The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

For the next week we'll have to debate what the cause was for the pathetic turnout in Iowa tonight; was it the weather? Lack of enthusiasm for Trump? A combination of both?

New Hampshire will be far more telling, IMO, as to what Trump's actual support numbers really are.

Very much looking forward to REAL DATA, instead of polls lol

I hope she does make a race of it. Of course, Matt you're not from New Hampshire so all your conjecture as to Haley having a chance at all is from polling, or from the talking heads that use polling.

I'd say barring any watershed event, Trump is the nominee  for the Republican Party.

Outside of health, the watershed event could be a conviction of one of the major crimes, as a quarter of Republicans have said that would persuade them  to not vote for Trump. Of course that's if you think that those polls have any validity.

That seems reasonable to me,  but right now it doesn't look like any verdicts are going to come by November, though I '  hope I'm wrong, but that doesn't preclude considerable damage being done to Trump in the ongoing trials.

Trump could gut  the federal cases if he was to become President, except in Georgia, with the most open and shut case with a smoking gun recording, but the prosecutors decided to cast a wide blanket with 19 different indictments of individuals, so that will prolong that case, though some have already turned. Let's hope!

Kirk- I think Trump will be the nominee as well, which is fine by me, as he can't win.

Btw, there are just over 2 million registered voters in Iowa, and today all Donald Trump got was about 56,000 of them to vote for him. Yes, it was only a caucus election, but that isn't an impressive metric at all, imo.

Iowa Republicans consistently pick losers.

In 2008, they picked Mike Huckabee

in 2012, they picked Rick Santorum

In 2016, they picked Ted Cruz

in 1988, they picked Pat Robertson

Iowa is no big deal.

Steve Thomas

The Republican candidates in Iowa spent $120 million on this caucus campaign.

That averages out to about $1,100 dollars per vote cast.

To me this is honestly a sort of back door tribute to race relations in America among a certain strata of our population. Of which I'm one.

2 cool back dudes, review Louis CK roasting blacks.

Laughter can bridge the world. I believe that!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

11 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

To me this is honestly a sort of back door tribute to race relations in America among a certain strata of our population. Of which I'm one.

2 cool back dudes, review Louis CK roasting blacks.

Laughter can bridge the world. I believe that!

Kirk,

Louis CK told a funny joke on SNL some years ago, before his sex scandal.

Q.  Why did the chicken cross the road?

A.  Because he saw some black guys walking toward him.

Meanwhile, more Iowa arithmetic.

One third of Repubs still believe that Trump won the 2020 election.

Trump won 51% of the Iowa vote.

So, my estimate is that at least 60% of Iowa's Trump voters are the troglodytes who think Trump won the 2020 election.

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Only 14.4% of Iowa registered Republican voters participating in the caucuses yesterday.

Iowa Caucus Turnout Was Lowest in Years (wsj.com)

Worst turnout in 24 years.

What's fascinating is that Trump isn't intelligent enough to see the flashing red warning signs in last night's numbers. He's in the middle of a dopamine rush because he got himself his first election win since 2016; his malignant narcissism temporarily satiated as he beat the 2nd place finisher by 30 points. That's all he's thinking about.

The Justice Department is hiding information that would help exonerate Donald Trump in the Mar-a-Lago documents case.

Therefore we demand that the Government turn over the communications from every employee in the National Weather Service and the School Lunch Program and their relatives and their friends who might have ever talked about the case with anyone.

Oh, and by the way, it will take us 12 years to go through it all.

Steve Thomas

On 1/15/2024 at 1:39 PM, W. Niederhut said:

How my day started...  😱

Me:  "Alexa, what's the weather?"

Alexa:  "Currently, in Denver, it's -2 degrees.  Today, you can expect snowy weather, with a high of -1 and a low of -14 degrees."

1705271098249.jpg?w=1920

Roadside sign:  Alexa, skip to spring.