they had foreknowledge. I remember thinking that this was never gonna float. 

Edited by Pat Speer

1 minute ago, Pat Speer said:

Ok. I'll go first. While I have not watched the videos, I am told that within them David proposed the involvement of a number of Parkland doctors in the plot. This is one of the things he told me. I remember that I said something about perhaps they were forced to lie after the killing, but he laid out a scenario in which they had foreknowledge. I remember thinking that this was never gonna float. 

Yes- David states this as a fact! He also mentions-get this now- his "Godzilla theory"-!! David was so eloquent (as he is on the video), but I am stunned that he believed this.

Copy-pasting my two last comments from the other thread:

Dr. Ronald Jones, Paul Peters, and Marion Jenkins as being personally involved in the cover-up? Strange. Too bad Lifton couldn't be around to see whether Jones would have a deathbed confession.       

David floated the idea that a Parkland staffer could have been brought into a part of a body alteration plot by giving them an excuse along the lines of "we have to pretend he's alive to wait for a priest" or "we have to wait for nuns", or I've wondered if somebody could have claimed a sort of "Presidential do-not-resuscitate order", which one could say needed to be covered up to hide the "suicidal" implications, or to hide the President's health problems. But that could only be used to explain a fraction of this supposed plot.

Edit: David also said that he thought Perry was lying about doing a tracheostomy.

5 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Ok. I'll go second. While I have not watched the videos, I am told that within them David proposed the involvement of a number of Parkland doctors in the plot. This is one of the things he told me. I remember that I said something about perhaps they were forced to lie after the killing, but he laid out a scenario in which they had foreknowledge. I remember thinking that this was never gonna float. 

51:30 mark: lights went out at Andrews Air Force Base, as there was a stop involving Air Force One. An end-of-the-runway stop of a sinister nature.

I can also say that I have spoken to another who'd been sworn to silence, and he described some theories that were way beyond what Lifton had shared with me. But they followed the same pattern. 

I think a tendency to David's thought process made evident in his earlier works had grown out of control in his latter-day thoughts.

While he once confronted problems through creative thinking--and then went back to see if there was any factual basis for his possible solution--in his conversations with me he expressed creative solutions to problems without providing a factual basis. 

As but one example, he told me that the plot involved JFK's corpse being transferred to an ambulance after the shooting--so his wounds could be altered before reaching Parkland--but that Connally's being wounded made them go straight to the hospital. Now, as I remember it he called this a "breakthrough". So I asked him what evidentiary support he'd obtained that this was the original plot--did he have witnesses who saw an ambulance standing by or anything. As I recall, he said it would all be in his book. But as he spoke enthusiastically about this "breakthrough" it occurred to me that he considered the possibility itself a "breakthrough"--whether or not he ever found any support. 

I remember thinking at the time, and again over the last few days, that David and I had much in common. But that we approached the case in a vastly different manner. 

58:00 mark---RFK KNEW the casket was empty: Robert McNamara tells him "your brother is in luggage."

I confess that I stitched the 14-part series together without watching it first. I don't think it does David's legacy well at all.

28 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

Yes- David states this as a fact! He also mentions-get this now- his "Godzilla theory"-!! David was so eloquent (as he is on the video), but I am stunned that he believed this.

What was the "Godzilla" theory he expressed in the videos? Because the "Godzilla" theory he expressed to others was a doozy, and really damaging to his reputation. 

Just now, Pat Speer said:

What was the "Godzilla" theory he expressed in the videos? Because the "Godzilla" theory he expressed to others was a doozy, and really damaging to his reputation. 

I am an hour into the three-hour video. He mentions it matter-of-factly early on but, so far, hasn't returned to it yet (he just mentions it without detail in the early part of the video).

2 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

1:03:00 mark----Richard Lipsey tells Lifton in 1998 that JFK's arm was raised and it looked like Kennedy was doing a "Heil Hitler" gesture (!)