The Education Forum

Morley Takes a Cue From Matt Allison?

Matt Allison posted on the memo  “CIA Personnel Involved in the Warren Commission Investigation” recently, and now Morley is picking up the ball. 

Best New JFK File: CIA Meets the Warren Commission

How the assassination investigation was compromised by the clandestine service

MAY 24

PREVIEW
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F2651f285-5b04-4af0-90c9-6e545717fcaf_558x706.jpeg

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FNote

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama  

The declassification of the latest JFK files continues to produce revelatory information. I’m referring to thousands of records released under President Biden’s memo of December 15, 2022, most recently on May 12.

Among the records unearthed in the past six months are:

This 1976 CIA memo matters because it identifies no less than 39 CIA employees who had contact with the Warren Commission.

The document also identifies nine officials who had daily contact with the Commission as it investigated JFK’s murder in 1964. While many of these names have been made public before, those who say “there’s nothing new here,” don’t know what these CIA officials named in the document said privately about the events of November 1963. 

The news is two-fold. First, this document shows the CIA was well-positioned to fraudulently influence and shape the assassination investigation. The Commission relied on the good faith of the Agency and did not get it. Second, CIA officers later admitted the Commission was duped on several key points, including what certain officers knew about Oswald while JFK was still alive.

The significance? The document illuminates the CIA cover-up that followed the murder of the liberal president in unprecedented and personal detail...

54 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

I don't see what's new here. We always knew the CIA helped the WC in it's investigation. Lots of agencies helped the WC in it's investigation.

The word "helped" might need clarification. 

Dulles attended and essentially ran far more meetings than Warren. 

David Atlee Phillips and eight other CA'ers in "daily communication" with the WC? 

If LHO had nothing to do with the CIA (or US intel), and was nothing but an isolated leftie loser loner...and LHO acted alone...why the heavy, heavy CIA involvement with the WC?

Why are CIA documents from New Orleans still being suppressed by President Biden and the CIA? 

Something doesn't add up....

What i'd like to see is a similar document which lists out the State Department, FBI, DPD, Customs officials etc. that also worked on the case on a daily basis for the Warren Commission. That might help put the CIA document into clearer perspective. I don't know if we have such an equivalent document from those agencies however. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

If LHO had nothing to do with the CIA (or US intel), and was nothing but an isolated leftie loser loner...and LHO acted alone...why the heavy, heavy CIA involvement with the WC?

Maybe they were just doing it on their lunch breaks? 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Something doesn't add up....

Oh, it adds up all right. This is exactly why people reject the explanation. "Crazy mixed-up kid' requires the full might and authority of the federal government to solve the crime or cover it up?

Do the math again haha.

Oswald had been in the USSR for 2 and a half years. He had also been to Mexico City. It would have taken the expertise of the CIA to try and establish for the WC that LHO was not a foreign agent of some kind during these times abroad. So its only natural the CIA would be working closely with the WC in these matters. Other thinsg the CIA had to do was establish stuff such as how Oswald made it into the USSR for his defection, the route taken etc. and if there were any signs a foreign power was aiding him in this defection.

Would it be better if the WC had another body to double check the CIAs work? Yes that would be handy, but they were kind of stuck in that the CIA was the only real agency that could provide this knowledge to the WC. 

It was the FBIs job, i believe, to establish for the WC if LHO had been a foreign agent inside the US from May 1962 to Nov 1963. So the WC were again forced to rely on a body, the FBI, who were the only real ones qualified in the matter. The FBI would have had to liaise with the CIA in this matter, which again would mean the CIA would be working indirectly through the FBI for the WC. The FBI would also have had to liaise with the CIA on things such as trying to establish the identity of certain cuban exiles that LHO was alleged to have interacted with such as at the Odio incident etc. 

So its not unusual that the CIA would be working on a daily basis for the WC in one way or another. 

1 minute ago, Gerry Down said:

Oswald had been in the USSR for 2 and a half years. He had also been to Mexico City. It would have taken the expertise of the CIA to try and establish for the WC that LHO was not a foreign agent of some kind during these times abroad. So its only natural the CIA would be working closely with the WC in these matters. Other thinsg the CIA had to do was establish stuff such as how Oswald made it into the USSR for his defection, the route taken etc. and if there were any signs a foreign power was aiding him in this defection.

Would it be better if the WC had another body to double check the CIAs work? Yes that would be handy, but they were kind of stuck in that the CIA was the only real agency that could provide this knowledge to the WC. 

It was the FBIs job, i believe, to establish for the WC if LHO had been a foreign agent inside the US from May 1962 to Nov 1963. So the WC were again forced to rely on a body, the FBI, who were the only real ones qualified in the matter. The FBI would have had to liaise with the CIA in this matter, which again would mean the CIA would be working indirectly through the FBI for the WC. The FBI would also have had to liaise with the CIA on things such as trying to establish the identity of certain cuban exiles that LHO was alleged to have interacted with such as at the Odio incident etc. 

So its not unusual that the CIA would be working on a daily basis for the WC in one way or another. 

I think what you're saying is mostly true but it's the scale of the endeavor and the fact that participants have been kept secret for so long that is the rub. The FBI and the CIA as well as the press were fully aware of LHO's Soviet junket before the assassination and had people in place keeping tabs on him. The information was dumped by the Cuban exiles into the press that same day and as I'm sure you're aware they themselves were employed by the CIA.

I'm not knowledgeable enough on the topic to say the roster of agents and assets, only partially revealed by this list, weren't fully questioned by subsequent investigators for information related to their efforts, but I'm suspicious that lower-level employees were insulated, filtered and hidden to maintain a front to corroborate the WC findings.

Its interesting that document says that A. Dooley was the point of contact with the WC. I think in some books it says that Ray Rocca, Angletons deputy, was the point of contact. That document says otherwise. 

Also that document says Birch O'Neill was the point of contact between the CIA and FBI for the duration of the WC investigation. I wonder if it was normal for the senior person to take over in such a high profile situation or if O'Neal wanted to over ride the usual liaison officer to the FBI, Jane Roman, and take care of this liaison himself for some sinister reason.

I cannot believe this, 60 years on?

THE WARREN COMMISSION NEVER INVESTIGATED MEXICO CITY!

got that?  Let me repeat for emphasis.

THE WAREEN COMMISSION NEVER INVESTIGATED MEXICO CITY!

Even Phil "the cover up" Shenon admits this in his POS book.  He describes how the Commission guys were shrugged off by the Mexican authorities, particularly the Secretary of the Interior, who would later be president.  They would not even let them interview Duran. Therefore the Commission had to rely on what the CIA gave them from those guys, especially Ochoa.  Which, as David  Josephs has revealed , is BS.

Just compare what the HSCA did in this area, with what is in the WC.  Night and Day. The CIA and Ochoa covered up what happened for the WC.

As per Russia, its just as bad.  There are two relatively new sources on this which show this up, the Titovets book, and John Newman's latest book.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Is it accurate to say they never investigated?  Or more accurate to say they did a piss poor investigation and were handled on it?  I mean Coleman and co. did go down there.