The Education Forum

JFK Murder: Evolving Strategies for Damage Control

Russ Baker and Milicent Cranor published a new article at WhoWhatWhy.com today.

Good commentary about Michael Beschloss, Tucker Carlson, and the deceptive M$M coverage of the recent JFK records release.

JFK Murder: Evolving Strategies for Damage Control - WhoWhatWhy

January 9, 2023

Edited by W. Niederhut

Thanks for this William.

Nice survey of what the ground looks like now.

9 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Good commentary about Michael Beschloss, Tucker Carlson, and the deceptive M$M coverage of the recent JFK records release.

January 9, 2023

Good article, and thanks for posting, W.

I do wish people (even smart JKFA researchers) would also refer to the 1979 HSCA report, which despite many many flaws, concluded JFK died likely as result of a conspiracy. Letting the WC stand alone is bad practice. 

Including the HSCA finding would help un-aligned readers know that a second official investigation, not run by the executive department, came to a different conclusion than the WC. 

(Group sigh: If only, if only Richard A. Sprague had stayed on board at the HSCA....)

W. I wanted to take some time and give you neither a  perfunctory or forum validation speak response, (which I don't disparage) But try to delve into this article. You have to be able to cut through innuendo here,  ask what is Baker really saying, and then observe the interview.

Let's start with this template.

Baker:This of course is an astonishing claim being made by a major figure, yet it passed without further comment. It also goes to the growing desperation of the establishment to head off at the pass any further movement in the direction of a broader conspiracy.

Baker seems to be inferring in this interview,Alba and Bechloss are delivering a concerted message serving the establishment's  baiting us into a accepting a limited hang out short of admitting  CIA complicity in the JFKA.

Though I do agree with a chuckle Baker's assertion that Bechloss seems almost anointed by NBC to be their Presidential history "go to guy". Bechloss isn't some errand boy for the establishment. I think Baker's  totally "grand conspiracy" theory is off there! *

Quite the contrary, Bechloss has been a clown, who for years has been in over his head. His appearance on "Morning Joe after the files were to be released, was the first time I ever saw him express any doubt about the LN theory, though he seemed compelled to let you know, that no matter what, Oswald did fire the shot that killed Kennedy!!   Pffffff!

The truth, up to now is he could never come up with anything more articulate to say about Presidential politics in the 60's than Bobby hated LBJ, LBJ hated Bobby, Hoover hated the Kennedy's, and he's never synthesized any of this previously!

Baker: Beschloss then went on to provide what seems meant to explain one reason certain documents have been withheld: He actually claims that the former director of the FBI, J. Edgar Hoover, and perhaps others, knew in advance that a so-called Soviet defector would be in the book depository window the day Kennedy would be driven by — and that they did nothing to have him removed. 
Beschloss speculates this is possibly because Hoover and his colleagues “hated and disapproved of” Kennedy; and that, if Americans had known all this, they would have had Hoover prosecuted.

Bechloss may be a great academician, but that's far from being a sleuth and for years, as I say, has been in way over his head.. But IMO, yes as a guy whose never been sleuth enough to ask the essential questions, he probably  incrementally first asked himself that question.

But in fairness, if left at simply this, that would have been a good place for a limited hang out.  But what Baker omits is that Bechloss does say that Oswald was in touch with CIA operatives. He then goes on to say "the chances that Oswald  did this alone becomes" less and less likely with every document release."

Then  Bechloss asks:
Bechloss: What are the chances of a person having connections with the Cuban embassy in Mexico, the Soviet embassy in Mexico City,the  anti Castro Cubans, the FBI, the CIA, maybe this is all a coincidence but let's keep asking these questions.

Once  Bechloss  makes that leap, 1) that Oswald isn't alone, and 2)what are the chances of a person having all these connections?, he invites all sorts of questions! That's cat's out of the bag! What the hell is Baker thinking? This isn't some  sponsored limited hang out!  In the 2 Bechloss responses, he emphasizes the first  JEH quote because it reinforces his "limited hang out theory" but totally ignores Bechloss second response about the increased likelihood Oswald wasn't alone  and how unlikely it would be that Oswald has all these connections! It appears Baker doesn't know gold when he finds it, and had his mind made up what his narrative was to be before even writing the piece!

Maybe not  what you may have been expecting to hear, but at least with Bechloss this isn't some planned limited hang out. These statements lead to "the plot starts to unravel".  

*There are a lot of people here into film and screenwriting. To those here who buy Baker's assertion that Bechloss and Alba were coached by the deep state establishment to promulgate a JFKA limited hang out. I would suggest, as a writing exercise. Write the key dialog of the MSM establishment sitting down with Alba and Bechloss in preparation for the show! I'd love to read it! 
It would be the type of dialog that if perfectly done in a film, could IMO  be the most  definitive MSM/on air talent dialog in film history!, greater than "Network" 50 years ago, which after all, was largely a parody. I'm surprised nobody's given thought to writing such a script, since they believe it.

On 1/9/2023 at 5:07 PM, W. Niederhut said:

January 9, 2023

Russ Baker is a National Treasure.  Michael Beschloss is not.  Everyone should read this.