The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/7/2024 at 9:37 AM, Steve Thomas said:

"Which is just to say, in another form, what we already know to be true: Trump can lose in November, but as long as millions of Americans feel this fear as deeply as they do, Trumpism will endure," Bouie added.”

Steve Thomas

That's an interesting article Steve. I don't really see this group no matter how alienated they feel as being able to put together an elective force without Trump. And I think if push comes to shove, without Trump, they will be  just a bunch of cowards.

Organization wise, I would have tended to think the RNC would abandon Trump after he in essence has been a 4 time loser in the last 4 elections. But now that he completely controls the RNC, I would think the only other person that aging Trump would give the mantle to would be his son and  Don Jr. could never be catalyzing force. JMO

We'll see how things pan out!

W. I tried to send you a message, but it says you're not able to receive any.

Posted (edited)

Kirk,

I'm, frankly, astonished to learn that someone has, apparently, blocked me from receiving any personal messages on this forum.

What in the hell is going on around here?

I tried to send Ron Bulman a PM this weekend, and got a message that Ron could not receive any messages.

Edited by W. Niederhut

8 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Kirk,

I'm, frankly, astonished to learn that someone has, apparently, blocked me from receiving any personal messages on this forum.

What in the hell is going on around here?

W. So you didn't get an error message that you've run out of room? I know i was surprised when that first happened to me. What you have to do is access your previous PM, and delete some old messages.

What I got from sending it to you was unclear. It simply said that you're not receiving messages.

- From CNN -

"Former President Donald Trump is scheduled for a pre-sentencing hearing with a probation officer Monday after his conviction in his hush money trial, according to two people familiar with the matter. "

Yep. That's us. I'm an American.

As the world gathers to memorialize D-Day, out former President is meeting with his probation officer.

*Sigh*

Steve Thomas

50 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

- From CNN -

"Former President Donald Trump is scheduled for a pre-sentencing hearing with a probation officer Monday after his conviction in his hush money trial, according to two people familiar with the matter. "

Yep. That's us. I'm an American.

As the world gathers to memorialize D-Day, out former President is meeting with his probation officer.

*Sigh*

Steve Thomas

Yeah, Steve and, meanwhile, Fox News and the MAGA media are running with a sh*t post by some MAGA xxxxx who claims that he is a cousin of a juror in Trump's hush money trial.  The trial was rigged.

Incidentally, my cousin is a friend of Judge Aileen Cannon, and she told me that Aileen is determined to sabotage the prosecution for Trump.  Start spreading the news... 😬

17 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

That's an interesting article Steve. I don't really see this group no matter how alienated they feel as being able to put together an elective force without Trump.

Yes, MAGA is a cult, and I posted a great article the other day by Thom Hartmann discussing why when Trump is gone, so is MAGA. Cults can't survive without the object of their fealty.

Posted (edited)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think it's realistic to be so ebullient for the Democrats chances at this time.

All that matters is the electoral college. I  predicted correctly 49 of 50 states in 2020. I only missed Biden taking Georgia, which was a fluke. Which doesn't mean I couldn't be wrong, but only a handful of states could possibly change. If the election were held today.

-I don't see Biden taking any 2020 states from Trump. But as it stands now, Trump will take states from Biden. 

-I see Georgia as going Trump and Arizona as result of the border.

-Biden has to again win all 3 of the midwest battle ground states  Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania to get a 270-268 win. The closest electoral victory of all time!

-Right now the most Biden can win is a 273-265 victory, and that's if he wins Nevada where he's currently behind.

-Pennsylvania is the pivotal state where currently Trump is 2 points ahead, but within margin of error. Wisconsin and Michigan are dead even but have a history of turning blue, but Biden can't possibly lose either of those and expect to win.

We have to hope Biden holds his own in the debates and as dumb as it sounds, people decide that Biden not being a crook outweighs the advantage Trump has in key issues. ,

-The border where Biden was slow and  now finally seen to capitulate.

-Biden again ends up slow by his appointment of Merrick Garland who dawdles for a couple of years and goes 4 years without a major prosecution. Any sort of vigorous prosecution could have been the icing on the cake!

-Biden is slow again on Bibi and his 2 state solution. Israel is starting to crack but if he acted resolutely at the first of the year he would have looked much  more formidable. But it's hard to assess what kind of liability that is election wise  because the U.S. is somehow so beholding to Israel, they are still financing and giving intelligence for this recent incursion and killing of 240 Palestinians and 4 hostages released. And even though Bibi's power is slowly eroding, both houses of Congress have asked Bibi to speak on July 24th! WTF! We look like sh-t to all the unaligned countries.

-The economy even though the U.S. recovery far exceeds nearly all the rest of the world, people want prices to go back down but they aren't going to appreciably.

Unfortunately changes from the 2020 census adds more to the red states. If for example New York had registered 5000 more people in the census, they wouldn't have lost one electoral vote.

It's going to be a grind. Remember, unfortunately the popular vote means nothing!

W. I can show how to delete pm messages if  your mail box is full.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

The thing that works the most for President Biden's re-election chances is... Donald Trump!

Kinda gross to say that, but for those that don't appreciate the difficult waters Biden has navigated, the disastrous  specter of another Trump presidency will be the part that pushes him across the finish line.

There is no numerical basis for thinking Trump can win any of the states he lost to Biden in 2020; he has not gained new followers. And because of his behavior on 1/6, he has lost many, many voters; there are still lots of people in this country that take an attack on their Capitol very seriously.

Arizona voters have rejected MAGA candidates in every election since 2020.

Georgia has 2 Democrats as their Senators, and seem perfectly pleased with that arrangement.

I believe Biden will also win North Carolina in November.

The popular vote, of course, will not be close.

Well, Matt,  we have you on the board for Biden by 12-15 million. I think he can  get more than last time.'

But that doesn't matter.

7 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Georgia has 2 Democrats as their Senators, and seem perfectly pleased with that arrangement.

And that really doesn't matter!. Besides that was fluke. Remember in that Georgia run off, Trump refused to campaign for the Repub Senate candidates because he was crying foul for losing the Georgia election? heh heh     I think we were going to win with Osoff, and that would have been a tie in the Senate.

It's amazing it's so close, but Americans aren't very bright.

there are still lots of people in this country that take an attack on their Capitol very seriously.

You and I do. But Americans are more concerned with inflation and the border. As unconscionable as that sounds. A lot of Americans now don't have a long history of extolling the Democracy.

I believe Biden will also win North Carolina in November.

Biden lost NC in 2020, and the Dems are concerned that Biden has grown very weak in Virginia where he won.

But I think he'll get Virginia.

He absolutely has to win Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania or he loses. I don't have a lot of faith in those states. But I'm confident  he'll win 2. It could be waiting days for Pennsylvania.

So we really have to have faith that the expectations for Biden are so low, if he just shows up and looks formidable in the debates, people will pick the obviously most honorable man.