The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Trump warns of ‘big trouble’ as Supreme Court agrees to hear Colorado ballot case

by Nick Robertson - 01/06/24

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4392902-trump-warns-big-trouble-as-scotus-agrees-hear-colorado-case/

The Supreme Court is set to hear the Colorado case after the state’s Supreme Court determined last month that Trump should not be on the primary ballot due to his involvement in the Jan. 6 insurrection.

“I just hope we get fair treatment,” Trump said at an Iowa rally Friday. “Because if we don’t, our country’s in big, big trouble. Does everybody understand what I’m saying?”

Add the Supreme Court to his lit.

Is there anybody in this country that Trump hasn't threatened?

Steve Thomas

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Remember J-6, Way More than a "Scrum".

Enough with the Big Lie (msn.com)

Yeah, Ron, this Salon article is one of the best of the day for J6.

The Editorial Board at WaPo published a similar op-ed last night, denouncing the current revisionist MAGA history of J6 in the right wing media.

American Trumpsters are still living the Big Lie about Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

They, obviously, live in a MAGA propaganda bubble.

Edited by W. Niederhut

NBC reporter fact-checks Trump at rally after ex-president 'cast shade on Abraham Lincoln'
By David McAfee January 6, 2024 
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-fact-checked-by-nbc-reporter-slavery/

"Donald Trump on Saturday was fact-checked live by a NBC News reporter who was attending the former president's Iowa rally.
Trump said at his rally that the Civil War, and therefore the existence of slavery as an institution, should have been "negotiated," instead of erupting in bloodshed. He also said that no one would have ever heard of Abraham Lincoln had he simply negotiated the conflict between slave states and non-slave states."

Boy, he and Nikki Haley are sure laying the groundwork for another Civil War, aren't they?

Steve Thomas

I wonder if all the billionaires that own guys like Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas are actually lobbying them to ban Trump from the ballot. Trump is an absolute boat anchor to the GOP; he's a guaranteed loser, and I have to think the wealthy zealots are growing tired of again not having a prayer of owning the Presidency.

I don't know what kind of diet could produce such an orange pos!

He even puts Epstein to shame!

GC912q_a0AAmvKA?format=jpg&name=small

Matt, I believe that. He is becoming more of an embarrassment.with every passing day. Could Nikki Haley actually have a  chance of beating Biden.? It seems completely absurd!

It looks like it's Donald Jr. walking him with Kimberly Guilfoyle.

GC7rb6qXYAAoROl?format=jpg&name=large

And speaking of Donald Jr.  Now that we know Trump has been on Epstein's plane 7 times.

This was his previous tweet.

GC88fTGaoAIvq1K?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

7 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I wonder if all the billionaires that own guys like Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas are actually lobbying them to ban Trump from the ballot. Trump is an absolute boat anchor to the GOP; he's a guaranteed loser, and I have to think the wealthy zealots are growing tired of again not having a prayer of owning the Presidency.

You never fail Matt!  My God, what an interesting thought...

21 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

NBC reporter fact-checks Trump at rally after ex-president 'cast shade on Abraham Lincoln'
By David McAfee January 6, 2024 
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-fact-checked-by-nbc-reporter-slavery/

"Donald Trump on Saturday was fact-checked live by a NBC News reporter who was attending the former president's Iowa rally.
Trump said at his rally that the Civil War, and therefore the existence of slavery as an institution, should have been "negotiated," instead of erupting in bloodshed. He also said that no one would have ever heard of Abraham Lincoln had he simply negotiated the conflict between slave states and non-slave states."

Boy, he and Nikki Haley are sure laying the groundwork for another Civil War, aren't they?

Steve Thomas

If Donald Trump knew anything about American history-- which he, obviously does not-- he would know that American political leaders from the North and South had been "negotiating" the slavery issue for decades prior to 1861.

There were a long series of tortured Congressional debates and compromises about the extension of slavery into the Western territories, beginning as early as the Missouri Compromise.

Trump also, apparently doesn't know that the Secession, and the establishment of the Confederate States of America,  occurred in February of 1861, before Lincoln was even inaugurated as POTUS.

The Confederate ship of state had sailed before Lincoln ever arrived in D.C. in 1861.

Here are Pat Metheny and Jaco Pastorius performing Metheny's jazz opus, Missouri Uncompromised.  (I think Pat Metheny was only 17 when he recorded this album with Jaco.)

Edited by W. Niederhut

On 1/5/2024 at 5:28 PM, W. Niederhut said:

Who'd have thunk?

After Biden bombs Baghdad, the Iraqi government wants remaining U.S. troops out of their country.

