The Education Forum

Would you become a JFK assassination researcher if you had to do it all again?

Personally I would. Though I think I would nearly pass out thinking about the huge amount of work ahead of me reading WC testimonies, reading books and documents, watching documentaries, listening to podcasts, reading forums, making sketches, taking notes, visiting Dallas, studying maps of Dealey Plaza considering various trajectories etc.

What about you? Would you advise your younger self to become a JFK assassination researcher or would you advise yourself to avoid it like the plague?

Edited by Gerry Down

• Gerry Down changed the title to Would you become a JFK assassination researcher if you had to do it all again?

I'm not sure.I have went down so many rabbit holes.

It's just important & scary in my mind just what our Government can & will do.

No use in hopes for another investigation.I think that ship has sailed.

2 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

Personally I would. Though I think I would nearly pass out thinking about the huge amount of work ahead of me reading WC testimonies, reading books and documents, watching documentaries, listening to podcasts, reading forums, making sketches, taking notes, visiting Dallas, studying maps of Dealey Plaza considering various trajectories etc.

What about you? Would you advise your younger self to become a JFK assassination researcher or would you advise yourself to avoid it like the plague?

Well, I am not really a JFKA researcher, as I had to work and still do. Call me a part-timer. 

True, no financial rewards in the JFKA. 

They say "knowledge is power"...but in this case, having more knowledge makes one feel more powerless. 

Still, the JFKA is a greatest detective story every written, far surpassing anything in fiction. It is endlessly interesting, in all its manifestations. 

When I chide myself for "spending too much time on the JFKA," then I reason other people read detective novels or watch the NFL. Is my past-time any worse or better than that? 

This is no way diminishes the horror of the event itself. It still painful to watch the Z film. 

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well, I am not really a JFKA researcher, as I had to work and still do. Call me a part-timer. 

True, no financial rewards in the JFKA. 

They say "knowledge is power"...but in this case, having more knowledge makes one feel more powerless. 

Still, the JFKA is a greatest detective story every written, far surpassing anything in fiction. It is endlessly interesting, in all its manifestations. 

When I chide myself for "spending too much time on the JFKA," then I reason other people read detective novels or watch the NFL. Is my past-time any worse or better than that? 

This is no way diminishes the horror of the event itself. It still painful to watch the Z film. 

You're a JFKA researcher.

Testing.

*Been getting this message over & over on a another thread.

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 30 seconds before submitting.

Edited by Michael Crane

3 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

You're a JFKA researcher.

That is flattering, but the real researchers---and real historians, btw---are Larry Hancock, John Newman, Malcolm Bunt, James DiEugenio, Tink Thompson, Gerald McKnight, and few other guys who have slipped my mind. Don't forget Mark Lane. Or David Lifton and Doug Horne. 

I have knocked off a few tight JFKA subjects, such as John Connally's 11/22 shirt with the very small, round rear bullet hole (thus 100% destroying the LN'ers tumbling bullet theory) and JBC's repeated attesting he was pushed forward by the bullet that struck him, which places that shot at ~Z295---about one second before JFK was struck in the head, that destroys the lone gunman with a single-shot rifle theory (there is more to these stories, but that is the nutshells).

I have an excellent story pending on the Walker Bullet-CE573, which sure makes the WC exhibit look suspect, and that is to put it mildly. 

As I said, some people watch the NFL, other people hang on TV serials or read detective novels. I am interested in the JFKA. 

But on the JFKA research team, I might be a utility infielder.  

Edited by Benjamin Cole

The No1 researcher was Donahue who discovered that Hickey shot jfk in the head at Z312 (Donahue was assisted by No2 Menninger who wrote Donahue's book)(& Donahue's Hickey theory was reinforced by No3 McLaren who wrote a book (2013))(& Donahue's theory was extended from 1 shot to (at least) 4 shots by No4 myself (2021) but i did not write a book).

Or praps No2 should have gone to Holland -- who discovered that Oswald's shot-1 at pseudo Z103 ricocheted off the signal arm.

Some other researchers are a mixture of clever & interesting, but some are irrelevant or wrong.

And Donahue Menninger McLaren & Holland were all partly wrong.

And me myself my (armchair) research is correct (albeit standing on the shoulders of Holland & Donahue). 

