The Education Forum

Confused & looking for opinions on JFK's brain.

17 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Point remains Pat...  you are wrong about the alteration to the head and skull...  Brains don't just fall out.

You're wrong about what I've said and what others say... the blowout was above and BEHIND the ear thru to the back of the skull... NOT what BOSWELL or HUMES described at all which was after whatever they did to the man's head in that 90 minutes prior to the autopsy officially starting.

Your terrible need to be right has allowed you to make minutia into mole hills into mountains...  DULANY is written at the top rear of the head wheretf do you think he is pointing? Or do you not see him leaning forward and pointing his head towards the ground? Is he holding the top rear of his head or the TOP of his head Pat?

And why must you be so freaking snarky about what the rest of us know as fact...  no alteration to the brain of skull? Avoid the multiple casket entries, Avoid the work Humes or someone obviously did to the head between Parkland and 8pm at Bethesda...  

No Pat, that's you, your POV and your inability to see anything that may conflict with your conclusions....  the images show a mixture of behind the ear all the way to the very back middle of the head...  let's look again shall we?

How many are pointing to above the ear as opposed to the right rear of the head?  Stopping being so disingenuine...  it's plain as the nose on your face.  There is only 1 person touching anything that can be considered "above the ear" when the rest are in the back...  You do see I also wrote the names on his profile..

That you can't acknowledge there was alteration done to the man's head is too bad and confuses too many people who respect your body of work as I do.  But you keep doing you Pat and argue in the direct face of the evidence...  a hoax?  Whatever you say Pat...

The images and xrays I post must be wrong as they so strongly conflict with your conclusions...  So everyone else must also be wrong.  Despite you having no clue as to what happens in that 90 minutes which changes the wounds from what was seen at Parkland to the real joke and real point of the matter, what he looked like at 8pm which has no connection at all to the injuries he had at Parkland...  

Everyone.  :up

Mr. SPECTER. What did you observe as to President Kennedy's condition on arrival at the hospital?
Mr. HILL. The right rear portion of his head was missing. It was lying in the rear seat of the car. His brain was exposed. There was blood and bits of brain all over the entire rear portion of the car. Mrs. Kennedy was completely covered with blood. There was so much blood you could not tell if there had been any other wound or not, except for the one large gaping wound in the right rear portion of the head.

Mr. SPECTER. What did you observe about the President with respect to his wounds?
Mr. GREER. His head was all shot, this whole part was all a matter of blood like he had been hit.
Mr. SPECTER. Indicating the top and right rear side of the head?
Mr. GREER. Yes, sir; it looked like that was all blown off.

Mr. SPECTER - And what, in a general way, did you observe with respect to President Kennedy's condition?
Miss BOWRON - He was very pale, he was lying across Mrs. Kennedy's knee and there seemed to be blood everywhere. When I went around to the other side of the car I saw the condition of his head.
Mr. SPECTER - You saw the condition of his what?
Miss BOWRON - The back of his head.
Mr. SPECTER - And what was that condition?
Miss BOWRON - Well, it was very bad---you know.
Mr. SPECTER - How many holes did you see?
Miss BOWRON - I just saw one large hole.

Miss HENCHLIFFE - Yes; he was very bloody, his head was very bloody when I saw him at the time.
Mr. SPECTER - Did you ever see any wound in any other part of his body?
Miss HENCHLIFFE - When I first saw him---except his head.
Mr. SPECTER - Did you see any wound on any other part of his body?
Miss HENCHLIFFE - Yes; in the neck.
Mr. SPECTER - Will you describe it, please?
Miss HENCHLIFFE - It was just a little hole in the middle of his neck.
Mr. SPECTER - About how big a hole was it?
Miss HENCHLIFFE - About as big around as the end of my little finger.
Mr. SPECTER - Have you ever had any experience with bullet holes?
Miss HENCHLIFFE - Yes.
Mr. SPECTER - And what did that appear to you to be?
Miss HENCHLIFFE - An entrance bullet hole it looked to me like.   (DJ: HOW IN THE WORLD DOES HE GET AN ENTRANCE WOUND IN THE FRONT OF HIS NECK WITHOUT A SHOT BEING FIRED FROM THE FRONT PAT?)