This is more of your anit-Biden propaganda.

Biden didn't "bomb Baghdad." He killed a terrorist living in Baghdad because he had been involved in the killing of Americans there.

On 1/5/2024 at 5:28 PM, W. Niederhut said:

Iraqi PM seeks to end presence of US-led coalition troops

Source: Deutsche Welle

January 5, 2024

The Iraqi government on Friday announced plans to kick off the process of forcing out the US-led international military coalition. The move comes a day after a US strike killed the commander of a pro-Iran militia.

Prime Minister Mohamed Shia al-Sudani's office said the "government is setting the date for the start of the bilateral committee to put arrangements to end the presence of the international coalition forces in Iraq permanently."

There are some 2,500 US troops stationed in Iraq, along with a further 900 in Syria, as part of efforts to prevent the so-called Islamic State (IS) from resurging.

Al-Sudani's decision comes as parliamentary factions aligned with Iran, and on whose support the prime minister is reliant, reacted with anger over the killing of Mushtaq Jawad Kazim al-Jawari in Baghdad on Thursday.

Read more: https://www.dw.com/en/iraqi-pm-seeks-to-end-presence-of-us-led-coalition-troops/a-67903698

Iraq always threatens to kick the U.S. troops out when the U.S. strikes an Iran-supported terrorist there. Probably to please Iran, their other ally.

But nothing ever comes of it.

52 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

This is more of your anit-Biden propaganda.

Biden didn't "bomb Baghdad." He killed a terrorist living in Baghdad because he had been involved in the killing of Americans there.

Iraq always threatens to kick the U.S. troops out when the U.S. strikes an Iran-supported terrorist there. Probably to please Iran, their other ally.

But nothing ever comes of it.

Sandy,

As you probably know, the end result of Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld's ill-fated invasion and de-Baathification of Iraq is that the country is now governed by the Iranian-allied Shiites-- who constitute two-thirds of Iraq's population.   So, it's not really accurate to characterize Iraq's Iranian-aligned government as "terrorist."

From their perspective, we are the "terrorists"-- the Shock & Awe Yankees who destroyed their country for the Neocons.  We are also the guys who murdered Iranian President Mossadeq and established the Shah's police torture state, under the SAVAK.

It would be interesting to have an honest discussion about how the word "terrorism" has been used in modern history.  For example, some people have referred to Menachem Begin as the "Godfather of Modern Terrorism." Begin and his Irgun comrades dressed up like Arabs when they blew up the King David Hotel. 

Edited by W. Niederhut

On 1/5/2024 at 9:06 AM, W. Niederhut said:

I'd be interested to hear more about your experiences in Iran during the revolution.

William,

Our differences on Biden aside...

I'll tell you about my time in Iran. But first I hope you will permit me to tell a couple of brief stories that you might find humorous.

I had an American companion in Iran and we both spoke Farsi fairly well.

First Story

One time at a dinner party, my companion asked the host, in Farsi, to pass the water to him. Problem is, instead of saying LOTF konid -- roughly meaning "do me a favor" -- he said LOFT konid. That is to say, he reversed the order of the F and T.

At the moment I coincidentally was taking a sip of water from my glass. And I nearly took a spit-take, because what he asked our host to do was "spit the water, please!" LOL, I'd accidentally obliged him. (My spit take was mostly back into the glass)

It took a while to convince our host that it was all an unfortunate accident.

Second Story

My companion and I were taking a taxi in Tehran, and I was riding in the front passenger seat. We were approaching an intersection when the driver asked me which direction to take.

We had told him our destination, but apparently he didn't know how to get there. Not being prepared for the question, and having to think fast, I first began to say "straight" in Farsi, which is MOSTAGHIM. I was half way through saying that when it occurred to me I was mistaken. So only MOSTA- came out.

I changed my mind and said "right," as in "right turn." The Farsi word for that is RAST. But again I stopped part way because I then thought I'd been right the first time. So only "RA" came out.

At which point I stopped, my face turned red, and I planted it in my hands. My companion burst out laughing and the driver patted me on the shoulder, saying "I understand" in Farsi.

Because what I had said in reply to his "where do you want to go," was MOSTA-RA. In English, "The bathroom."

:lol:

39 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:
1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

39 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

... it's not really accurate to characterize Iraq's Iranian-aligned government as "terrorist."

But I didn't characterize Iraq's government as "terrorist."

I said that the man Biden had killed, Mushtaq Jawad Kazim al-Jawari, was a terrorist. He just happened to have been living in Iraq.

He was an Iran-backed militia leader responsible for the deaths of Americans in Iraq.