The Education Forum

Assume Nothing about Edward Epstein

This is my latest on the farceur JFK writer Ed Epstein.  Rereading it I think its mild.  So click to the other link to see how bad this guy is and was.

One thing that his book proves is that, beyond any doubt, this guy is part of the Washington/NYC power club.  He dines with Dick Helms and his wife along with Joe Alsop and Arnaud D. one of the founders of Newsmax. His early benefactor was Clay Felker, and I could have been really hot on him, through that excellent Red Stockings expose about Felker and Gloria Steinem.  Epstein spent ten Xmases with James Goldsmith, the corporate raider.  And man does Epstein do the suck up to Nixon and Kissinger.  If you read what I would have asked those two war criminals at the end, you will see why I would never get invited to the dinners that this guy did.  

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/assume-nothing-about-edward-epstein

Edited by James DiEugenio

At that dinner with Arnaud De Borchgrave, Alsop and Helms, I would have asked:

"OK, just tell me what it was: Vietnam or Cuba? Or was it both, and you were trying to send a message? Well it worked."

You know Dave, I would probably  agree with that.

But these are the circles Epstein operates in.

Those questions do not get asked.

He has a chapter on that which I found curious.

He now asks, how the heck did Epstein go from a small time operator to a guy with a half billion dollars?

And he seems to think that somehow people like Wexner were enthrall to him for financial advice.

But that was about it.

Where James D. finds the intestinal fortitude to read some of this stuff....

We may actually be at a fresh low point for the JFKA research community.

The tone is being set---those who would release national security records are Putin stooges and apologists. Let's mix up the JFK Records into that. 

People like Ed Epstein can get books published. 

No one in establishment media cares that President Biden/AG Garland have done a snuff job on the JFK Records. Who wants to release national security records, anyway? 

Operation Mockingbird has grown into a flock of eagles. 

I have to say, how I got onto this was interesting.

A reader of K and K, noted that Ash Carter, who works at Graydon Carter's AIr Mail (is it his son?),  just wrote a puff piece about Epstein.

So I read it and realized that is just what it was. The circles that these people live in are self supportive. Graydon Carter was trying to give Epstein a boost for his book.

So I said, well maybe what Ash left out can tell us something more truthful.  Boy, did it ever.  It was not an easy read by any means.  His adulation of Nixon and Kissinger made me get out my barf bag.  I mean really, in this day and age? Does he think we are all stupid?  

And Jimmy Goldsmith?  He spends ten Xmas holidays with the guy?  This is not the way an investigative reporter works.

I still cannot get over that dinner party he got invited to:  Helms, his wife, Alsop and Arnaud De Borchgrave? Talk about a short list of American made to order fascism..

OH, another question for Nixon.

DIck, what was so important about killing democracy in Iran in 1953?

You not only robbed that country of its own resources, but you ended up causing an Islamic revolution.

The only president who tried to do anything about it was JFK.

BTW, Nixon does say something good about Kennedy to Epstein.

Goldsmith asked him who had the best leadership qualities of any politician?

Nixon said it was Kennedy.  Because whatever you thought about his policies, he could make the most convincing case through rhetoric of anyone he ever saw. He then said, was that not what the Greeks  said that the art of politics was about?

Another question I would have asked of Nixon if I was Epstein:

Why did you say in your book No More Vietnams, that you never contemplated using atomic weapons or bombing the dykes, when in fact you suggested doing both at one meeting during the Easter Offensive. Jeff Kimball uncovered that one also.

At that meeting Kissinger said if you bombed the dykes, you would kill 200,000 people. About what happened during both atom bombs on Japan.  

But John Newman said that was not correct.  The bombing of the dykes would have killed a half million people.  That would have made you the biggest mass killer during one single event in history.  And those would have been almost exclusively civilians.

How could you have forgotten saying something like this?

Is this why you did not want the government to control your holdings at the library?  You did not want everyone to know that you were this far gone over Vietnam?

Follow up to Nixon on the above:

When you wrote that book No More Vietnams, you sketched in a world background that was something like the height of the Cold War in 1962.

But yet 1985 was the year that Gorbachev became General Secretary in the USSR.  The Berlin Wall would collapse four years later.

Did you have no inkling of who Gorbachev was?  I mean even Thatcher and Reagan thought he was for real.  

Richard Garwin is quoted in article on CIA Crest as being the scientific expert consulted at the time for a possible nuclear attack on Vietnam. Garwin was the same guy brought in to refute later audio acoustics evidence from the day of the JFK assassination.

Was this under Nixon Anthony?

yes, that would be nice if you did.

Because Nixon's Operation Duck Hook, that included the use of atomic weapons.