ACTIVITIES OF PAT HUTTON
ON NOVEMBER 22, 1963

Several people helped put the President on the cart, and we then proceeded to the Major Surgery section of the Emergency Room to Trauma Room #1. Mr. Kennedy was bleeding profusely from a wound on the back of his head, and was lying there unresponsive.

As soon as we reached the room, a doctor placed an endotracheal tube, and prepared for a tracheostomy. Within a few minutes, there were numerous doctors in the room starting I.V.'s, placing chest tubes and anesthesia with O2. A doctor asked me to place a pressure dressing on the head wound. This was of no use, however, because of the massive opening on the back of the head.

Do I also need to post an image of Clint on the limo to prove where he was when he sees this injury? 

How many more statements about the right rear blowout of skull do I need to post?

76735210_Headwoundlocationwithskulloverlayanddoctors.jpg.bdbd0100b634643821f0eaf0d047fb23.jpg

No, what you need to do is study where Hill pointed out the wound location--dozens of times.  Hint: it was above the ear. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/27/2023 at 11:55 AM, Pat Speer said:

No, what you need to do is study where Hill pointed out the wound location--dozens of times.  Hint: it was above the ear. 

(Edit: I'm leaving this one as it makes my point as intended.. and pins Pat down to his position related to the skull injuries.)

Whatever you say Pat...  
You see anyone say the word "ABOVE" or "EAR" Pat?

Dr. PERRY - As I mentioned previously in the record, I made only a cursory examination of the President's head. I noted a large avulsive wound of the right parietal occipital area, in which both scalp and portions of skull were absent,

Dr. McCLELLAND - As I took the position at the head of the table that I have already described, to help out with the tracheotomy, I was in such a position that I could very closely examine the head wound, and I noted that the right posterior portion of the skull had been extremely blasted. It had been shattered, apparently, by the force of the shot so that the parietal bone was protruded up through the scalp and seemed to be fractured almost along its right posterior half, as well as some of the occipital bone being fractured in its lateral haft, and this sprung open the bones that I mentioned in such a way that you could actually look down into the skull cavity itself and see that probably a third or so, at least, of the brain tissue, posterior cerebral tissue and some of the cerebellar tissue had been blasted out. There was a large amount of bleeding which was occurring mainly from the large venous channels in the skull which had been blasted open.

Mr. HILL. The right rear portion of his head was missing.

Mr. GREER. His head was all shot, this whole part was all a matter of blood like he had been hit.

A doctor asked me to place a pressure dressing on the head wound. This was of no use, however, because of the massive opening on the back of the head. - Pat Hutton

Mr. KELLERMAN. OK. This all transpired in the morgue of the Naval Hospital in Bethesda, sir. He had a large wound this size.
Mr. SPECTER. Indicating a circle with your finger of the diameter of 5 inches; would that be approximately correct?
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes, circular; yes, on this part of the head.
Mr. SPECTER. Indicating the rear portion of the head.

Mrs. KENNEDY. I don't remember anything. I was just down like that. And finally I remember a voice behind me, or something, and then I remember the people in the front seat, or somebody, finally knew something was wrong, and a voice yelling, which must have been Mr. Hill, "Get to the hospital,"or maybe it was Mr. Kellerman, in the front seat. But someone yelling. I was just down and holding him. [Reference to wounds deleted.  and we all know what she said]

I then examined the wound in the back of the President's head. This was a large, gaping wound in the right posterior part, with cerebral and cerebellar tissue being damaged and exposed. - Dr. Clark

Dr. PETERS - Well, as I mentioned, the neck wound had already been interfered with by the tracheotomy at the time I got there, but I noticed the head wound, and as I remember--I noticed that there was a large defect in the occiput.

Dr. SALYER - I came in on the left side of him and noticed that his major wound seemed to be in his right temporal area

Maybe with a shot hitting where these men show, we'd get a hole at the right rear of his head?

image.gif.931378af3f970b65804d61edd00c21a9.gifimage.thumb.jpeg.5858862f4e15eaeb62a1eabeb7fbfc0f.jpeg

You do see where the Temporal bone extends well behind the ear as does the Parietal bone... or not so much cause it conflicts with your conclusions too much?  A person could have a hole in their Temporal bone, above and behind the mastoid process, where virtually everyone who ACTUALLY SAW THE WOUND places it...  Cerebellum does not ooze from a wound at the top of the head...

