The Education Forum

The Pierre Lafitte Datebook: A Fake?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

I hope Leslie Sharp will address this issue, or perhaps Alan Kent. 

What issue? 

And what earnest JFKA researcher would present any important purported authentic document to the community with a "take it or leave it" attitude? 

5 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

I hope Leslie Sharp will address this issue, or perhaps Alan Kent. 

Hi Michael,  I hope you will follow the updates and most recent deliberations on the original thread: Pierre Lafitte Datebook, 1963.

It's my understanding from Alan, as recently as last evening in fact, that he has no plans to spend time and energy on this forum on this issue. Perhaps he will change his mind at some point, but the authentication process has been my responsibility since Hank left us.

1 hour ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Hi Michael,  I hope you will follow the updates and most recent deliberations on the original thread: Pierre Lafitte Datebook, 1963.

It's my understanding from Alan, as recently as last evening in fact, that he has no plans to spend time and energy on this forum on this issue. Perhaps he will change his mind at some point, but the authentication process has been my responsibility since Hank left us.

How is it possible that earnest JFKA researchers, such as Alan Kent, purport to have found the most important JFKA document of all time, and then do not deign to discuss the document's authenticity? 

Side question: If anyone believed the possibly bogus Lafitte datebook to have been real, and informative regarding the JFKA...should not the authorities have been immediately alerted? 

And immediately...what if the purported owners of the datebook-document have it destroyed? 

We are talking about information pertaining to an accessory to a murder? The JFKA? 

Why was the first step to monetize the asset, and not ascertain its authenticity with the assistance of authorities?

Ben,

You raise some very valid points here. Does anyone remember the Torbitt Document?

49 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Side question: If anyone believed the possibly bogus Lafitte datebook to have been real, and informative regarding the JFKA...should not the authorities have been immediately alerted?

By authorities, you don't happen to mean National ArchivesFederal Bureau of Investigation or Central Intelligence Agency, do you Mr. Cole?

Because they have been so forthcoming in the past six decades, with regards personal archives, much less government documents, right?

That is the very definition of the wolves investigating the chicken coop!

No, there are no "...authorities..." Mr. Cole, that are going to help us.

Hence, you and I, on this forum, reaching a very limited and factionalized, audience...

1 hour ago, Robert Montenegro said:

By authorities, you don't happen to mean National ArchivesFederal Bureau of Investigation or Central Intelligence Agency, do you Mr. Cole?

Because they have been so forthcoming in the past six decades, with regards personal archives, much less government documents, right?

That is the very definition of the wolves investigating the chicken coop!

No, there are no "...authorities..." Mr. Cole, that are going to help us.

Hence, you and I, on this forum, reaching a very limited and factionalized, audience...

RM:

You raise a valid counter-argument to bringing the federal authorities in. 

I was thinking of a state attorney general, or even a local DA. 

After all, Jim Garrison went after people involved with LHO. 

I will concede it is a tricky situation. How to trust a DA? 

But...

If the datebook is authentic, we can also assume CIA statist-globalist blackguards are looking for a way to do a lock-and-kay job and make the datebook disappear. 

So....

I would say that if the datebook is authentic, the danger is that the document has not been thoroughly and completely copied, and then delivered to the most secure location possible. 

Worth pondering: If the datebook is bogus, then the CIA will leave it alone as an easily de-bunkable conspiracy theory. 

47 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Worth pondering: If the datebook is bogus, then the CIA will leave it alone as an easily de-bunkable conspiracy theory. 

Well, ask Leslie Sharp just how sideways her life has become since she became custodian of that datebook.

And my dear friend Hank Albarelli is now dead.

How about the wall of dismissal and harassment I get every time I post something supporting the datebook? 

Nevermind the clowns at Skyhorse Publishing that dropped the ball on editing the book "Coup In Dallas," which, after hearing the details behind that, obviously was done on purpose.

Hell, Jim DiEugenio cannot even be bothered to review the book on his glorified Kennedysandking website.

No, the campaign to eighty-six the Lafitte materials is in full-swing, and these are only the opening volleys of a coordinated attack...

Edited by Robert Montenegro

4 minutes ago, Robert Montenegro said:

Well, ask Leslie Sharp just how sideways her life has become since she became custodian of that datebook.

And my dear friend Hank Albarelli is now dead.

How about the wall of dismissal and harassment I get every time I post something supporting the datebook? 

Nevermind the clowns at Skyhorse Publishing that dropped the ball on editing the book "Coup In Dallas," which, after hearing the details behind that, obviously was done on purpose.

No, the campaign to eighty-six the Lafitte materials is in full-swing, and these are only the opening volleys of a coordinated attack...

I am not part of any group or organization (and what group would have me?). 

I am 100% supportive of the fully documented posts of yours, revealing large Nazified elements within the CIA. And those Nazis  were Involved in operations and policy.

Moreover, both McCloy and Dulles were both Nazi sympathizers and both sat on the WC. 

I hope you proceed, as well as develop an overarching scheme or worldview to explain the many parts. 

Keep it up. 

However, extreme caution regarding unverified documents is advised. 

1 hour ago, Robert Montenegro said:

True Robert.  But where else would I more especially as just a reader of others work, but you or other researchers have the opportunity to opine to a somewhat knowledgeable group?  Without quite the vehemence of some sites, with exceptions.  Which I try to ignore, but sometimes feel compelled to reply to.  Sometimes they must be for personal integrity.  I hope the site is preserved for the sake of posterity, future historians who seek the Truth.  I hope you keep posting, for the sake of your work and the site.

14 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Leslie, can you just give us a brief summary (i.e., just a few sentences) of what has been done to authenticate the datebook?