The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

42 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Repugs want to impeach Biden??? oh yes please, you go right ahead and try that, ok? lol. The blowback from such a clown move will be the gift that keeps on giving for years.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/republicans-impeachment-biden-ukraine_n_64d2828de4b0b9c9f3e3c053

Matt,

I knew the 2023 GOP House would be a sh*t show, after they eked out that slim majority in the 2022 election.

But, honestly, it has been even worse than I imagined.  Kevin McCarthy will go down as one of the worst Speakers in history.

At least some of the Republicans joined the Democrats to raise the debt ceiling and pass the 2023 budget bill-- sans Medicare & Social Security cuts.

Are there a handful of semi-honest Republicans in the House who would put the kibosh on a truly ludicrous Biden impeachment vote?  Let's hope so.

I know that Mango Mussolini has already threatened to primary any House Republicans who refuse to vote for a Biden impeachment.

It's still the Age of MAGA Stupid in the Republican Party.

Edited by W. Niederhut

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this film clip , My favorite Congresswoman Katie Porter directly takes on a Defense contractor whose screwing the American taxpayer.

Porter: There's too little Congressional oversight and too much taxpayer money padding the pockets of Big Defense. I will not stop calling out corporate abuse from companies like TransDigm, and I hope more of my colleagues do the right thing for taxpayers.
Quote Tweet

vfzeyP7D_mini.png

Rep. Katie Porter
@RepKatiePorter
·
Jan 19, 2022
In an internal email, a salesperson for TransDigm—a defense contractor—bragged about "being full of B.S." but still making a deal that ripped off taxpayers. Today, I confronted TransDigm's Executive Chairman about the company's price gouging. His response? No comment.

6 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

MAGA terrorist shot and killed by FBI after threatening Biden and NY AG Bragg

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-fatally-shoots-man-utah-allegedly-threatened-biden-alvin-bragg-oth-rcna99083

More of Trump's escalating stochastic terrorism?

And Trump is, apparently, planning to run television ads in Atlanta attacking Fulton County prosecutor Fani Willis.

Is this legal?  If so, it shouldn't be.

IMO, the guy needs to be in jail on a gag order.

Are the judges going to wait until someone gets killed?

Edited by W. Niederhut

I agree completely W.  A strong tone must be set at the onset, and never waver!

My thoughts: I do have some regrets that Garland seemed to waste so much time before giving it over to Smith, who did pick up the ball running. I think we might have even started having some trials soon if Smith had started running the cases from the beginning.

It works out to Trump's advantage and very polarizing that the bulk of this is going to go on in during the primaries and election campaign.

What a podunk state Georgia is that they've still haven't indicted, despite having  smoking gun tape evidence!

But if Trump is convicted and his followers start causing trouble. We've got to resolutely squash them.

No apologies!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Idaho loses its 'Teacher of the Year' after right-wing parents chase her out of state

by Brad Reed August 10, 2023

https://www.rawstory.com/idaho-teacher-of-the-year/

"The Boston Globe reports that, shortly after receiving her award for excellence in teaching, Lauritzen became the target of a right-wing media campaign that flagged her social media posts expressing support for LGBTQ rights and the Black Lives Matter movement.

This led to parents angrily demanding to see her lesson plans, despite the fact that there was no suggestion she ever brought her personal politics into the classroom.

However, parents nonetheless objected to teaching students about other cultures around the world and even teaching them about the United Nations on the grounds that the parents said they "don't believe" in the institution.”

Those poor children. What's going to happen to them when they grow up and have to go out in the real world?

Steve Thomas

I didn't know Thomas is the circuit Justice for Georgia, Florida and Alabama, handling emergency cases.

Trump's lawyers wanted Clarence Thomas to review their 2020 election lies, saying he was their 'only chance' of stopping Biden's victory (msn.com)

The day before Joe Biden is headed to go to Utah, the FBI attempts to arrest a guy in Utah for plotting to assassinate him. 

Donald Trump chooses that day to launch a tirade against Joe Biden.

Up to then he had been focused on Fanni Willis and Jack Smith.

Don't tell me Trump doesn't know what he is doing.

Jack Smith announced he wants the Election Fraud trial to start January 2nd. In typical fashion, Trump flips out.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas