The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could have afforded a vacation this year (elect bills=natural gas, gasoline, plus), I would definitely would have loved to gone to Colorado, Wyoming, Utah or even Montana for a break.

The verdict is in on how much Texas' heat wave clobbered its economy this summer (msn.com) 

30 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

If I could have afforded a vacation this year (elect bills=natural gas, gasoline, plus), I would definitely would have loved to gone to Colorado, Wyoming, Utah or even Montana for a break.

The verdict is in on how much Texas' heat wave clobbered its economy this summer (msn.com) 

Ron,

My wife's cousin from Dallas was so sick of the heat wave in Texas this year that he and some friends came up to Estes Park, Colorado on Thursday, to spend a few days at my father-in-law's cabin.

Then it snowed last night, and it will get down to 14 F tonight, with a high of 23 F today.

Life isn't fair.

Edited by W. Niederhut

This is depressing as well.  Not only will we, our kids and grandkids and more fry in the process, but looking to 2100, stay out of Cowtown, gridlock is a mild term.

This Texas metropolitan area will be larger than New York, LA by year 2100, study shows (msn.com)

Trump, who once appeared to defend January 6 threats against Pence, calls on his former VP to endorse him

By Kate Sullivan and Kristen Holmes, CNN Sun October 29, 2023

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/28/politics/trump-pence-endorsement-antisemitism-biden/index.html

“Former President Donald Trump said Saturday that Mike Pence should endorse his bid for the White House after his former vice president dropped out of the race for the Republican nomination earlier in the day.

“Because I had a great successful presidency, and he was the vice president, he should endorse me,” said Trump, the front-runner for the 2024 GOP nod. “I chose him, made him vice president. But … people in politics can be very disloyal. I’ve never seen anything like it.””

I know I tried to kill you and your family, but hey, you know...

Steve Thomas

Pursuant to MAGA Mike Johnson's election as Speaker of the House, some soundbite ideological dot-connecting to argue that the Continuity of the Coup in Dallas is in full bloom:

June 24, 2020, Louisiana GOP Representative [now newly elected House Speaker] Mike Johnson tweeted support of Trump's pardon of Gen. Mike Flynn:

Justice has been served for Gen. Flynn. Now it must come for the rogue bureaucrats who targeted him, threatened his freedom, and trampled on the Constitution, all because he is a conservative.@Jim_Jordan & I will not rest until they are held accountable. — Mike Johnson, (R) Louisiana

Six months earlier, Gen. John K. "Jack" Singlaub — once chair of the World Anti-Communist League (WACL), advisor to Western Goals Foundation which was heavily funded by the sons of Dallas oilman H. L. Hunt, and key player in the illegal Iran-Contra operation in the mid-1980's — had pled with Trump's AG Bill Barr to "free [Gen.] Mike Flynn, drop the charges."

Singlaub had served a long stint as the chair of America's Future, Inc, an extreme right non-profit org. founded in the 1940s under the rubric of "combatting communism". Gen. Mike Flynn — recipient of enthusiastic support from now Speaker Mike Johnson — recently assumed chairmanship of America's Future.

A leading figure in America's Future in the 1970s and '80s was Phyllis Schlafly, infamous as an outspoken opponent of the Equal Rights Amendment and referred to as the 'First Lady of a Political March to the Right.'

On the tenth anniversary of the assassination in Dallas, Schlafly advanced the lie to her extreme-right following that Lee Oswald was responsible for Kennedy's murder having been "brainwashed by the Fair Play for Cuba Committee to hate Pres. Kennedy" — a variation on the theme that continues to preoccupy an influential wing of the assassination research community in lieu of pursing who killed JFK.

Schlafly wrote:
' . . . Only three weeks later, Lee Harvey Oswald shot President John Kennedy. Oswald had lived in the Soviet Union, was permitted to travel freely there, to marry a Russian and take her out of the country. After he returned to the United States, he was brainwashed by the Fair Play for Cuba Committee to hate President Kennedy because Kennedy had forced Khrushchev to remove the Soviet missiles from their Cuban launching pads.'

