The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/27/2024 at 11:15 AM, W. Niederhut said:

Hey, some rare good news today...  

Election Year Audience Erosion Continues for Right Wing Websites — TheRighting: Alerting mainstream audiences about headlines from the right

Right Wing Election Year Traffic Erosion Continues; MSM Falters Too

Election+Yr+Feb+20+to+24+screenshot.png?

That's fascinating W. but inappropriately titled as all the big media is eclipsed! Even the NYT doesn't even move the needle anymore except among a very small percentage of Democrat elites. The NYT and WAPO are literally begging me with cut rate subscriptions! It's a bit sad  as they are among the best writing, and still have some good journalism.Unfortunately, when you're left to online alt. media, you get a lot of skewed sources as we are seeing on the JFKA side.

Interesting to see only Newsmax is growing! I assume that's probably from disaffected Fox viewers.

However, one good thing about the dissolution is the further marginalization of government attempts to infiltrate media. Operation Mockingbird had been steadily eroding even before the advent of Social Media, and isn't a fraction of the  influence it was when we were growing up, but the irony is, now through Social Media and alternative websites, The Phrase "Operation Mockingbird" has just become a dog whistle phrase for the MAGA and the Alt Right and their masters who seek to dismantle the "administrative state". 

Kimberly Guilfoyle, from youthful idealism to , fill in the blanks-----------   ------------

Kimberly Guilfoyle, from youthful idealism to  glutted despair!

the-company-you-keep-v0-143gk2hnctqc1.jp

Yeah, Ali McGraw got mad with you
For givin' head to Steve McQueen

I don't know where to draw the line
Yeah, I'll make bets that you're gonna get
John Wayne before he dies

SFer SFer SFer SFer S

Donald Trump, while on his way to the funeral of a New York Policeman,  shared a video of a pickup truck flying Back the Blue flags, traveling down the highway with a mural of a kidnapped Joe Biden lying on his side bound with ropes.

Has anybody picked up on the irony here?

Is that what the police do in this country?

Kidnap people and thrown them in the back of pickup trucks?

Sounds like some kind of third-world dictatorship.

Steve Thomas

9 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Kimberly Guilfoyle, from youthful idealism to , fill in the blanks-----------   ------------

Kimberly Guilfoyle, from youthful idealism to  glutted despair!

the-company-you-keep-v0-143gk2hnctqc1.jp

Yeah, Ali McGraw got mad with you
For givin' head to Steve McQueen

I don't know where to draw the line
Yeah, I'll make bets that you're gonna get
John Wayne before he dies

SFer SFer SFer SFer S

LOL.  This meme says it all.

As for Newsmax, Kirk, I think you are correct about disgruntled Fox viewers migrating to Newsmax.

I'm on a sports forum where some MAGA guys have recently talked about switching to Newsmax after Fox "went left"-- i.e., Fox started occasionally telling the truth about Psycho Donald.

- This is how Donald Trump spent Easter Sunday -

And it's only the middle of the day.

From Raw Story:

"Trump, who literally directed one "happy Easter" post to those he "despises" such as "corrupt" prosecutors and judges in his criminal cases, wrote dozens of posts earlier in the day. One report on Sunday stated that the ex-president spent "Easter Morning on a Social Media Bender — With Whopping 43 POSTS About Judge Engoron, Jon Stewart and More."

Political onlookers were also quick to point out the spree on social media."

Steve Thomas

Education Forum Easter humor update...

MAGA warrior, Kevin Hofeling, posted the following diatribe about the notorious EF lib "keyboard warrior," Kirk Gallaway, today.   It's even funnier than Trump's ALL CAPS Easter rant... 

Did Herr Hofeling know that Kirk was referring to our old MAGA friend, Mathew Koch?

How will Kirk ever live this down?  😂

Hofeling:  Listen up, keyboard warrior, your verbose drivel reeks of intellectual impotence. You prance around like a self-appointed gatekeeper, wielding your thesaurus like a blunt weapon. But let's dissect your pitiful attempt at wit, shall we?

First, you label our new forum member as "sophomoric." Ah, the classic move of the insecure intellect: belittle those who dare challenge your echo chamber. Perhaps you should take a break from your pretentious soliloquies and engage in some actual critical thinking. It might do wonders for that intellectual constipation you're suffering from.

Next, you invoke the illustrious "Koch ll." A name dropped with the reverence of a cult leader, as if it grants you access to the inner sanctum of enlightenment. But let's be real: your knowledge of Koch is about as deep as a kiddie pool. You're like a flat-earther trying to explain quantum physics—utterly out of your depth.

And what's this about "militant homage" to conspiracy superheroes? Are you auditioning for the role of Captain Obvious in the next Marvel movie? Newsflash: your tin-foil hat isn't a fashion statement; it's a cry for help.

Edited by W. Niederhut