The Education Forum

The Attempted Assassination of Charles deGaulle

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well, I will let you have final say. I have said my part. 

I hope you keep contributing to the EF-JFK, as do others with your views, or those with polar opposite views. 

A non-responsive response to facts.  Tiresome.

47 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

A non-responsive response to facts.  Tiresome.

Ok, as a courtesy I will respond. 

Regarding the Russiagate Hoax, try this. It is 24,000 words from Columbia Journalism Review:

https://www.cjr.org/special_report/trumped-up-press-versus-president-part-1.php

I have cited the four-part series as one explanation, among many, of the dubious origins of, and quality of, the Russiagate investigations and TV show. I have cited this series to you before, as a worthy read. 

I understand you may disagree with the authors of the CJR piece (considered a liberal-left East Coast publication). 

That's fine. But surely (if you actually read the length CJR article) you must concede that the Russiagate Hoax topic is debatable, and reasonable people can disagree if it was a hoax or not. 

You contend there was substance in the Mueller Report. I contend it was largely conjecture--as in the words of FBI lead investigator Peter Strzok, "There is no big there there."

We differ. 

Later, I will cite reasons that the "Russian social media campaign" was largely make-believe as well.  Read up on the Hamilton 68 project, as covered by Matt Taibbi. 

Again, if you have different views than me, that is fine.

But to insist I have not explained my views is not correct.

Nor are your views any more, or any less "factual" than mine, or those of the Columbia Journalism Review, or Matt Taibbi. 

On top of all that, the truth has a way of leaking out over decades. 

Carter's October surprise, or the JFKA case. And what really happened at the CIA-infested Watergate burglary job? 

Don't be too sure of what is fact, or smoke and mirrors. 

Keep an open mind. 

I will try not to be tiresome.

14 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Ok, as a courtesy I will respond. 

Regarding the Russiagate Hoax, try this. It is 24,000 words from Columbia Journalism Review:

https://www.cjr.org/special_report/trumped-up-press-versus-president-part-1.php

I have cited the four-part series as one explanation, among many, of the dubious origins of, and quality of, the Russiagate investigations and TV show. I have cited this series to you before, as a worthy read. 

I understand you may disagree with the authors of the CJR piece (considered a liberal-left East Coast publication). 

That's fine. But surely (if you actually read the length CJR article) you must concede that the Russiagate Hoax topic is debatable, and reasonable people can disagree if it was a hoax or not. 

You contend there was substance in the Mueller Report. I contend it was largely conjecture--as in the words of FBI lead investigator Peter Strzok, "There is no big there there."

We differ. 

Later, I will cite reasons that the "Russian social media campaign" was largely make-believe as well.  Read up on the Hamilton 68 project, as covered by Matt Taibbi. 

Again, if you have different views than me, that is fine.

But to insist I have not explained my views is not correct.

Nor are your views any more, or any less "factual" than mine, or those of the Columbia Journalism Review, or Matt Taibbi. 

On top of all that, the truth has a way of leaking out over decades. 

Carter's October surprise, or the JFKA case. And what really happened at the CIA-infested Watergate burglary job? 

Don't be too sure of what is fact, or smoke and mirrors. 

Keep an open mind. 

I will try not to be tiresome.

Now this is a response worthy consideration.  Let me 'chew' on it, read the Columbia version of events and get back with you.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Leslie,

1) Consider the source. SAC really?

2) Laszlo Varga couldn't have gone to thr Caribbean in the April-May, 1963 time frame. He was in prison.

3) Did Hunt ever say he ever met with Souetre? Did Souetre ever say he ever met with Hunt?

4) Lejos Marton could not have gone to Mexico on November 12, 1963. Tried in absentia in January of 1963, he had been arrested in September of that year. Varga was already in prison.

Steve Thomas

Am I misreading something? Marton tried in absentia - was he arrested in sept 62 or 63? 

4 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I think you, or another ed forum member recently reposted a fairly obscure photo alleged to be shot inside a prison environment. Memory serves, men in the photo are relevant to this discussion?  Does anyone have the date stamp or the caption of the photo?

6 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Leslie,

1) Consider the source. SAC really?

2) Laszlo Varga couldn't have gone to thr Caribbean in the April-May, 1963 time frame. He was in prison.

3) Did Hunt ever say he ever met with Souetre? Did Souetre ever say he ever met with Hunt?

4) Lejos Marton could not have gone to Mexico on November 12, 1963. Tried in absentia in January of 1963, he had been arrested in September of that year. Varga was already in prison.

Steve Thomas

Are you arguing that one of de Gaulle's anti-OAS guys planted the story? Are you thinking Michel Mertz is the prime candidate for said misinformation?

5 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

I think you, or another ed forum member recently reposted a fairly obscure photo alleged to be shot inside a prison environment. Memory serves, men in the photo are relevant to this discussion?  Does anyone have the date stamp or the caption of the photo?

Leslie,

Those are all pictures taken from inside the prison at Satint Martin de Re, sometime between 1963 and 1968.

You can go here, and search by name:

https://deltas-collines.org/galerie/COMBATTANTS

The entries under Laszlo Varga have the mosts shots of Varga, Marton and Sari.

Steve Thomas

1 minute ago, Steve Thomas said:

Leslie,

Those are all pictures taken from inside the prison at Satint Martin de Re, sometime between 1963 and 1968.

You can go here, and search by name:

https://deltas-collines.org/galerie/COMBATTANTS

The entries under Laszlo Varga have the mosts shots of Varga, Marton and Sari.

Steve Thomas

But you don't have photos of Marton and/or Varga in prison?

Any chance you have signed affidavits of witnesses who knew them while in prison, or maybe prison officials that can attest to their incarceration?  I'm asking because thus far, I've only see the links provided here that list them.  Are you fully satisfied with "a list"?

Edited by Leslie Sharp

5 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

I've seen it.  Caption or date?  Prison attire?

They wore street clothes.

Here's another one:

image.png.eab2b7fe5446aea9d3bf53fea6b1127b.png

Les 3 Hongrois
de l'attentat du Petit-Clamart
----
Gijola SARI
Lajos MARTON

Laszlo VARGA.

Go here and look at pictures of the interior of Re:. They're standing up on the second or third floor of the catwalk.

https://deltas-collines.org/galerie/COURSIVES

Steve Thomas

9 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Here's another one:

Les 3 Hongrois
----
Gijola SARI
Lajos MARTON

Laszlo VARGA.

Go here and look at pictures of the interior of Re:. They're standing up on the second or third floor of the catwalk.

Steve Thomas

Date?
I'll accept the gear.

10 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Here's another one:

Les 3 Hongrois
----
Gijola SARI
Lajos MARTON

Laszlo VARGA.

Steve Thomas

Are you arguing that one of de Gaulle's anti-OAS guys planted the story? Are you thinking Michel Mertz is the prime candidate for said misinformation?