The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, MAGA Mike Johnson just tried to justify the farcical impeachment of Alejandro Matorkas by saying, "Desperate times call for desperate measures."

Mind you, this is the same disingenuous MAGA milquetoast who recently blocked a House vote on the bipartisan Senate border security bill, for Trump.*

To paraphrase Winston Churchill, Mike Johnson is like a "slimy salamander, wrapped in a film of fraudulence, inside of a Louisiana swamp rat."

* (McConnell, Rick Scott, and Senate Republicans flipped on approving their bipartisan border security bill after Mike Johnson told them that he would not bring it to a House vote.)

Edited by W. Niederhut

"I will encourage Russia to whatever the hell they want"

"I want absulute immunity, because I want to do whatever the hell I want."

There's a pattern here. It's called arrested development. 

You've heard of the "terrible two's"

Steve Thomas

4 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

"I will encourage Russia to whatever the hell they want"

"I want absulute immunity, because I want to do whatever the hell I want."

There's a pattern here. It's called arrested development. 

You've heard of the "terrible two's"

Steve Thomas

It's also called, "narcissistic entitlement."

I worked with some wealthy narcissists during my career who exhibited that disturbing character trait.  

It goes hand-in-hand with a general lack of empathy.  🙄

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-sends-melania-valentines-day-message-through-campaign-email-1869942
"On Wednesday, the Trump campaign sent out an email with the subject line "I love you, Melania!" The email read: "THIS IS A VALENTINE'S DAY LETTER FROM DONALD J. TRUMP: Dear Melania,I LOVE YOU! Even after every single INDICTMENT, ARREST, and WITCH HUNT, you never left my side. You've always supported me through everything. I wouldn't be the man I am today without your guidance, kindness, and warmth. You will always mean the world to me, Melania! From your husband with love, Donald J. Trump. Please leave some kind words for the First Lady this Valentine's Day!"
The email also contains three "SEND YOUR LOVE" buttons, which bring supporters to a donation page that repeats the Valentine's Day message, and says: "If you love Melania, I humbly ask you for you to leave her some kind words below!"
A box with the caption "PLEASE LEAVE SOME KIND WORDS FOR THE FIRST LADY THIS VALENTINE'S DAY – SEND HER YOUR LOVE!" appears along with a list of suggested donations."

... And the beat goes on, the beat goes on.

The sleaze just oozes out of every pore.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

The sleaze just oozes out of every pore.

One of my favorite parts of this whole clown show will be in November, when on the morning after the election GOP bigwigs will all be moaning about how they "didn't see this coming. How could this have happened?"

Living in an alternate reality is a bitch.

qcxida5gcghc1.jpeg

I wish when Oliver Stone did his 10 hour interview with Putin, he knew he was as full of sh-t as Tucker does here.

Hey i enjoyed Oliver drinking and getting high with Bill Maher but his defense of Putin in this interview is so cultish.

Vlad can do no wrong, ( what's that about Ukraine?) He refuses to believe there could be anything fishy about Prighozin's death.  All these Soviet journalists thrown out of windows were troublemakers and any western journalists imprisoned obviously had it coming!

- Lara Trump, soon to be the co-chair of the Republican National Committee -

"“Every single penny will go to the No. 1 – and the only job of the RNC — that is electing Donald J. Trump as president of the United States,”

So, all that donor money that will be given to the RNC will go to Donald Trumps PAC.

Donald Trump's PAC is paying his legal fees.

Good luck of you are a Republican Congressman or Senator looking for RNC help paying for yard signs or TV ads. All that money is going towards keeping Donald Trump out of jail instead.

Steve Thomas

Michael Roman the man who brought these Fani Willis allegations
e1286307749818bb5023ed6f15aec8af9df337c9

Mike Roman, seen in his booking photo Aug. 25 in Atlanta, is charged along with Donald Trump
for allegedly conspiring to overturn the 2020 election in Georgia.
(Washington Post illustration; iStock; Fulton County Sheriff's Office/AP)

February 15, 2024

Michael Roman is an American political operative and opposition researcher. Roman was a staffer for President Donald Trump from 2017 to 2018. He subsequently worked for the Trump 2020 campaign as director of election day operations.

Roman has a history of making misleading and unsubstantiated claims about voter fraud. On Election Day in 2020, he posted baseless and deceptive claims of voter fraud. He delivered the list of false electors for Michigan and Wisconsin to US Representative Mike Kelly who provided them to US Senator Ron Johnson. Staff of Ron Johnson tried to get these lists to Vice President Mike Pence before the count of the electoral votes on January 6, 2021.

On September 12, 2022, the New York Times reported that agents of the U.S. Justice Department seized Roman's cell phone in conjunction with 40 subpoenas issued in the investigation of the false electors. CNN reported in June 2023 that Roman had entered into a proffer agreement with the Smith special counsel investigation. On August 14, 2023, Roman was indicted under RICO charges in Fulton County, Georgia, related to activities attempting to overturn the 2020 election.

Prior to joining the Trump presidential campaign, Roman headed up an intelligence gathering operation for Charles and David Koch, industrialists and high-profile Republican donors. The now-defunct office surveilled and gathered intelligence on liberal opponents of conservative policies.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Roman

Mike Roman is in the spotlight after his bombshell allegations of an improper relationship between Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis and a lawyer she hired to help prosecute the former president

As Mike Roman spoke to a gathering of fellow conservative activists in March 2022, he offered a glimpse of the intelligence-gathering skills he had honed over the previous decade working as an opposition researcher for Donald Trump and Republican megadonors.

“I show my wife this all the time when we go to a hotel,” Roman told the crowd in Harrisburg, Pa., according to an audio recording reviewed by The Washington Post. “She logs on to the Hilton WiFi, and I go on and I ‘tap, tap, tap,’ and I show her everybody else that’s on there and how we could get into their computer.”

After spending years digging in the shadows, Roman is now in the spotlight, having landed a damaging blow to the racketeering case that Georgia prosecutors are pursuing against Trump and more than a dozen others — including Roman — for trying to overturn the 2020 election. Roman has pleaded not guilty.

In a bombshell legal filing on Jan. 8, Roman’s attorney alleged that Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis (D), who is heading the prosecution, is in a romantic relationship with Nathan Wade, an outside lawyer she hired for the case. While Wade’s firm was receiving more than $650,000 in public funds, Wade — who has been embroiled in a messy divorce — was paying for vacations with Willis in the Caribbean and elsewhere, according to Roman, who alleges that Willis improperly benefited.

Roman has asked a judge to toss out his indictment and disqualify both prosecutors from the case, a request that will be the subject of a hearing scheduled for Feb. 15. Whatever its outcome, the salacious allegations have already given Trump ammunition for attacks aimed at discrediting the prosecution. “When is Fani going to drop the case,” he asked on social media, “or should it be dropped for her?”

www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/02/02/mike-roman-trump-georgia-election-case-fani-willis/

No paywall

archive.is/e3wTH

13 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Very interesting to me, personally, as an Orthodox Christian convert (from agnosticism and childhood Protestantism.)

I have traveled in Greece, but I'm not very knowledgeable about their contemporary culture.  My guess is that old-fashioned conservatives will be angry about this legislation, but that most Greeks will accept it.

Edited by W. Niederhut