The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Published in 1944, and de-classified in 2008, the OSS (later to become the CIA) produced

"General Interference with Organizations and Production:" Here are some about sabotaging meetings:

• Insist on doing everything through "channels." Never permit short-cuts to be taken in order to expedite decisions.

• Make "speeches." Talk as frequently as possible and at great length. Illustrate your "points" by long anecdotes and accounts of personal experiences.

• When possible, refer all matters to committees, for "further study and consideration." Attempt to make the committee as large as possible — never less than five.

• Bring up irrelevant issues as frequently as possible.

• Haggle over precise wordings of communications, minutes, resolutions.

• Refer back to matters decided upon at the last meeting and attempt to re-open the question of the advisability of that decision.

• Advocate "caution." Be "reasonable" and urge your fellow-conferees to be "reasonable"and avoid haste which might result in embarrassments or difficulties later on.

https://boingboing.net/2024/02/12/how-to-disrupt-meetings-the-cia-way.html

It’s eerie how familiar this sounds in our modern day politics.

Steve Thomas

Donald trump asks the Supreme Court to step in.

APPLICATION FOR A STAY OF THE D.C. CIRCUIT’S MANDATE PENDING

THE FILING OF A PETITION FOR WRIT OF CERTIORARI

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/24424095/23a745.pdf

The questions presented are:

I. Whether the doctrine of absolute presidential immunity includes immunity from

criminal prosecution for a President’s official acts, i.e., those performed within the “‘outer

perimeter’ of his official responsibility.” Nixon v. Fitzgerald, 457 U.S. 731, 756 (1982)

(quoting Barr v. Matteo, 360 U.S. 564, 575 (1959)).

II. Whether the Impeachment Judgment Clause, U.S. CONST. art. I, § 3, cl. 7, and principles

of double jeopardy foreclose the criminal prosecution of a President who has been impeached

and acquitted by the U.S. Senate for the same and/or closely related conduct that underlies

the criminal charges.

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Donald trump asks the Supreme Court to step in.

APPLICATION FOR A STAY OF THE D.C. CIRCUIT’S MANDATE PENDING

THE FILING OF A PETITION FOR WRIT OF CERTIORARI

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/24424095/23a745.pdf

The questions presented are:

I. Whether the doctrine of absolute presidential immunity includes immunity from

criminal prosecution for a President’s official acts, i.e., those performed within the “‘outer

perimeter’ of his official responsibility.” Nixon v. Fitzgerald, 457 U.S. 731, 756 (1982)

(quoting Barr v. Matteo, 360 U.S. 564, 575 (1959)).

II. Whether the Impeachment Judgment Clause, U.S. CONST. art. I, § 3, cl. 7, and principles

of double jeopardy foreclose the criminal prosecution of a President who has been impeached

and acquitted by the U.S. Senate for the same and/or closely related conduct that underlies

the criminal charges.

Steve Thomas

What a joke.

Since Chief Justice John Roberts presided over the January 2021 Senate impeachment trial of Donald Trump, he knows better than anyone that the GOP-controlled McConnell Senate refused to even hear the damning evidence in the case.

It was a sham Senate "acquittal."

And, ironically, many Republicans claimed at the time that Trump's J6 sedition case needed to be adjudicated in the courts.

Edited by W. Niederhut

Taylor Swift has 543 million followers!

Here's the Taylor Swift clip  where she says she's not going to sit this election out endorsement wise. Fox News and Trump have both responded.

First Trump tweets that Taylor is ungrateful and owes her music success to Trump! Fox news started out concocting a  CIA conspiracy plan that had Kelce proposing to Swift after the KC Chiefs win  in the Super Bowl, and then together issuing a joint statement endorsing Joe Biden for President.

When both Trump and Fox realized how stupid they looked,  they spent the last few days before the Super Bowl trying to get back in Swift's good graces!.

Here's the Taylor video clip.

Here's Trump's first tweet upon seeing the clip.

GGEvcx_a0AAChv0?format=jpg&name=small

Trump decides Swift's pretty powerful to cross and tweets to try to make up with her. Unfortunately the Kansas City  that has the Chiefs is in Missouri!

EP0hsEhX0AEMHdy?format=jpg&name=medium

"One of the presidents of a big country stood up and said, 'Well, sir, if we don't pay, and we're attacked by Russia, will you protect us?' I said,..."

I know he's lying, because leaders of other countries don't stand up when they want to talk to Trump. They are leaders of countries in their own right and are co-equals. and they don't call him "sir" as if they are subservient.

Steve Thomas

- Donald Trump -

"Tricky Nikki is CRASHING in the Polls," ... The other day, she had almost no people attend her “rally” ... an embarrassment to her wonderful husband, in Africa. I think he should come back home to help save her dying campaign."

Piece of...

Steve Thomas

Non sequitur alert...

I don't know if anyone else around here watches Rick Beato's YouTube interviews of musicians.  I think they're terrific.

Here's Rick's latest commentary on Usher and 21st century Super Bowl half-time shows.