To Gerry's question, I would say "no." Although I think myself and others have made discoveries that have crept us closer to the truth, I no longer believe people, as a species, give a rat's ass about the truth. On this event or on anything, really. 

I see this all the time. When people find out I've researched the case, they almost always ask "So who do you think did it?" When I then tell them I don't know but that the research of others and myself proves beyond a doubt that the government blew smoke and that the evidence actually suggests more than one shooter, their face goes blank, They are disappointed. They were hoping I would tell them something exciting like "a midget in the gutter did it on behalf of the mafia" or one of the agents did it. Not that they would have believed me. But they were hoping for something that would brighten up their day and not something that would confirm what they already know--that conspiracies happen and governments lie. Ho-hum. The truth is just too boring for most...people raised on TV and fantasy and sci-fi franchises. They crave something more exciting. 

We see this, moreover, internationally. People around the world are embracing autocrats because they prefer the excitement of having a "hero" fighting for them as opposed to the mundane reality of bureaucrats doing what is best, or easiest. They don't care much that these autocrats are most always corrupt, and bleeding their countries dry. The truth just doesn't matter. 

My cynical rant of the day. 

14 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

To Gerry's question, I would say "no." Although I think myself and others have made discoveries that have crept us closer to the truth, I no longer believe people, as a species, give a rat's ass about the truth. On this event or on anything, really. 

I see this all the time. When people find out I've researched the case, they almost always ask "So who do you think did it?" When I then tell them I don't know but that the research of others and myself proves beyond a doubt that the government blew smoke and that the evidence actually suggests more than one shooter, their face goes blank, They are disappointed. They were hoping I would tell them something exciting like "a midget in the gutter did it on behalf of the mafia" or one of the agents did it. Not that they would have believed me. But they were hoping for something that would brighten up their day and not something that would confirm what they already know--that conspiracies happen and governments lie. Ho-hum. The truth is just too boring for most...people raised on TV and fantasy and sci-fi franchises. They crave something more exciting. 

We see this, moreover, internationally. People around the world are embracing autocrats because they prefer the excitement of having a "hero" fighting for them as opposed to the mundane reality of bureaucrats doing what is best, or easiest. They don't care much that these autocrats are most always corrupt, and bleeding their countries dry. The truth just doesn't matter. 

For some reason my earlier post didn't register as a new post and never appeared on the front page. Weird. 

15 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

Greatly agree with your take Pat.

"Unfortunately or fortunately" ( Trump's latest gift to the American Lexicon ) the truth is often cynical by nature of the reality of life.

A continuous struggle from birth to death...oui?

Not a researcher by any means.

Side interest that has taken up years of my time in my retired years...oh for sure.

Too much of my time? Debatably yes/no?

From a child's age, I felt a personal connection to JFK.

JFK/Jackie had connected to Americans ( especially younger ones ) more than perhaps any other modern day presidents and first ladies due to many factors.

I was one such enamored young American.

JFK's brutal slaying was a traumatic event for me and most of America.

It was a shocking wake-up call to the harsher, darker, corrupt realities of life. 

What was that Guy Banister line in the Oliver Stone film JFK ... "Camelot in smitherings."?

Watching Jack Ruby blow Oswald's guts out right inside the Dallas Police Department building basement while Oswald was handcuffed to two big side guards live on national TV was also traumatizing.

The improbability of it all shook my sense of trust in well...so many things and ways regards life all around us.

From the second Ruby blasted Oswald away...tens of millions of America instantly also felt that loss of trust.

They ( like me ) felt a gut instinct that something was very wrong with the whole affair.

And our government has been totally unsuccessful in relieving that sense of doubt, mistrust and suspicion in the minds of the majority of Americans for 60 years now.

I've been a sideline "encourager" of the JFKA truth seeking research movement and community all my life. Much more so in my retirement years.

Yelling ( posting ) support when I can. Keeping discussion and interest going in my uneducated but well meaning way.

Keeping the truth seeking torch light aflame in my small way?

I have always "cared" about the JFKA truth mission.

Enough to toss little pebbles into the truth mission lake waters from time to time if for any reason just to keep at least some ripples going to catch people's eyes noticing them and asking...why are they there?

Edited by Joe Bauer