The Education Forum

They are tearing down Oswalds Neely street house

Gerry Down

This video is excellent in terms of the drone footage images of Dealy Plaza integrated with other pictures, the video of the Texas Theater interior (wish there was more) and Neely Street.  If you can ignore the Max Holland shot deflected by the streetlight that hit James Tague a hundred yards away.

I was going to watch a couple of minutes and maybe skim a little more.  But the first thirty minutes kept me engrossed in particular.  Mistake at 24 minutes, shot entering back of neck.  

I did not know the TSBD mausoleum now contains the wedding ring Oswald left behind, the hat Jack Ruby whore when he shot Oswald, or the suit Leavelle whore when handcuffed to Oswald.  

19 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

This video is excellent in terms of the drone footage images of Dealy Plaza integrated with other pictures, the video of the Texas Theater interior (wish there was more) and Neely Street.  If you can ignore the Max Holland shot deflected by the streetlight that hit James Tague a hundred yards away.

I was going to watch a couple of minutes and maybe skim a little more.  But the first thirty minutes kept me engrossed in particular.  Mistake at 24 minutes, shot entering back of neck.  

I did not know the TSBD mausoleum now contains the wedding ring Oswald left behind, the hat Jack Ruby whore when he shot Oswald, or the suit Leavelle whore when handcuffed to Oswald.  

W-O-R-E, Ron. W-H-O-R-E is something else entirely. 

22 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

W-O-R-E, Ron. W-H-O-R-E is something else entirely. 

It was intentional Pat.  A lame, I guess, attempt at sarcasm regarding the TSBD mausoleum (as David Healy calls it).

3 hours ago, Lori Spencer said:

Really cool podcast, thanks for sharing Gerry. 

I’m not a big fan of true crime shows but this was really well done. And the host is obviously a lifelong JFK assassination student. Bravo! 

Your welcome.

I wonder if anything can be done to protect the Neely house.

This might be a bit of a stretch, but Neely St. could have potential evidentiary value if anyone ever decided to do an in-depth study of the BYPs using modern technology. The HSCA concluded that the BYPs were genuine but they came up with enough unexplained anomalies to warrant a closer look, IMO. For example, the fine lines on Oswald’s chin that the HSCA had no explanation for whatsoever. If I recall, the HSCA proposed something like four different purely speculative theories to explain those chin lines, so I think it’d be a worthy effort to figure out what the hell actually caused them. 

If the theory that 214 Neely was a CIA safehouse is true (and I think that's a real possibility), then is there any chance that JFK documents yet to be released might somehow contain a list of Dallas-area addresses used by American Intelligence agencies?

(Remember, "Oswald" vehemently denied to Captain Fritz that he ever lived there. Marguerite Oswald not only told author Joechim Joesten that "Oswald" did not live there, but that Marina DID "with another man." And finally, note that the initial FBI list of "Oswald's" addresses did NOT include Neely Street.)

After all, if 214 Neely Street is now slated for destruction, then it won't be used as a safehouse anymore by any agency. 

Or are these safehouses such state secrets that they will be forever exempt from public disclosure? 

Can the CIA plausibly claim that even if 214 Neely Street was not a safehouse (a big and doubtful "if"), the revelation of a former safehouse in Dallas would somehow continue to endanger its current spies, and that therefore they could not release any such addresses?

5 hours ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

If the theory that 214 Neely was a CIA safehouse is true (and I think that's a real possibility), then is there any chance that JFK documents yet to be released might somehow contain a list of Dallas-area addresses used by American Intelligence agencies?

(Remember, "Oswald" vehemently denied to Captain Fritz that he ever lived there. Marguerite Oswald not only told author Joechim Joesten that "Oswald" did not live there, but that Marina DID "with another man." And finally, note that the initial FBI list of "Oswald's" addresses did NOT include Neely Street.)

After all, if 214 Neely Street is now slated for destruction, then it won't be used as a safehouse anymore by any agency. 

Or are these safehouses such state secrets that they will be forever exempt from public disclosure? 

Can the CIA plausibly claim that even if 214 Neely Street was not a safehouse (a big and doubtful "if"), the revelation of a former safehouse in Dallas would somehow continue to endanger its current spies, and that therefore they could not release any such addresses?

I’d think this is the sort of thing that might show up in CIA 301 files, the corporate equivalent of a 201. As far as I know, barely any 301 related files made it into the ARC - even though they should have - and I think that’s for a similar reason to what you mentioned. Details on the CIA use of corporations might still be relevant today - the companies might still exist and still be providing cover to agents, etc. I’d assume record keeping on properties of operational interest would be pretty similar. My point is I doubt any of that stuff will be in the remaining JFK records. The only “complete” corporation files I’ve seen in the ARC are  from HSCA requests, and that’s just the stuff the CIA decided to turn over. 

We should have access to the 301 files of every single business operating in Dallas and New Orleans in 1963, but to my knowledge we have jack XXXXX. This is the kind of stuff I hope the MFF lawsuit goes after. 

By the way, the initial SS list (or at least one of them) of Oswald’s addresses also did not include Neely St. 

On Neeley, I think Gary Taylor has a more or less important role.  His testimony was a little odd when he talked about his visit to Marina (telling her he wasn't living with his wife anymore at that time, etc).  And he was in to photography, I believe some have suggested he was the one taking the pictures of June (?) outside at Neeley (on the porch ?).   I don't remember where I have read the above, should look it up, I printed It and it's somewhere in my files (badly in need of classification by now...).   There was a plan drawn by Marina (to explain to exact location to (?) Mrs. Paine ?

There was also something on Waldo George (the landlord), I can't remember if anything was said about a renting contract, there was on the other houses, but I don't recall Neeley right now.   

Anyway, a lot to discover on Neeley...