Sorry.

795492db702a9749610f58e32c2e6e4c.png

Edited by David Josephs
intellectual dishonesty

Now we are getting somewhere thanks to you gentleman.Thank you.

Another state of confusion exists because of the description of the skull being likea eggshell & that it seems like the trajectory could have been obliterated due to a ballpeen hammer & don't forget about the large laceration,but that can all be discussed at a later time.

I sure would have liked to hear Sibert & O'Neil's description of the brain at the beginning of the autopsy (if it was even there) they seem to be truthful observers/reporters except for the time when they were held out of the morgue & were not with the body.

Edited by Michael Crane

3 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

Humes told the WC that pieces of skull bone fell to the table as soon as they started examining the scalp. No bone fragment was said to have been found at Parkland hospital.

Humes is simply covering for the hack craniotomy job done...    here is the process for those of you who missed my posting it before

Autopsy-Brainremoval_zps82ff1e9e.thumb.jpg.33752e35f1dae12015da170124eb0649.jpg

42 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Whatever you say Pat...  Everyone else must be wrong and only you are right...  :up  :clapping
You see anyone say the word "EAR" Pat?

Dr. PERRY - As I mentioned previously in the record, I made only a cursory examination of the President's head. I noted a large avulsive wound of the right parietal occipital area, in which both scalp and portions of skull were absent,

Dr. McCLELLAND - As I took the position at the head of the table that I have already described, to help out with the tracheotomy, I was in such a position that I could very closely examine the head wound, and I noted that the right posterior portion of the skull had been extremely blasted. It had been shattered, apparently, by the force of the shot so that the parietal bone was protruded up through the scalp and seemed to be fractured almost along its right posterior half, as well as some of the occipital bone being fractured in its lateral haft, and this sprung open the bones that I mentioned in such a way that you could actually look down into the skull cavity itself and see that probably a third or so, at least, of the brain tissue, posterior cerebral tissue and some of the cerebellar tissue had been blasted out. There was a large amount of bleeding which was occurring mainly from the large venous channels in the skull which had been blasted open.

Mr. HILL. The right rear portion of his head was missing.

A doctor asked me to place a pressure dressing on the head wound. This was of no use, however, because of the massive opening on the back of the head. - Pat Hutton

Mr. KELLERMAN. OK. This all transpired in the morgue of the Naval Hospital in Bethesda, sir. He had a large wound this size.
Mr. SPECTER. Indicating a circle with your finger of the diameter of 5 inches; would that be approximately correct?
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes, circular; yes, on this part of the head.
Mr. SPECTER. Indicating the rear portion of the head.

Mrs. KENNEDY. I don't remember anything. I was just down like that. And finally I remember a voice behind me, or something, and then I remember the people in the front seat, or somebody, finally knew something was wrong, and a voice yelling, which must have been Mr. Hill, "Get to the hospital,"or maybe it was Mr. Kellerman, in the front seat. But someone yelling. I was just down and holding him. [Reference to wounds deleted.  and we all know what she said]

I then examined the wound in the back of the President's head. This was a large, gaping wound in the right posterior part, with cerebral and cerebellar tissue being damaged and exposed. - Dr. Clark

Dr. PETERS - Well, as I mentioned, the neck wound had already been interfered with by the tracheotomy at the time I got there, but I noticed the head wound, and as I remember--I noticed that there was a large defect in the occiput.

Dr. SALYER - I came in on the left side of him and noticed that his major wound seemed to be in his right temporal area

Maybe with a shot hitting where these men show, we'd get a hole at the right rear of his head?

image.gif.931378af3f970b65804d61edd00c21a9.gifimage.thumb.jpeg.5858862f4e15eaeb62a1eabeb7fbfc0f.jpeg

You do see where the Temporal bone extends well behind the ear as does the Parietal bone... or not so much cause it conflicts with your conclusions too much?  A person could have a hole in their Temporal bone, above and behind the mastoid process, where virtually everyone who ACTUALLY SAW THE WOUND places it...  Cerebellum does not ooze from a wound at the top of the head...

Sorry.

