The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

So the fake polls are becoming an issue; they are being weaponized and being used as propaganda to set a narrative. This is concerning and I would personally like to know why it's happening, and who is driving it. Is it the wealthy owners of the media conglomerates that want their tax break welfare back?

That NYT poll from yesterday had Trump winning women and Hispanics, and we know that is simply ridiculous.

The pollster has been getting heat on Twitter because of the obvious fakery.

These are deliberate acts; the NYT poll used rural voters as 35% of their sample pool, despite rural voters only being 18% of the electorate.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

So the fake polls are becoming an issue; they are being weaponized and being used as propaganda to set a narrative. This is concerning and I would personally like to know why it's happening, and who is driving it. Is it the wealthy owners of the media conglomerates that want their tax break welfare back?

That NYT poll from yesterday had Trump winning women and Hispanics, and we know that is simply ridiculous.

These are deliberate acts; the NYT poll used rural voters as 35% of their sample pool, despite rural voters only being 18% of the electorate.

Shame on the NYT for this nonsense!

Their reputation has been in the toilet lately, in any case.

I read the NYT for 40 years, but cancelled my subscription in 2017 after I learned the details about their 2016 sabotage of Hillary Clinton's Presidential candidacy.

Edited by W. Niederhut

On 3/2/2024 at 9:41 AM, W. Niederhut said:

Record high 95 F temperatures in Dallas this week, with the largest wildfire in Texas history in the Panhandle.

We have also had some wildfires on the front range up here in Colorado, including one at the U.S. Air Force Academy.

My wife and I have been in Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park this week, and the wind was so high recently that it actually blew a wooden Adirondack chair off of our neighbors patio, down the hill.

Texas wildfire becomes largest in state history, "critical" fire weather threatens

www.axios.com/2024/02/29/texas-wildfire-largest-state-history-forecast

March 2, 2024

Yeah, we hit 93 here I think it was last Tuesday.  In February!  That blew my mind.  Makes me wonder about July-August-September.  More records to be broken?

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yeah, we hit 93 here I think it was last Tuesday.  In February!  That blew my mind.  Makes me wonder about July-August-September.  More records to be broken?

Yeah, Ron, and do people realize how HUGE this fire in the Texas Panhandle is?

Currently, it's bigger than some U.S. states.

1709479430509.png?w=1920

Edited by W. Niederhut

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

holy crap I had no idea that fire was so out-of-control, what the hell

Up to 59 mph wind, near 90 degrees there, in February, tall gall grass from a wet mild winter, now dried out.

Firefighters battling ‘monster’ Texas wildfire contend with strong winds and heat as residents grapple with lost homes (msn.com)

10 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Yeah, sh-t polls. But maybe they are a good thing. Providing the public can live with any gaffes either Biden or Trump may have between now and election time. I think if the Dems turn out the vote, they will win, and maybe this is an incentive that they can't just do nothing and expect to win.

I think the Dems messaging had been terrible up to now. Biden has to look engaging.  In the last few months. I don't now if his strategy has been  to convince everybody his hibernating in the White House is because he's so engaged in being President is really working. The Dems have most of the creative minds in their camp, but they never seem to use them.

Is there really going to be a debate in this election? I don't think I ever was more anxious before a debate as I was at the first one between BIden and and Trump in 2020. But Biden beat him because Trump came on with early covid and was thrashing around like a pig. Then Biden held his own and beat him in the other debates, but with the climate now, I wonder if Biden can still do it. Or will Trump look stronger because the whole thing is a bs show anyway. I'd almost sooner skip it, but Biden may  later not feel he has a choice because he'll  be under pressure from these polls.

Biden should start using his position to turn the tables and go to the Knesset to push for his ceasefire plan and tell them there has to be some post war plan and as revolting as it may be now to think of, it should  involve a 2 state solution with the region kicking in funds. The previous PM Israeli Ehud Ohmert says the visit would help Biden politically in the U.S. with  Jews, Arabs, and liberals, and I agree. Biden should push that he's the only guy  who can make a difference. He can't look bad for trying.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2024/03/03/gps-0303-ehud-olmert-on-president-biden-and-the-war-in-gaza.cnn

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Doug,

My take on this is that the SCOTUS punted on the issue of whether Trump is disqualified by the 14th Amendment from holding public office.

Instead, they ruled on the issue of whether an individual state has the right to interpret and enforce the Insurrection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

Is that correct?

Edited by W. Niederhut

9 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I don't now if [Biden's] strategy has been  to convince everybody his hibernating in the White House is because he's so engaged in being President is really working.

Expect to see Biden come out fighting beginning with his State of the Union address.

9 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Biden should start using his position to turn the tables and go to the Knesset to push for his ceasefire plan and tell them there has to be some post war plan and as revolting as it may be now to think of, it should  involve a 2 state solution with the region kicking in funds.

That has been Biden's strategy all along. First to befriend Netanyahu and gain his ear. The to try and get Netanyahu to reduce collateral killings as much as possible. And finally to demand payback from Israel in the form of their support (or at least tolerance) of two states.

Biden has been working behind the scenes for several weeks now trying to get a humanitarian ceasefire. Netanyahu has barely budged and that is why Biden has ordered humanitarian airdrops.

From the article: In addition, through its backing of and weaponizing of Israel in these last grim months, Washington has made a mockery of the human rights talking points that the U.S. has long deployed against Iran. In the process, Joe Biden has done more than any recent president to undermine both international humanitarian law and democratic principles globally. With 94% of Arab poll respondents viewing American policy in the region as “bad,” one thing is clear: for the moment at least, Iran has won the Middle East.

Is Tehran Winning the Middle East? How the Gaza Conflict Made Democracy's Name Mud for Millions (juancole.com)

22 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

From the article: In addition, through its backing of and weaponizing of Israel in these last grim months, Washington has made a mockery of the human rights talking points that the U.S. has long deployed against Iran. In the process, Joe Biden has done more than any recent president to undermine both international humanitarian law and democratic principles globally. With 94% of Arab poll respondents viewing American policy in the region as “bad,” one thing is clear: for the moment at least, Iran has won the Middle East.

Is Tehran Winning the Middle East? How the Gaza Conflict Made Democracy's Name Mud for Millions (juancole.com)

Just a sample of Juan Cole's anti-Israel anti-American propaganda. (He hates American support for Israel.)

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Doug,

My take on this is that the SCOTUS punted on the issue of whether Trump is disqualified by the 14th Amendment from holding public office.

Instead, they ruled on the issue of whether an individual state has the right to interpret and enforce the Insurrection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

Is that correct?

From New York Times subtitle to its article on the court's ruling: The justices ruled that the 14th Amendment did not allow states to bar the former president from the ballot. The justices gave different reasons, but the decision was unanimous.