The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apropos of nothing, I'm posting this beautiful guitar solo by Pat Metheny.

I've been a Metheny fan for roughly 40 years now, and I own his terrific song book (co-authored by the late Lyle Mays.)

Oddly, I have mainly used the song book to play several of his songs on the piano, (e.g., San Lorenzo, James, Phase Dance) but I've recorded a few with my guitar (e.g., Last Train Home, Never Too Far  Away.)

IMO, Metheny is a national treasure.

Edited by W. Niederhut

Here's a more topical recording for today, from the summer of 1970-- Graham Nash's simple piano protest song about the '68 Chicago Democratic Convention.

I prefer this raw live piano version (from 4 Way Street) to the later electric studio versions.

This is another vinyl album I used to own that disappeared somewhere along the line.  Did it get melted in the sun or loaned out?  🤥

4 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Kind of a misleading title here if you read the full article.  Looks pretty full to me in the picture.

Admission to the general public was only available to volunteers, and after 30,000 people applied, those spots were taken long ago. So any empty seats you see are assigned to people that either weren't seated at that moment, or are not there until tmrw, Wednesday, and Thursday.

While right wing media is desperately trying to invent negatives about the convention, actual reality just makes them look sad and pathetic in their attempts.

But, in good news for MAGA, Putin has offered to take in the people whose beliefs are more aligned with Russia than America. For example, Alex Jones:

4 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Admission to the general public was only available to volunteers, and after 30,000 people applied, those spots were taken long ago. So any empty seats you see are assigned to people that either weren't seated at that moment, or are not there until tmrw, Wednesday, and Thursday.

While right wing media is desperately trying to invent negatives about the convention, actual reality just makes them look sad and pathetic in their attempts.

But, in good news for MAGA, Putin has offered to take in the people whose beliefs are more aligned with Russia than America. For example, Alex Jones:

Matt,

Yes, and he wanted to Trade Puerto Rico for Greenland.

Trump Wanted to Trade Puerto Rico for Greenland, and Yes, He Was Completely Serious: Report
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/09/donald-trump-greenland-puerto-rico

Guess he was tired of throwing out all those paper towels.

When the Prime Minister of Denmark said, "No.", he called her, "Nasty,"

Why is it that any woman who says, "No" to Donald Trump, is "Nasty"?

hhhmmmmm...

Steve Thomas

Is there a relationship between Russia using microwave technology in the June 27 Trump-Biden debate that drugged Biden and the subsequent surprise Ukraine invasion of Russia on August 6 that is now giving Putin nightmares? Yes. American Intelligence agencies quickly figured out what Russia did to Biden on June 27 and the White House developed a payback plan that caught Russia off guard. If Russia now expands its deadly missile attacks deeper into Ukraine and maybe into Kiev itself, expect massive retaliation by Ukraine using America's best missiles and drones to strike deep into Russia, maybe even into Moscow. Already Ukraine has destroyed two essential bridges in Russia and has captured a large number of Russan soldiers.

23 minutes ago, Bill Fite said:

are they those orange ones?

They probably look like toad stools... 😂

May be an image of 3 people and guitar

Buddy Holly must have stood out when he first took the stage at the Apollo Theater on August 16, 1957. The theater guests, mostly African Americans, had come to the show that night expecting to enjoy the soulful sounds of Roy Hamilton, Shep and The Limelites, Clarence “Frogman” Henry and a black R&B group called The Crickets, led by Dean Barlow.
So when a thin, baby-faced rock and roll Texan with thick glasses took the stage and started “hiccupping,” his way through the first song, the guests nearly booed him and his bandmates out of the theater.
Not only were Buddy Holly & The Crickets they the first all-white band ever to take the stage at the Apollo Theater, the guests were expecting to hear a completely different act that night.
According to the official Apollo Theater website, the booking agent had made a minor error. He had mistaken Buddy’s all-white rock ‘n’ roll band with the R&B group simply called “The Crickets.”
But as it turns out, this simple mistake would mark a historic moment for the Apollo Theater and for the new social phenomenon of rock ‘n’ roll music