795492db702a9749610f58e32c2e6e4c.png

Please, David. These men were all pointing out where they saw a large hole on the head. This is consistent with what is shown in the photos. 

As far as the bones, are you jumping in bed with Mantik and claiming the Harper fragment is occipital bone? Do you not see how silly that is?  

image.png.85052c902c8469fcd084256dabc6396b.png

9 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Humes is simply covering for the hack craniotomy job done...    here is the process for those of you who missed my posting it before

Autopsy-Brainremoval_zps82ff1e9e.thumb.jpg.33752e35f1dae12015da170124eb0649.jpg

Oh my. A standard craniotomy was not performed. 

From Chapter 14 at patspeer.com:

As the assistants normally tasked with removing the brain, the recollections of Jenkins and O'Connor regarding the removal of the brain should not readily be dismissed. As reported in Harrison Livingstone's 1992 book High Treason 2. Livingstone interviewed O'Connor on 4-20-90 and 5-9-90. O'Connor's comments on the mystery photo are included in the photo section, and reveal that he thought the photo showed the back of Kennedy's head, with the scalp reflected to the left. His description of the wound also supports this proposition. He is reported to have claimed 1) that the right side of Kennedy's skull was "badly fractured all over. Comminuted fractures. Comminuted means like you dropped an egg on the floor" and 2) that at first he could not see the hole low on the back of Kennedy's skull because "the scalp covered it up so you couldn't tell how bad the wound was until he (Humes) pulled the scalp off." Those holding that Humes reflected the scalp forward, of course, simultaneously suggest he never "pulled the scalp off" low on the back of the head, as claimed by O'Connor. And, no, O'Connor wasn't done. In 1991, O'Connor was questioned by Harrison Livingstone at a conference. This was captured on videotape. O'Connor told Livingstone: "Usually, in order to remove the brain, you're gonna have to saw the skullcap off, and that wasn't done that night." Well, that should make it clear. The only reason one would reflect the scalp forward on the left side of the face would be to remove the skull cap. Since this wasn't done, well, there's no reason to believe the scalp was reflected forward.

Jenkins' recollections on this issue, moreover, confirmed O'Connor's. In a 10-8-90 interview, Jenkins reportedly told Livingstone "Everything from just above the right ear back was fragmented. It was broken up, but it was being held together by the scalp." Well, think about it. How could Jenkins know it was being held together by scalp unless someone removed this scalp and it fell apart? Still, Jenkins wasn't done. The next year, at the same video-taped conference attended by O'Connor, Livingstone asked Jenkins about the removal of Kennedy's brain, and Jenkins responded "They extended--if I remember my anatomy--the sagittal suture a little bit, instead of doing a skull cap, to pull the brain out." And this wasn't a one-time claim. When interviewed by William Law in 1993, Jenkins asserted: "We normally did a skullcap. We didn't really have to do a skullcap on this because, as they expanded the wound, it was large enough for the brain to come out."

And Jenkins was just getting started. On November 22, 2013, Jenkins appeared at the JFK Lancer Conference in Dallas. Before a small focus group, comprising Law, Dr. Gary Aguilar, Dr. David Mantik, myself, and maybe 10 others, he repeated this claim. He spoke again that night, after the banquet, in a side room. This time there were perhaps 40 people in the audience. There, he specified that when first examined at the autopsy, "The only thing keeping the skull structure intact was the scalp," and that when this scalp was pulled "back"--note he said "back," not forward, which puts his recollections at odds with the official interpretation of the photo--the right posterior section of the skull collapsed.

And no, he wasn't done. On 9-21-18 Jenkins was interviewed by Chuck Ochelli. This interview was then put up on Youtube. When Ochelli started describing the forward reflection of the scalp performed at most autopsies, Jenkins interrupted: "It wasn't necessary with this because the (area of) fracture on the right side of the head from just in front of the ear all the way back was extremely malleable. You could take your hand and move the bones around. The bones weren't missing except in the area of the wound and were adhered to the scalp." He then proceeded to describe how Dr. Humes extended some of the scalp lacerations along the top and right side of the head, folded these newly-created flaps of scalp and bone outward, and then removed the brain from the right side.

