The Education Forum

Someone Created a FAKE "Confession" Interview with Ruth Paine

It appears that someone has created a sophisticated FAKE "confession" audio interview with Ruth Paine, perhaps using AI tools such as voice matching synthesis.  It sounds a lot like her, but maybe a younger version. But there is clearly something off about the speech of both her and the interviewer.  This was posted to YouTube today by an account that was created yesterday with the following description:

As the British Empire crowned a new king on the 6th May, on a little known radio station in regional Victoria in Australia, the truth was being told. This is a weird show, it's not listed on the station website's program guide, but can be heard every Saturday night on OKR FM between 6-8 PM Melbourne time. A former American intel agent going by the name of "Mac" did this interview and broadcast it. Little other information has been given. Oddly enough, at the conclusion of the interview they played a Dweezil Zappa song called "Just The Way She Is." I don't know if they were trying to say it was about Ruth, if they were trying to be funny or what was going on.

At 2:25, "Ruth" says, "Both myself and my husband were employed by Central Intelligence as handlers for the Oswalds."

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What strikes me as a bit odd is that she seems to be talking very freely. What I recall about her interviews and statements is that she is careful in her choice of words. When people are considering what they say as they say it they seem to speak a little slower and put more emphasis on certain words. There are those moments when we can see that a person is searching for the right word. When they get it they put an emphasis on it and more of a pause before it. Again just from memory, she seems to be speaking more words per second than any interview I recall. People also seem to speak slower as they age and I think it is her rapid talk that gives me the same impression as you, that she sounds younger. Nowadays computers can clean up people's speech and I think they can put the words closer together too.  they can make a boring speech pattern sounds a little more interesting by compressing it. New technology is making it harder to evaluate anything

I have just listened to the whole thing. The interviewer has patched the female audio to his monologue / questions. It sounds completely unnatural. 

What I don’t understand is that if using AI tools, why wouldn’t you sample a more recent interview of Ruth where her voice sounds older and produce audio similar. 

The construction of the females sentences is very long, as if reading a letter our or pre-prepared monologue. IMO a spontaneous response would never come out that way. It reminded me of someone reading a pre-prepared speech. The breathing isn’t consistent with Ruth’s interview that I posted from 9 years ago (above), ie she doesn’t breath enough. 

I’m no AI or deepfake expert. 

Edited by Chris Barnard

7 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

This is truly scary. But we know it’s coming. 

Our voice data, facial recognition, finger prints, and other biometric data is being collated and stored somewhere. 
I guess that’ll never be misused. 

4 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Defending-Ruth-Paine-Logo.jpg

Conspiracy theories are always loony. Whereas there's nothing loony about impossible lone nut scenarios. Call them ridiculous, stupid, choose you own adjective, but don't call them loony. That adjective has been taken.

14 hours ago, Max Good said:

It appears that someone has created a sophisticated FAKE "confession" audio interview with Ruth Paine, perhaps using AI tools such as voice matching synthesis.  It sounds a lot like her, but maybe a younger version. But there is clearly something off about the speech of both her and the interviewer.  This was posted to YouTube today by an account that was created yesterday with the following description:

At 2:25, "Ruth" says, "Both myself and my husband were employed by Central Intelligence as handlers for the Oswalds."

Max,

You mad she didn't spill the beans to you? Lol

"His CIA handlers"

As his handler, and CIA, and following orders... how is this consistent with assisting to establish his guilt by allowing that the BYPs as well as the assassination rifle were from her garage?  Now George D is another story.

We are entering a period of time unlike anything in history - used to be when there was no communication between any geographic areas but word of mouth, stories could be told and believed with no possibility of confirmation...  now we can go confirm it with something like this which fools so many people - ugh, the seal just keeps being broken in so many areas with this stuff.. nothing will be believable... which I guess would be the point of those wanting to control such tech.

(Side question for all you interested in Marina as in Chris' post of a real interview she mentioned talking only Russian with Lee, Marina near by also only spoke Russian...
Marina talked about meeting and talking with Robert Webster at the trade show he attended in Russia - she even mistakenly testified to have met her husband at a trade show -...  what language could they have spoken to with each other, this 17 year old pharmacist and this RAND employee?)

1726487529_RuthPaineNONONO.jpg.0a91fbf66477bbb6e421b90fce83a679.jpg

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

"His CIA handlers"

As his handler, and CIA, and following orders... how is this consistent with assisting to establish his guilt by allowing that the BYPs as well as the assassination rifle were from her garage?  Now George D is another story.

We are entering a period of time unlike anything in history - used to be when there was no communication between any geographic areas but word of mouth, stories could be told and believed with no possibility of confirmation...  now we can go confirm it with something like this which fools so many people - ugh, the seal just keeps being broken in so many areas with this stuff.. nothing will be believable... which I guess would be the point of those wanting to control such tech.

(Side question for all you interested in Marina as in Chris' post of a real interview she mentioned talking only Russian with Lee, Marina near by also only spoke Russian...
Marina talked about meeting and talking with Robert Webster at the trade show he attended in Russia - she even mistakenly testified to have met her husband at a trade show -...  what language could they have spoken to with each other, this 17 year old pharmacist and this RAND employee?)

I’ve never seen this. It’s real?

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I’ve never seen this. It’s real?

Paul... it's me...  B)

Kidding...  yes, it's real.  Marina winds up personally meeting both Webster and Oswald within months of each other.

If you look at her "diplomas" and birth certificate info you'd be in for a surprise.

Then there's this guy named MOHAMMAD we can talk about, if you like.

.63-01-09 REGGAB MEMO DETAILING RELATIONSHIP WITH MARINA docid-32342127.pdf

18 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

This is truly scary. But we know it’s coming. 

Yes and I don't think that could be overstated. It's coming and even the AI people can't predict where it's going. Scary