The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Peter Navarro -

"This is the first time in the history of our republic that a senior White House adviser, an alter ego of the president, has ever been charged with the alleged crime," said Navarro. "It's the first time that this has ever happened. Now, at the same time, what's so remarkable about this case is that even as the Department of Justice was bringing this case, they had a policy for more than 50 years that says people like me, senior White House advisers, alter egos of the president, cannot be compelled, cannot be compelled to testify before Congress."

Therein lies the crux of the matter. Navarro wasn't the alter ego of anybody.

He was Wormtongue, whispering in the ear of King Theoden.

Steve Thomas

On 8/19/2023 at 1:15 AM, Matt Allison said:

As difficult as it is to comprehend, the indictments and arrests for the 1/6 investigation are only beginning. The story of this conspiracy will eventually dwarf every other bit of American history.

Hello my friends-

I'm reupping this quote because I believe we will see more Federal charges filed in the 1/6 coup plot early next week.

They will be momentous.

Gird your loins.

Letter from D.A., Fanni Willis to Congressman, Jim Jordan

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23941408-jim-jordan-letter

“As I explain above, the defendants about whom you express concern have been indicted by a Fulton County Grand Jury. That indictment identifies victims. The State of Georgia’s Constitution and laws impose a duty upon me to protect, serve, and seek justice on their behalf. | will fulfill that duty in this case, notwithstanding your attempt to interfere.”

“Here is another reality you must ‘face: Those who wish to avoid (felony charges in Fulton County, Georgia — including violations of Georgia RICO law — should not commit ‘felonies in Fulton County, Georgia.”

Steve Thomas

12 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Hello my friends-

I'm reupping this quote because I believe we will see more Federal charges filed in the 1/6 coup plot early next week.

They will be momentous.

Gird your loins.

Matt,

Any good reference links on this one?

I'm still wondering about a number of unindicted people who may have been involved in Trump's J6 election subversion plot-- including some members of Congress, Roger Stone, Generals Michael and Charles Flynn, Chris Miller, and the Secret Service.

AG’s former top cop says he warned Paxton about “criminal” Paul

Sept. 8, 2023 at 2:42 p.m.

Attorney General Ken Paxton’s former top cop testified Friday that Paxton repeatedly pressured him to investigate Nate Paul’s “conspiracy theories,” even after law enforcement experts found them to be “ludicrous” and debunked them through forensics and other means.

David Maxwell, a veteran law enforcement officer who served as the attorney general’s director of law enforcement, said he repeatedly told Paxton that Paul was a criminal — potentially of historic proportions.

“I told him Nate Paul was a criminal,” Maxwell said. “That he was running a Ponzi scheme that would rival Billie Sol Estes,” the infamous Texas conman who was convicted of stealing millions of dollars in federal crop subsidies in the 1960s.

Rather than heed the warnings by Maxwell — who served more than three decades as a Texas Ranger — Paxton threatened to fire him after he said that he would not investigate Paul’s bizarre claims. The threat, Maxwell said, came during a meeting with a “heated” Paul that Paxton attended but requested not be recorded.

“I knew then what his commitment was to Nate Paul and that he was not going to be deterred,” Maxwell said. “He was angry with me because I was not buying into the big conspiracy theory."

Maxwell was one of the whistleblowers who sued after they were fired by Paxton after reporting him to law enforcement, and said Paxton “ended my career in a very unjust manner.”

“I did nothing wrong by standing up for right,” he added.

-Robert Downen

From the Texas Tribune.

Ron DeSantis birthday card advertisement goes up in flames
By Mark Alesia, September 8, 2023, 
https://www.rawstory.com/raw-investigates/ron-desantis-birthday-card-ad/

"The flagging presidential campaign of Ron DeSantis thought it was a good idea to pay for an ad on X, formerly known as Twitter, encouraging people to wish the Florida governor a happy birthday next Thursday.

The ad comes in the form of a tweet from Casey DeSantis, Ron DeSantis’ wife, and says, “Wish Ron DeSantis Happy Birthday!”

Those who click on the DeSantis ad, which does not appear publicly on Casey DeSantis’ X feed, receive a form to fill in their name, email and phone number — along with a countdown clock showing (down to the second!) how long it is until DeSantis’ birthday.

If you provide a phone number and click the “Sign His Card” button, the fine print says you consent to his robocalls and texts.
Whoever goes that far received a thank-you message for signing the card — and a pitch for a campaign donation, with suggested contributions ranging from $20.24 to $6,600."

Everything, and I mean everything has become one gigantic grift.

Is it any wonder that people are jaded?

Steve Thomas