The recollections of Jenkins and O'Connor are supported, furthermore, by those of the autopsy's photographer, John Stringer, and its radiology tech, Jerrol Custer. As documented in ARRB medical document 19, Stringer was interviewed by HSCA counsel Andy Purdy on August 15, 1977. His report reveals: "Stringer said the doctors had to crack the skull somewhat to get the brain out, though they didn't have to saw it off." Well, think about it. If they didn't have to saw "it" (and by "it" I presume he means the skull cap) off, then there would be no point in reflecting the scalp forward on the largely undamaged left side of the skull. They would remove the brain from the seriously shattered right side of the skull...exactly as suggested by the mystery photo, when one assumes it was taken from behind.

Well, then what about Custer? According to Livingstone, Custer at first claimed that during the autopsy Kennedy's face had appeared to be "deformed...squished...It seemed like someone had taken a clay image of his face and pushed it together...the scalp and the front part of the face seemed like everything had drooped forward," and that Custer later made it clear this was only "after the scalp had been reflected in the back and the brain removed," as "The face no longer had anything to hold it tight over the skull." If one looks at the mystery photo under the belief it was taken from behind, one can easily visualize that the scalp on the far side of the skull cavity is the forehead, and that the face beneath this forehead would droop forward. Custer's recollection is thereby consistent with the photo. If the scalp had been reflected as in a typical reflection, furthermore, it would have been reflected right over the face, and Custer would not have been able to make these observations.

So what about Humes and Boswell? Well, Boswell was also interviewed by Livingstone, and his statements also suggest Kennedy's scalp was reflected to the left, and that the mystery photo was taken from behind. In a 9-1-91 interview, quoted in High Treason 2, Boswell described the large head wound as follows: "the scalp was lacerated, and a pretty good size piece of the frontal and right occipital portion of the skull had separated and were stuck to the undersurface of the scalp. So when that was reflected, then it was true; there was a big bony defect in the right side of the skull. And with the fragments--I think the brain was largely removed through that defect." If they could remove the brain through that defect, it bears repeating, there would be no need for them to remove the entire top of Kennedy's skull--the procedure purportedly depicted in the mystery photo, when interpreted to have been taken from in front of Kennedy.

Then, what about Humes? Well, Dr. Humes himself made a number of statements regarding the reflection of the scalp that only make sense when one views the photo as taken from behind. He told the Warren Commission.: “I extended the lacerations of the scalp…down in the directions of both of the President’s ears…We had to do virtually no work with a saw to remove these portions of the skull, they came apart in our hands very easily…as we moved the scalp about, fragments of various size would fall to the table…when we reflected the scalp away from the badly damaged skull, and removed some of these loosened portions of skull bone, we were able to see this large defect in the right cerebral hemisphere.” One can only assume that when he says he reflected the scalp away from the badly damaged skull, he doesn’t mean he reflected the scalp over the badly damaged skull near the President’s right temple, as would be the case should he have reflected the scalp in a manner consistent with the official interpretation of the autopsy photo.

Dr. Humes’ discussion with the HSCA forensics panel thirteen years later is even more helpful. When asked about the supposed in-shoot in the cowlick, he replied: “I don’t know what that is. Number one, I can assure you that as we reflected the scalp to get to this point, there was no defect corresponding to this in the skull at any point. I don’t know what that is. It could be to me clotted blood…it certainly was not any wound of entrance.” Notice that he says they had “reflected the scalp to get to this point,” implying that “this point,” the red spot in the cowlick adjacent to the midline, was some distance from where they had begun reflecting the scalp. Note also that when one views this photo under the assumption the bone in the foreground shows forehead the scalp near the supposed entrance in the cowlick has not been reflected at all!

Humes’ comments to the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1992 are also relevant. He said “The head was so devastated by the exploding bullet…that we did not even have to use a saw to remove the skullcap…We peeled the scalp back and the calvarium crumpled in my hands from the fracture lines…” Since there was little damage to Kennedy’s left skull, andsince Humes said there was little or no cutting, Humes’ comment that they did not need to remove the skullcap confirms that they did not cut the skull on the left side of Kennedy's head, and that they therefore, by necessity, must have pulled the brain out from the devastated right side of Kennedy’s skull. Since there was talk of an open-casket funeral, it only makes sense that the doctors would try to preserve as much of Kennedy’s face as possible. If this was so, then they would have logically reflected the scalp back and to the left, pulled the brain out from the right side of his skull, and preserved the left side of his face.

