The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump comments today:

“He just quit, you know—he’s quitting the race,” Trump says, sitting in a golf cart. “I got him out of the—and that means we have Kamala. I think she’s gonna be better (to face as an opponent.) “She’s so bad. She’s so pathetic,” he adds, plucking at his gloves, then appears to say, “She’s so xxxxing bad.”

Before driving off, the former president reiterates, “But they just announced he’s probably quitting. Just keep knocking him out, huh?”

Trump always telegraphs his misdeeds, because he is an incredibly moronic dummy.

"I got him out of the (race)"  Interesting choice of words...

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Of course, Newsome and Whitmer say that because that's what politicians do. They don't want to seem ambitious. They want to project loyalty to the party candidate, particularly since he's the President.

And people never accuse politicians of lying when they say the polls are wrong and they are going to win the greatest upset victory in U.S. history tomorrow, (like Mc Govern)even if they know it's impossible. They're not expected to be pundits, and they don't want to dishearten their backers, who want to believe they believe to the end..

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Barack Obama was a rare exception in 2008.  We got lucky that year.

I think that Obama beating Hillary in the primaries and winning the presidency was him riding a wave of anti-established-politician-government sentiment.  People wanted new ideas, charisma and younger leaders.  Not politicians with low approval, high disapproval polling.

Bernie darn near rode the same wave to the nomination in 2016 - prevented only by Democratic Party insiders doing all they could for their chosen 'It's Her Turn' candidate.

Trump rode that same wave but in the Republican Party and then to the presidency given the inept and disliked candidate the two party system Democratic Party nominated.

The two party system took back control in 2020 and had one of its own win the primaries and defeat Trump. 

And now the rematch.

As much as I like Bernie - I  wish he had walked out of the convention in 2016 and taken the Green Party nomination that was offered to him.   It would have established a viable 3rd party.   We would at least have another choice this year.

Edited by Bill Fite

Election day in the UK.   

Progressives at the New Statesman gloat about their candidates in comparison to the US after debate -- at around 3 minutes in.

8 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Of course, Newsome and Whitmer say that because that's what politicians do. They don't want to seem ambitious. They want to project loyalty to the party candidate, particularly since he's the President.

And people never accuse politicians of lying when they say the polls are wrong and they are going to win the greatest upset victory in U.S. history tomorrow, (like Mc Govern)even if they know it's impossible. They're not expected to be pundits, and they don't want to dishearten their backers, who want to believe they believe to the end..

C'est exact.

The insiders are circling the Biden/Harris wagons.

This election could end up like Lonesome Dove for the Democrats-- with Woodrow Call (Tommy Lee Jones) hauling Augustus McRae's (Robert Duvall's) corpse back to a burial site on the Rio Grande.