The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Donald Trump -

\Washington, D.C.

I had 25,000 people.

Martin Luther King had a million.

I had more people.

I turned off the TV set.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

Slap him with a restraining order': Mary Trump hits J.D. Vance for 'stalking' Harris
 By David Edwards August 8, 2024
https://www.rawstory.com/news/mary-trump-jd-vance/

"Ms. Trump said the Secret Service should "slap him with a restraining order."
"It's probably best not to add stalking to your list of weird behaviors," 

Steve Thomas

August 9th

1854 Henry David Thoreau's Walden was published
1945 The United States bombed Nagasaki
1969 Sharon Tate and four other people found brutally slain
1974 Gerald Ford takes office as President

Steve Thomas

R Reich Article on Appeal of Trumpism

We cannot separate what has happened to the typical American from the dangerous lure of Trumpism. Trump has exploited their anger and anxiety for his own ends, but the anger and anxiety are real. Unless addressed, they will be exploited by other authoritarians long after Trump is history. 

America’s working class has become angrier and more frustrated — and more vulnerable to demagogues like Trump, peddling the politics of hate.

But this doesn’t have to be our fate. We have the power to make the system work for the many, not the few. 

The goal in the upcoming election is not only to vanquish Trump. It’s also to vanquish Trumpism — the attraction of authoritarian fascism. How? By shifting power and wealth away from America’s oligarchs and back toward average working Americans. 

This requires:

Breaking up monopolies. Strengthening labor unions. Making it harder for big corporations to outsource jobs abroad. 

Providing paid leave. Raising the minimum wage. Ensuring that everyone who needs a job has one. 

Making child care and elder care, and housing, affordable. Providing Medicare for all. Paying for this by raising taxes on the super-wealthy and on big corporations. 

And, not the least, getting big money out of politics. 

None of these goals will be easy to achieve. They will demand our energy and tenacity. The Biden-Harris administration has made a good start on them. The Harris-Walz administration will do even more, if given a chance. 

We must all do our part — not just by voting but also by being activists in our communities, our states, and in the nation.

(italics mine)

It will also require purging the Clintons, Rahm Emanuels, Debbie W-Schultz and their ilk from positions of influence in the Dem Party, IMO.   

26 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

August 9th

1854 Henry David Thoreau's Walden was published
1945 The United States bombed Nagasaki
1969 Sharon Tate and four other people found brutally slain
1974 Gerald Ford takes office as President

Steve Thomas

3 tragedies and a good book

"Not just weird, but creepy": JD Vance's stalker moves show the Trump campaign is fully out of ideas
By  AMANDA MARCOTTE
https://www.salon.com/2024/08/09/not-just-weird-but-creepy-jd-vances-stalker-moves-show-the-campaign-is-fully-out-of-ideas/

"As Kamala Harris surges in the polls, Republicans react by trying to drive up the incel vote."

"But having committed to total creepiness as a campaign strategy, Trump and Vance seem stuck."

"And now chasing Harris around on a tarmac like a weirdo trying to hand her an envelope containing a pair of her stolen underwear. No doubt these tactics delight people most of us would cross the street to avoid. But it's hard to imagine it will do much to turn the ship around for the Trump campaign." 

Steve Thomas

16 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

- Donald Trump -

\Washington, D.C.

I had 25,000 people.

Martin Luther King had a million.

I had more people.

I turned off the TV set.

Steve Thomas

bigger than MLK - more orange and annoying than Annoying Orange

Blast from the past 2016 - Annoying Orange meets Donald Trunk (if you must)