Humes' words to the ARRB in 1996 further support this analysis. He told Jeremy Gunn: "Once we got the scalp laid back, some of those pieces could just be removed, you know, by picking them up, picking them up because they were just not held together very well, other than by the dura, I suppose. So other than that, we probably made it like we normally do, in a circumferential fashion from books, like right above the ear around. But it was a real problem because it was all falling apart, the skull. And I can't recall the details of exactly how we managed to maneuver that, because it was a problem."

Notice that Humes always discussed reflecting the scalp away from the badly damaged skull, toward the back of the head, or flat-out backwards, and that he never once discussed reflecting the scalp over Kennedy's forehead. This proves Don Thomas' claim in his book Hear No Evil that "when I performed craniotomies at the Pathology Department of the Memorial Medical Center in Long Beach, California, I always reflected the anterior scalp forward to the eyebrow before removing the skull cap...the chief prosector, Dr. Humes, stated that he followed this procedure..." not only untrue, but doubly untrue. Not only did Humes not claim he'd followed this procedure, he specified that he didn't have to perform a procedure of any kind in order to remove the brain. (Sorry, Don.)

The scalp was reflected to the left.

Now, there are those who insist doctors wouldn't do such a thing, and that they always reflect the scalp over the forehead, blah, blah, blah.

But this just isn't true. One of the most famous murders of the late 19th century was that of Lt. Cecil Hambrough, who was believed to have been murdered by Alfred Monson, while the two were out hunting with a third person, Edward Scott. This murder caught the public's attention, and led to some of the first forensic studies of gunshot wounds in which scientists fired a murder weapon in order to establish the range from which the fatal weapon had been fired. Dr. Joseph Bell, the inspiration for Sherlock Holmes, assisted in these studies and testified at the trial, immediately after a colleague, Dr. Patrick Watson. In any event, this murder was discussed far and wide, and made its way into Principles of Forensic Medicine, by Dr. William Guy, where the following images were provided.

image.png.7ff4c9e27a4016028e28bffb9291c447.png

The damage was restricted to the right, so the scalp was reflected to the left. It's rather elementary when you think of it.

13 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Again... since you have no. idea what happened between 6:30 and 8pm... all we have is what they said... and what they said described an attempt at a craniotomy...

Scalps are not reflected to the left Pat...  regardless of what you claim he evidence says.. 

You're wrong here... sorry.

So you're saying the mystery photo was taken from in front of JFK, with the scalp pulled over his face? 

6 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

No I'm not... you are...  (but I guess if you mean "in front" then yes, the scalp is reflected over his face as is customary and as shown in the illustrations

F8 was taken from the head of the table looking the same direction as the rest of the BS Top of the head photos Fox took after Humes destroyed the skull... with the scalp pull forward and to the rear, like a craniotomy...

To better examine the situation with regard to the skull, at this time, Boswell and I extended the lacerations of the scalp which were at the margins of this wound, down in the direction of both of the President's ears.  - HUMES

Now look at #9 below...  the image below that is an approximation since I could not place the hole lower on the back of his head... but the cuts Humes describes are the same, extending towards the ears on both sides and reflected forward.  I would rotate the F8 image about 20 degrees straight down as we look at it. 

And yes, that would include the Occiptal, Parietal, and Temporal portions of the skull bones as I showed you in an earlier post.

Autopsy-Brainremoval_zps82ff1e9e.thumb.jpg.33752e35f1dae12015da170124eb0649.jpg1118282661_f8relativetof7overlay-confirmedbydoctors.thumb.jpg.edd9dd1bd6425bf33ecb5d97f0a84e6b.jpg

So the specimen jar was propped up at an angle? And the drainage hole was up in the air? 

6 minutes ago, Michael Crane said:

Jenkin's said that they won't let him in the archives.

From what I've heard, they stopped allowing people to even see the exhibits any more, they bring photos for you to see...

Gee, that must be because all the evidence is so telling of what really happened as opposed to exposing the cover-up :rolleyes:

The BEST EVIDENCE also happens to be the most revealing... can't have any of that now can we?