Full circle to  America's Future and the Schlafly - Singlaub - Flynn messianic ideology: Begin Min. 44:45 of Frontline's Michael Flynn's Holy War to appreciate the microcosm of Gen. Flynn's dangerous tactics that mirror prevailing antics in the early '60s of staunch members of the WACL including Generals Edwin Walker, Charles Willoughby, Pedro del Valle — in league with Nazis SS Otto Skorzeny, Hans Ulrich Rudel, Leon Degrelle — in the lead up to the coup in Dallas.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

Donald Trump's lawyer is complaining that Trump has so many trials that he can't attend them all.

He want to appear in Florida by telephone.

"As the Court may be aware, the undersigned counsel for President Trump, Christopher M. Kise, is unable to attend the November 1st hearing in person because he is engaged at trial in New York State Supreme Court. Given this conflict, the undersigned respectfully requests that this Court allow him to attend the November 1, 2023, hearing telephonically," Kise wrote in his submission."

But it's not Trump;s fault. "They" are just out to get him.

""The fact that they continue to contend that it is appropriate and not a violation of President Trump's due process rights to push forward with back-to-back multi-month trials in different districts with wholly different facts — over a defendant's objection — reveals a central truth about these cases," Kise wrote".

Trump lawyer whines that ex-president has so many trials it's impossible to attend them

By Sky Palma October 31, 2023

https://www.rawstory.com/christopher-m-kise/

Dirty old them. Them's just out to get him.

Steve Thomas

President Biden, who proclaimed he was a Zionist, had led America to be charged with abetting the genocide going on in Palestine. 

Protesters calling Antony Blinken a 'murderer' demand ceasefire in Gaza and derail hearing: Demonstrators hauled out and put up hands covered in 'blood' amid chaos in Congress | Daily Mail Online

TRUMP LAWYER CLETA MITCHELL ESCAPED GEORGIA INDICTMENT — AND STILL LEADS ELECTION DENIAL MOVEMENT 

Unencumbered by a fierce legal battle, Mitchell remains one of the most influential people in the movement that’s undermining American democracy.

https://theintercept.com/2023/09/13/trump-indictment-cleta-mitchell-election/

Heritage Foundation — funded by known Nazi sympathizer Joseph Coors of Colorado-based Coors Brewing — was cofounded in 1973 by a young GOP operative Paul Weyrich who transferred to the Latin Church in opposition to the Second Vatican Council. The following year, he persuaded Coors to also finance the Committee for the Survival of a Free Congress which became active in eastern European politics after the Cold War. Weyrich's right-hand man in the effort was Laszlo Pasztor, a former leader of the pro-Nazi Arrow Cross Party in Hungary which collaborated with Hitler's Third Reich. Weyrich once lamented: "Christ was crucified by the Jews ... He was not what the Jews had expected so they considered Him a threat. Thus He was put to death."

Turn the Heritage Foundation kaleidoscope "just so" to understand the election of MAGA Mike Johnson (Trump's appellation, not mine) as Speaker of the House from which Project 2025 — brainchild of conservative business interests served by the think tank Heritage — may well replace our federal democratic republic form of government established by the Constitution.

Johnson — who acted under the radar in efforts to overturn the 2020 election — has announced that Dan Zeigler, former MD for Gov't. Relation for Heritage Action of Heritage Foundation, will lead his policy department; Spencer Chretien, once the membership manager of ALEC — the Koch funded American Legislative Exchange Council — is Heritage Foundation's associate director of the 2025 Presidential Transition Project. Chretien served as Trump's 'special assistant and assoc. director of presidential personnel.' 

Heritage board includes Cleta Mitchell who somehow skirted indictment for her role in attempts to overthrow American democracy in 2020. Cleta is a close friend and political ally of Ginni Thomas, wife of SCJ Clarence Thomas who failed to report significant gifts from US corporatists whose business interests have been served by his decisions over decades, including Harlan Crow whose father's Trammell Crow Development Co. looms large in the history of events leading to the coup in Dallas November 22, 1963.

Edited by Leslie Sharp