The Education Forum

So what's the story on Richard Case Nagell?

325b1c_b43f01218b5d40cb9cb2b3857b0d9a70~mv2.jpg

Did he ever get his children back?

Did they discover what he had in his locker?

Did they snuff him out before he got to the ARRB?

He was monitoring Oswald,Marina & some anti Castro Cuban's.

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Edited by Michael Crane

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Michael Crane said:

Did they want him to kill Oswald so,he went into the bank & got himself arrested?

The problem with Nagell, IMHO, is very little of what he claims can be verified. 

He said he sent a letter to FBI Chief Hoover regarding the pending JFKA. But he made no copies, mailed no dupes to anyone else, such as a lawyer, Congressman, etc. Typical in that day was to US mail dupes with instructions envelopes were to remain unsealed, with postmarks as proof of date, if one wanted to verify a letter as having been sent by a certain date. 

Nagell claims the FBI seized materials from his car trunk when he was arrested for shooting up a bank, but who knows? 

Then his purple trunk disappeared from a locker in storage unit in New Mexico (Arizona?) after Nagell's death, with proof of what really happened in the JFKA. So why did the intel-state wait until Nagell died to steal the trunk? 

Nagell's bank caper makes no sense. Why didn't he just hole up in an obscure motel in Texas, if he wanted clear of the JFKA?

As for going into a federal prison to be "safe"...a very bad idea if one thinks the feds want to do you in. They control the food you eat, the medicines you take inside a fed prison. 

There may be some wheat in the chaff that is Nagell...but we have real wheat in many places. 

Nagell is always a cipher, but since "trust but verify" are the bywords....

I tried reading Dick Russell’s book about Nagell six years ago but gave up at page 208 (where the bookmark still rests) because nothing worthwhile was being revealed or seemed likely to be revealed.

There comes a time in ones life when in the course of reading a lengthy book you reach a point where you must decide whether the rest of it is worth the precious time and effort required to finish it.

47 minutes ago, Michael Crane said:

Too bad that you reside in Ireland John,I was going to offer up my address  ;-)

I'm not sure I get that, Michael, but I never claimed to be the sharpest chisel in the toolbox.

4 hours ago, Norman T. Field said:

I do recall that all his 'stuff' disappeared upon his passing. 

The most important colored footlocker was missing by the time family or others got there if I remember right.

47 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

I'm not sure I get that, Michael, but I never claimed to be the sharpest chisel in the toolbox.

John,

It sounded like you was really disappointed in the book.

I was saying that I would give you my address if you did not want it anymore  :-)

*The cost of shipping from Ireland would be a burden.

Edited by Michael Crane

7 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

The most important colored footlocker was missing by the time family or others got there if I remember right.

Verily...like so much of Nagell's proof...not there. 

Sheesh, maybe the CIA swiped it, or maybe not. Who knows? 

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Verily...like so much of Nagell's proof...not there. 

Sheesh, maybe the CIA swiped it, or maybe not. Who knows? 

I agree on Nagell and think there’s just too much unverifiable crap to take him very seriously as a witness. However, one thing that is verifiable is Nagell had a list of the real names of several CIA personnel in his trunk when he was arrested. 

That’s not something you could just look up in a phone book. These people worked under cover, and if I recall, the CIA was legitimately concerned about how Nagell got the names. Desperate mentally ill people looking for psychiatric help don’t usually cruise around with a genuine list of spies in their trunk, so there could be more to Nagell’s story than just a whack-job making stuff up for attention. 

29 minutes ago, Tom Gram said:

I agree on Nagell and think there’s just too much unverifiable crap to take him very seriously as a witness. However, one thing that is verifiable is Nagell had a list of the real names of several CIA personnel in his trunk when he was arrested. 

That’s not something you could just look up in a phone book. These people worked under cover, and if I recall, the CIA was legitimately concerned about how Nagell got the names. Desperate mentally ill people looking for psychiatric help don’t usually cruise around with a genuine list of spies in their trunk, so there could be more to Nagell’s story than just a whack-job making stuff up for attention. 

From what I read, Nagell had bona fide credentials as an Army counter-intel officer in the late 1950s. Perhaps in that capacity he came across a few phone numbers. 

Then he began working for the State of CA employment department, and then the CA Alcohol Beverage Control team.

Were they "cover" jobs---or just jobs he could get on the strength of his service record and people trying to help him out? Who knows?

Perhaps Nagell approached the CIA in 1963 with plausible stories regarding Cuban exiles, and the CIA put some agents on it--who gave Nagell their phone numbers.

The CIA had literally thousands of human assets stateside in the 1960s, due to the Cuban situation. Maybe Nagell was one of those assets, but sadly, he may have been having mental problems also. 

10 hours ago, Michael Crane said:

John,

It sounded like you was really disappointed in the book.

I was saying that I would give you my address if you did not want it anymore  🙂

*The cost of shipping from Ireland would be a burden.

Michael,

I have a habit of holding onto any books I've read or even partly read. They serve as reference sources and as mementos of where I've travelled mentally. I see that The Man Who Knew Too Much is available from Amazon and isn't very expensive. It's also got good reviews there. It might be worth your while getting it from there as you might see a lot more in it than I saw.

John.

Nagell was a double agent,and I don't believe that he had mental problems.I mean it's possible from the plane crash,but,I'm thinking that the CIA wanted to smear his name or he was possibly playing the part.

I think he is responsible for giving DA Jim Garrison the boys names over there in New Orleans like Bannister & especially Clay Shaw.

Edited by Michael Crane