The Education Forum

Greg Parker sums up the Warren Commission's case perfectly

9 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

Fair enough but how many COULD be available in a large city already responding to an assissination of POTUS?

Well, to be brutally honest, knowing the DPD at that time, they were probably far more upset about the death of a fellow officer than they were about JFK.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

Well, to be brutally honest, knowing the DPD at that time, they were probably far more upset about the death of a fellow officer than they were about JFK.

Well Matt, I'll see your brutally honest and raise you a sinister.  From Joseph McBride's Political Truth, The Media and the Assassination of President Kennedy.  Pg. 323.  I'm pretty sure this is in Into the Nightmare as well.

"I observed to Dallas Police Detective James Leavelle (yes, the one handcuffed to Oswald when he was shot), who was in charge of the limited investigation of the Tippit murder, that the police radio transmissions show officers sounding almost blasé when President Kennedy was shot but frantically active after hearing the report of Tippit being shot.  I asked Leavelle if that indicated the police were more upset by Tippit's murder than about the killing of the president.  Leavelle's lips curled in a little smile when he told me,

As the old saying goes back then, "It wasn't no different than a South Dallas nixxer killin'".  When you get right down to it - because it was just another murder inside the city lines of Dallas that we would handle.  It was just another murder to me.  And I've handled hundreds of 'em.  So it wasn't no big deal."