The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

4 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

On Nov. 19, 1999, after spotting the motor coach on the lot of Desert West Coach in Phoenix and putting a hold on it, Justice Thomas attended a dinner at the conservative Goldwater Institute. In a speech that night, he said he had never yearned to be a federal judge. “Pure and simple, I wanted to be rich,” he said.

So, he became a federal judge, to get rich.  

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what I need $275 to $2500 a MWh, in one day.  Supply and demand?  Or price gouging, again.  Whatever budget I had just went out the window with next month's electric bill.  Still 94 at 10:15 here.  But it's not global warming, or price gouging.

Texas power prices skyrocket as scorching heat pushes demand to record highs (msn.com)

Wagner Men Exiled by Putin Threaten New Firestorm in Europe

Poland is now gearing up combat choppers in response to infiltration threats from Wagner fighters in Belarus.”

By Shannon Vavra Aug. 05, 2023

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-wagner-fighters-threaten-armed-chaos-on-polish-border-with-belarus?ref=home

“Approximately 100 Wagner mercenaries moved closer to Poland, Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki warned Saturday. The fighters were approaching the Suwalki Gap—a strategic swath of territory between Belarus and Kaliningrad, a Russian territory—fueling concern that “extremely dangerous” Wagner fighters are preparing for a “hybrid attack on Polish territory,” Morawiecki said.

As the thinking goes, Wagner fighters, with either Lukashenko’s or Russian President Vladimir Putin’s blessing or urging, may seek to lash out against neighboring Poland, a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). Poland has served as a major hub for channeling Western military aid for Kyiv since Russia invaded Ukraine last year, making it a prime target.”

Steve Thomas

20 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Just what I need $275 to $2500 a MWh, in one day.  Supply and demand?  Or price gouging, again.  Whatever budget I had just went out the window with next month's electric bill.  Still 94 at 10:15 here.  But it's not global warming, or price gouging.

Texas power prices skyrocket as scorching heat pushes demand to record highs (msn.com)

Ron,

My sister in Tucson has solar panels on her Spanish adobe house, and her AC/electricity bills have been reasonable, even in 105 F weather.

Texas seems like a prime market for solar energy conversion, other than the fact that Big Oil controls the government.

I'm, frankly, astonished that Trump was able to use a four-syllable world like "emblematic."

Trump Unironically Blames Biden for U.S. Women’s World Cup Loss (thedailybeast.com)

In an apparently unironic statement Sunday, former President Donald Trump appeared to blame his successor for the recent loss suffered by the U.S. women’s soccer team, saying their premature exit from the World Cup was “fully emblematic of what is happening to the our once great nation under Crooked Joe Biden.” “Many of our players were openly hostile to America - No other country behaved in such a manner, or even close. WOKE EQUALS FAILURE. Nice shot Megan, the USA is going to Hell!!!” Trump wrote on Truth Social, complete with an apparent reference to a penalty kick miss by star forward Megan Rapinoe.

Edited by W. Niederhut

- Donald Trump spokesperson Alina Habba -
"I think that realistically you have to remember that a lot of these cases deal with classified documents, which mean that all the lawyers now have to apply for special clearance, right?”
“You can’t just take a classified document and review it. You have to have SCIFs"

- Donald Trump -
Trump has denied any wrongdoing, claiming he had “every right” to keep the documents and that he also personally declassified the material himself, so was able to share them with people to be a process, as I understand it. You’re the president of the United States. You can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.”

Oops
Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas