The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

Did anyone watch 60 Minutes tonight? I didn't, but apparently there was a major story on "Havana Syndrome". I then read an article by one of the investigating teams, and, omg. Wow. I'm kinda speechless.

You guys have to read this. The whole thing; it's long, but it reads like an intelligence briefing, which I guess is essentially what it really is. I have to believe they were given the ok to broadcast and print this stuff, because only recently had the official government line been that Havana Syndrome was a nothing-burger.

I can't think of any precedent for what is in this story. It's incredible.

https://theins.press/en/politics/270425

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Did anyone watch 60 Minutes tonight? I didn't, but apparently there was a major story on "Havana Syndrome".

Here is the 60 Minutes program on Havana Syndrome:

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/havana-syndrome-russia-evidence-60-minutes/

EDIT:  I see now that Matt posted the same thing, except on YouTube.

I remember hearing on TV media, discussions about "directed energy" right after the Havana event.  I'm gonna guess very high frequency sound waves ...wonder how dogs are reacting to this story...

Edited by Paul Bacon
add comma

A day late but, for those who haven't seen it, Trump's warm, heartfelt 2024 Easter greeting to America is worth reading.

IMO, Donald needs to reduce his Adderall dosage...  🤣

blog_trump_easter.jpg

Truth Social shares go into freefall after investors learn how much money it really makes

by Brad Reed April 1, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/truth-social-stock-price/

“Investors on Monday got their first peak at the financials of the Trump Media & Technology Group, the owner of the Truth Social platform — and they did not like what they saw.

Shares in the firm plummeted by more than 15 percent in the hours after it released its financial statement, thus shaving billions of dollars off its market cap.

As of noon on Monday, the shares were trading in the $51 range, after having closed at just under $62 the previous trading day.”

“Given that Trump Media reported a net loss of $58 million last year on revenues of just over $4 million, the firm's current price-earnings ratio is in negative territory,…”

“The Trump Media & Technology Group, the owner of the Truth Social platform, released new financial data on Monday showing that the company lost $58 million over the last year while posting revenues totaling just $4 million.”

That took less than a week.

All those Maga patriots who wanted to prove their loyalty and devotion are now losing their shirts.

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Internet erupts over Truth Social's stock plunge: 'This is what a bloodbath looks like'

by Sky Palma April 1, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-truth-social-2667648014/

Steve Thomas

My question.

How did Trump get away with concealing the $58 million Truth Social annual loss (from 2022-23) before the company went public last week?

Aren't there SEC regulations to prevent these kind of stock scams?

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

My question.

How did Trump get away with concealing the $58 million Truth Social annual loss (from 2022-23) before the company went public last week?

Aren't there SEC regulations to prevent these kind of stock scams?

W.,

It primarily has to do with the merger with this Digital Acquisitions Group.

Tharre's a good explanation in this AP story:

Get a load of that Board of Directors.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-media-truth-social-spac-vote-841820869418c37ad7eed04f2af42854
Shareholders of Digital World Acquisition Corp., a publicly traded shell company, approved a deal to merge with the Trump’s media business in a Friday vote. 
'Many of Digital World’s investors are small-time investors who are either fans of Trump or trying to cash in on the mania, instead of big institutional and professional investors. Those shareholders helped the stock more than double this year in anticipation of the merger going through. But on Friday, the shares lost almost 14%."

"Ahead of Friday’s approval, Digital World’s regulatory filings listed many of the risks its investors face, as well as those of the Truth Social owner once Trump Media also goes public."
"When a publicly traded shell company agrees to buy a private company, the target company takes its place on a stock exchange once the combination is approved by shareholders."

"DWA’s shareholders also voted Friday to approve a slate of seven people, including the former president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., to hold seats on Trump Media’s board. Among the others are former Republican Rep. Devin Nunes, who would also be the company’s CEO; Robert Lighthizer, who served as Trump’s U.S. trade representative; Linda McMahon, who ran the Small Business Administration under Trump; and, Kashyap “Kash” Patel, a White House national security aide during the Trump administration."

A plunge into the public market means Trump’s social media business will soon have to disclose more details.
Private companies are accountable to their owners, while public ones are accountable to the shareholders who own the company’s stock. Once public, Trump Media will be required to report its quarterly finances as well as other material news to federal regulators.

The shareholders said, "Go ahead. We don't care."

Now, when they lose their life's savings, and a small group of investors make a killing short selling, they might.

Steve Thomas

Donald Trump has paid the $175 million to secure his assets from being seized in the fraud case while he appeals the verdict.

The money was fronted by Knight Specialty Insurance Co., which is owned by Don Hankey, the "so-called king of sub-prime car loans", i.e. a used car salesman.

Don Hankey is believed to be the largest shareholder of Axos Bank.

Axos Bank holds the mortgage on Trump Tower and Trump National Doral.

$100 million for Trump Tower and $125 million for Doral.

Table of Trump's liabilities:

https://twitter.com/lawofruby/status/1774961969574871069?s=20

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

Netanyahoo Bombs the Iranian Consulate in Damascus...

Is Bibi trying to jump start the Apocalypse, or what?

Edited by W. Niederhut